Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 AM #1
Cabbagepatchkid

Communication

Is there anything a newer team of players can practice communication? Does it all come from experience or is there a trick that we don't know?
Cabbagepatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2016, 12:16 PM #2
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
 is playing at Dead Legends
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Ninja Paintball
safariguy5 supports Empire
One thing I learned in a Greg Siewers Pro clinic is the Amigo Drill.

Play 5v5 or 4v4, and break out as usual. Each team cannot move from their initial bunker until they have a body advantage and they have communicated where the remaining players are. Then someone can yell Amigo and they can move.

The penalty for moving without amigo is getting pulled.
Infinite Resistance #21

YPBF Anno'd CS1 for Sale
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:00 PM #3
C0lin
-KP3 Owners club-

Annual Supporting Member
C0lin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
C0lin plays in the APPA beginner division
C0lin supports Ninja Paintball
Try not to only call stuff out, but actually make an effort to hold a small conversation with your teamates. For example, don't just say "D1", say "D1 shooting tape". Let your teammates know what you are shooting at so you don't have 2 guns on the same zone.
C0lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:24 AM #4
bhsp8ntballer07
Big Jeff

has been a member for 10 years
bhsp8ntballer07 is an NCPA player
bhsp8ntballer07 plays in the APPA D5 division
bhsp8ntballer07 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
bhsp8ntballer07 is Legendary
Ive found that for me playing pickup games or with players you are not familiar with helps with general communication skills. Not a bad way to make yourself talk and get communication flowing. I agree you want to have more of a conversation, than just bunker call outs. Those are important too, but being on the same page with teammates is key. I like using the "What do we got" or similar call out to help get communication flowing if things goes quiet. Having a system of call outs that are quick and concise that everyone knows is also helpful. Teams I have played on in the past have used quick call outs like (lebron, kobe, matt damon) to indicate opponents being in key bunkers on the field. I definitely recommend taking a minute or two to talk about games afterwards to help breakdown what happened, where eliminations came from and such. It can help a team get on the same page, and better understand how a layout plays, and what information to call out.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:48 AM #5
Collie Runner

Collie Runner has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Collie Runner supports Ninja Paintball
I'll have to put some of this info to use.
Collie Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:05 PM #6
dude1it
Christopher

has been a member for 10 years
dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
DRILL
We used to have someone let the game go for however long they felt necessary...at that point, the person would blow the horn to stop the game and everyone had to stay where they were (or were going if mid run) and not look out from behind their bunker. An individual on each side of the field (multiple lines) would then go to each player and ask where the other players on the field were. We'd then analyze why players did not know positions or k counts and work to improve.

But, much like mentioned above, it's more than just knowing where players are. It's having a conversation with the players within earshot, who should then be having a conversation with other players within earshot of them. Setting up timing and lanes to allow you to move or visa versa. Just talk...if you're sitting there getting a ton of heat, start talking a little more heavily with your front or back player. You want to come out informed.

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:29 PM #7
Hounds33

Hounds33 supports DLX Technology
Hounds33 supports Shocker RSX
Hounds33 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0lin View Post
Try not to only call stuff out, but actually make an effort to hold a small conversation with your teamates. For example, don't just say "D1", say "D1 shooting tape". Let your teammates know what you are shooting at so you don't have 2 guns on the same zone.
This. Telling your front or back player on your side of the field what you see is key. If you are playing back on snake player, let him know "S1 is posted waiting for you", "D2 is looking inside" , "stay low, home is putting a lane on you", "You're clear, bump". If you're a snake player, let your back know what you see also or ask him what he sees. If you're at the 50 I'd advise to just listen as your home player should be giving you information and not talking, as someone could be on the other side of the 50.
Hounds33 is offline   Reply With Quote