Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2014, 08:00 PM #1
Contray Boy

Need tips for 3-man

Me and a couple friends have been playing paintball for around 4 years and are finally ready to start playing tournaments so any tips for a 3-man team? btw we are only 15 so we don't have the most amount of cash
Contray Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 PM #2
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
Get wide and pinch the other team in the center of the field. If you know you can shoot a guy off the break, put 1-2 guns on that spot to get the elimination, playing 3 on 2 is a lot easier.
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:13 PM #3
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Same thing I tell everyone, get a coach! Three man can be quite difficult because usually once a team losses a body they almost always lose. IF cash is a problem tournament are definitely not for you.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:47 PM #4
PaintballinBanana
Paintball DUH

PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintballinBanana supports Empire
Don't Go To The Snake!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:49 PM #5
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The team that gets the first kill in 3-man will win the game 90% of the time. If you kill a side, your team should be aggressive and get up that side to shrink the field for the other team and get wider angles on them.

That's basically the gist of it. Don't die early, shoot someone off the break, capitalize on your early kill(s), and win.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:34 PM #6
PBshooter2013

Annual Supporting Member
PBshooter2013 supports Team VICIOUS
PBshooter2013 plays in the APPA beginner division
PBshooter2013 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PBshooter2013 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballinBanana View Post
the snake can be good, last time i played 3 man we sent a guy to snake and just crawled all the way and pretty much eliminated the whole team... The snake in 3man has its ups and downs
Old 03-25-2014, 11:01 PM #7
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballinBanana View Post
Egh, at times. Generally you want to spread the field as much as possible so 95% of the time... hit the snake.
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 AM #8
Contray Boy

Thanks so what type of positions should we play? I was thinking one dorito one snake and one home? I am just getting into tournaments so not really suree
Contray Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 AM #9
LostBackPlayer

LostBackPlayer plays in the PSP
LostBackPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
When I played three man we had one go snake, one snake corner one d side corner. Guy snake corner run and gun, snake obviously just don't get shot then the third guy shoot from home then bump d side. Communication is key between snake player and snake corner, snake corner should keep his mirror in allowing snake player to crawl up the snake then shoot cross field. Or you can go conservative and go three guys guns up across the back so d side snake corner and home. The key is having ur guns up especially in three man don't lose your gunfights.

If u need help feel free to pm me

HK Army
LostBackPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:42 AM #10
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contray Boy View Post
Thanks so what type of positions should we play? I was thinking one dorito one snake and one home? I am just getting into tournaments so not really suree
That works. Spread the field.
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
Old 04-06-2014, 06:56 PM #11
BigNicky
Shoot Kill Win

BigNicky is a Professional paintball player
Like was previously said shoot someone off the break, double a lane they are certain to run through if needed. Getting a kill off the break leads to a better chance of winning in every format.

Secondly Communicate. Don't just talk, or yell out their positions and a kill count, in three man more than ever try to tel your teammates who is looking where. With only 3 guns, there is always a move that can be made. And if you can see that 2 people are shooting at one teammate tell him to relax and stay alive and find or communicate the move that can be made.

Three man is all about shooting and moving. if you can shoot in one guy, that's usually enough to open up a safe move. So shoot a guy in and move, and keep shooting and moving as long as the moves are keeping you wide, or at least as wide as the opposition is to a tape.

If you lose a guy off break and you don't get a kill off break then you need to go into defense mode, although if you are bodies up or even you should always be attacking.

About the snake comment, if possible all players should be on their feet, it is quicker to move this way, and with your head down or just being on your stomach in the snake you will not see as much or hear as well. The snake is never a good idea if you are the last player alive.

Practice 1 vs 1s and 1 vs 2s as much as possible. If you have 3 good one on one players who can also communicate to each other, you are in good shape.

*Sacramento DMG *Planet Eclipse*GI Sportz*CEPP*

FREE GORE!
BigNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM #12
D3 Hawk
SnakeInTheGrass

D3 Hawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Also another thing to keep in mind is that communication is the key to everything, in 3 man especially, cause if your not calling out where the enemy is then your done, because they might get past the line and dominate. Also you must be quick and agile cause it always sucks getting shot off the break,and like pyromaniacs1said you loose 905 of the time when its 3v2, and remember to shoot thru your bunkers, when i was at Psp Dallas my team mates noticed with all the players there, that they shot thru there bunker.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:05 PM #13
Wasteovspace
Team Intense

Wasteovspace owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wasteovspace plays in the APPA beginner division
Wasteovspace has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wasteovspace supports Empire
3 man is basically 3 1v1's running at the same time...drill on snapshots..this will help immensely ~fellow 3man player
Wasteovspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 PM #14
crazygood12
Field Owner/ Player

I did a 3 man series last year. A couple friends and I used to play/ref together around high school (never any tourneys though), and we decided to get back into it and start playing tourney's. We placed 2nd in the series (5 events) only missing 1st by a handful of points. We did this without any airball practice (hyperball) and few people to play against at our local field.

We normally broke out to the 3 closest bunkers allowing us to lane safely and see where the other team went. The wide players moved out and up A.S.A.P. matching the other teams wide runners. Depending on the layout we would normally have the center player support whichever side was stronger (normally snake side). This would also help the snake player move up effectively and safely. This leaves one person on the dorito side, he/she should be good at 1v1's and have pretty good field awareness cause you can take allot of fire meaning sometimes its best to stay behind your bunker.

Communication/trust is the most important thing, it's often hard to here your teammates all the way across the field. So you need to be more than just a PB team with your partners. The more you hang out together the tighter bond you create. This will help you understand each other by body language or just the pitch of the voice. You have to know everybody's strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage. We had enough trust in each other that we had no prob trading out and leaving any one of us in a 1 on 1 situation.

Just have fun. We found out that when we yelled at each other and forgot about the FUN of PB we played like crap. Use your first couple tourneys as nothing but a learning experience with reasonable goals (don't expect to win the whole tourney). As long as you progress every event than things will eventually come together. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE AND HAVE FUN!!!!!
crazygood12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:54 PM #15
mase3366

Speaking of 3 man tourneys my beginner team is trying to get a sponsorship and we need to grow our social media presence, so please give my team a like. We greatly appreciate it!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/NHA-B...21240338021921
Old 06-09-2014, 05:12 PM #16
mase3366

Looking to play the 3 man tournament in October at Cousins in NY, anybody else planning on playing then? Any tips or suggestions, thanks!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:38 AM #17
Barbara_Walters
I want AR15 mags, PM me

Barbara_Walters plays in the PSP
Barbara_Walters supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barbara_Walters helped look for balloons
Barbara_Walters is an NCPA player
Barbara_Walters has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
-Shoot
-Move
-Communicate

If youre not doing one of those at all times youre wrong.

Practice 30 breakouts, think of game plans, and don't be afraid to get hit in the tournament. People are capable of great things in tournaments but are too afraid to get hit, fortune favors the bold.
Barbara_Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:46 PM #18
VSportsGuy

Annual Supporting Member
VSportsGuy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VSportsGuy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
VSportsGuy supports DLX Technology
Shooting off the break can win you a lot of games in 3v3. The first kill is a huge advantage so if you can get it off the break, take it.

3v3 is a lot of 1 on 1's and individual gun battles.

Also, there's a much greater chance that either tape is open so it can be very easy to get down the sides of the fields. If there is a big snake, you can get in and crawl all the way down if there's no snake corner.

Keeping all of that in mind, this is how I like to play 3v3s:

-3 guns up on the break, every game.
-Take big, back bunkers off the break (usually the closest 3). This gets you in good gun battling/1v1 bunkers.
-If they take snake, you may need to counter by taking a snake side bunker, either the snake or the snake corner (I think snake corner is preferable). If you can stop their snake player's forward progress then he'll have to engage in gun battles out of the snake, which is exactly what you want.
-If you're in a 3 on 2 advantage, find out who doesn't have a gun on them, and have that person push the field.
-If you're in a 2 on 3 disadvantage, cross it up and let them push into your guns.
-If you're in a 1 on 2 disadvantage, gun battle aggressively. Live by your gun and bait someone into snap shooting with you. If you wait long enough, a good team will spread the field and pinch you out. Your goal is to get shot in the face, not in the back.

Last edited by VSportsGuy : 06-18-2014 at 01:49 PM.
VSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM #19
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
Already been stated, but have all three guns up with 2 shooting the same lane to try and eliminate one real fast. Move up when you can and pinch them out. If you fall behind in bodies, cross it up and keep communicating. In terms of bunkers, in 3-man tournaments I never go snake, I stay at the center 50 X with shots on both sides and angles that keep me from getting shot with ease.
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 PM #20
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was thinking it may be a good idea to wait until right before the starting buzzer sounds so you can see what direction they are planning on running. In a 3 man, unless someone runs up the middle, two men have to run in the same direction. If you can figure out where two guys are running, you can concentrate your lanes in that direction to attempt to take out two off the break.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 AM #21
The Rainman

The Rainman is playing at Living Legends VII
The Rainman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The Rainman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Rainman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
snake FTW!!!

Dynasty Waffle Milled LV1
Russian Legion Spire
68/4500 crossfire tank

Stormtrooper Axe
Red Cloth Rotor