Old 06-26-2009, 01:19 PM #1
KKoTerski
KCCO

KKoTerski plays in the PSP
KKoTerski is an NCPA player
KKoTerski plays in the APPA D3 division
KKoTerski supports DLX Technology
How to: Bunker logic

Hey guys, due to great feedback, I have decided to do another How to topic on bunker logic. Hope this is as helpful as you guys said the last one was.

Lets start off with exactly what bunker logic is. Bunker logic is just what I call being able to properly play the position and/or bunker. Playing a stand up can is different from playing the snake. Knowing how to use your bunker to your advantage is bunker logic. Lets get started!

First off, you want to always keep square to your bunker. You dont want to turn around, put your back against it, or hide your face in it. Look at this picture...

Here I am staying tight and playing the outside of my bunker, yet my shoulders, hips, and legs are still squared towards the opponent. Also note how I am taking my barrel and pushing into the side of the bunker. This lets me look out and shoot, yet keeps my profile down to a minimum. Next example...

Here I am getting a little bit tighter to my bunker yet I am still squared up. Also note, unless necessary to void getting shot, try to keep your gun up and pointed at all times. You dont necessarily have to be shooting at someone, or shooting at all, just up and in the ready position. You never know when a shot may appear. Also note that its better to put your gun down and stay alive. You are much more valuable to your team as a live player not shooting, then as an eliminated player.

My next point is to always play your bunker tight. Always play as if there is a person on your side of the field. Always play as if there is a snake or a 50 dorito. This way, when the other team actually makes that bunker, your already ready for them. They dont get that easy free kill. If you ever watch Oliver Lang, he rarely gets shot in his back from across field. He plays tight at all times in order to take away those free kills the other team gets when they move up the field. Look at this picture...

I am in the 40 dorito. My player is obviously up in the snake so there is no one threatening my inside. Yet I still stay tight to my bunker.

Next point. You want to always match the angle of your gun to the side of your bunker. Look at this picture...

I am playing a dorito and notice how my loader is tilted inward in order to avoid displaying my whole loder in my profile. Tilting your gun to match the side of your bunker allows you to stay tight and avoid getting shot in the loader from the center.

My next point is to play all sides of your bunker. Take advantage of the wide ranges of spots each bunker has to play. Look at this photo...

I am posted high, put in, and then I drop down and come out low. If you keep coming out in the same spot, you are bound to get shot. Although, if you are in a bunker you can shoot over the top of, use it sparingly. Coming over the top of a bunker allows you to see the whole field and change up where your coming up. Likewise, being able to see the field means the field can see you and you are susceptible to shots from all over. If you decide to post over the top, you MUST keep your head on a swivel. Always be looking around.

Next point and final point is to always play the outermost part of your bunker. If you are the widest person, play the bunker as wide as you can. This may sound confusing, take a look at what I mean...

Notice how you can be protected from inside shots while containing the other team so they cannot fill out and do damage control. Do not let the other team back in the game. Crush them mercilessly. You give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Thanks again for the positive response before guys. Criticism is extremely welcomed. Let me know if I made a typo or you think I am teaching something wrong. Id be more than glad to fix it if I feel fit. Once again, take everything I say with a grain of salt. These are meant for guidelines, not to be followed to the tee. Also, more topic suggestions please!

PS... I dont know what is wrong, imageshack refuses to resize my photos I have changed. I think it will resize in a little while.

KKoTerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM #2
onlinepie
Matt@FPS-Photography.com

Great post

you know why they call it an xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away
onlinepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM #3
mryella
Pink Lady DC2

Wow you have an obvious talent for this good job man, i think a reloading one would prove benificial.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM #4
AM_PM (Banned)
Pineapple Express

AM_PM supports Team VICIOUS
Very helpful for the newer guys! Thank you!
AM_PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:30 PM #5
craigmartin04

nice and very informative
craigmartin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM #6
vdubdriver

Your threads have "sticky me" written all over them
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM #7
Otter_72
God I'm Good...

Very well written, another good post bro.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM #8
xsvfan123
WALSH

good to see someone who is willing to use their time to help the paintball community.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM #9
Fiteagain1

Yup another nice one, keep em comming
Fiteagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:05 PM #10
Team_Demolay_Rev

Lol as a new player I am actually printing your post out and making a book so me and my team can take it to the field and study it. Keep em coming man.
Team_Demolay_Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 PM #11
KKoTerski
KCCO

KKoTerski plays in the PSP
KKoTerski is an NCPA player
KKoTerski plays in the APPA D3 division
KKoTerski supports DLX Technology
Thanks for all the compliments guys. It means a lot. Especially the printing out comment. Haha. One question though, what topic next? I'm feelin field awareness. I had a hard time with that even when I got to the higher divisions. It would have been a nice habit to pick up on early on.

Last edited by KKoTerski : 06-26-2009 at 05:49 PM.
KKoTerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:48 PM #12
Fiteagain1

Well I just saw a thread in here for Diving/Sliding, so I vote that
Old 06-26-2009, 05:51 PM #13
vdubdriver

Here are a couple ideas bud:

How to: Communicate
This is a huge struggle for new players.

How to: Slide
Some people are naturals, while others struggle.

How to: Breakout
How to: Bunker
How to: Snap shoot

Last edited by vdubdriver : 06-26-2009 at 06:02 PM.
vdubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:55 PM #14
Fiteagain1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubdriver View Post

How to: Communicate
This is a huge struggle for new players.

How to: Slide
Some people are naturals, while others struggle.

How to: Break out
I think if you wanted you could put the last three together, depends on how much you elaborate on each of them
Old 06-26-2009, 06:00 PM #15
Jack Archer
MP5 BABY!!!!!

Yes. Breakout. I would enjoy to learn how to do that one better. Then snap, then its whatever... But great job though!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:10 PM #16
scooter780

I would love to hear about field awareness mostly because im not exactly what your are talkin about. but thats just cause im a newb. But i got my mini to carry me along. One bunker question also while im here. I was playin the dorito and found myself in a close up battle. I lost of course while trying to snap shoot. My question is when playin the dorito would u try poppin out on both sides or low and over top when close up? or is there a strong spot on the dorito to play besides up tight against it?
scooter780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 PM #17
fsupb45
Florida State Paintball

fsupb45 is an NCPA player
fsupb45 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter780 View Post
I would love to hear about field awareness mostly because im not exactly what your are talkin about. but thats just cause im a newb. But i got my mini to carry me along. One bunker question also while im here. I was playin the dorito and found myself in a close up battle. I lost of course while trying to snap shoot. My question is when playin the dorito would u try poppin out on both sides or low and over top when close up? or is there a strong spot on the dorito to play besides up tight against it?
Depending on if the other team has people left and where they are determines if i come out both sides of a dorito while snap shooting up close. If i can only use one side i come out at different points nearly everytime
For the feild awarness its not really something that can be taught but comes with time, once you learn to play your punkers and get your form down you will think less about it and will become more aware of what is happening around you.

Last edited by fsupb45 : 06-26-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: adding
fsupb45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 PM #18
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubdriver View Post

How to: Slide/Dive

How to: Breakout
Fixed

I think everyone deserves its own , but definitely good and helpfull threads

That is the key to life."
Karnivor'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 PM #19
CrazyCasey6661
Nick@CSP.Studios

CrazyCasey6661 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
CrazyCasey6661 supports Team VICIOUS
WRITE A BOOK!! id sure buy it in a heart beat!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 PM #20
Swatforce99
MSU Paintball

Swatforce99 is playing at Living Legends III
Swatforce99 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Swatforce99 supports Team VICIOUS
lol I agree. These are absolutely fantastic. Keep them coming!
Swatforce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 PM #21
natt2000
paypal verified

make more.