PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-02-2014, 06:28 PM #1
SPShockA9
The Timô

Getting Back into the GAME!!

Played paintball since 9 years old. Played a lot of rec ball. Did a couple tourneys at age 14-15. I owned a red shocker that I enjoyed. Had to quit to take soccer more seriously and for financial reasons. I played a front player in soccer because of my speed and very quick acceleration. Sliding in paintball has always come naturally to me since soccer.. slide tackles.

Now:
- 22 years old. Part time student. No connections to any paintball friends.
- 6'0 - 170 pounds - Barely any body fat. I work out 4 times a week and run twice a week.
- Interested in playing tournament ball again. Around 600 that I am willing to spend on a gun.
- This will be a hobby. I'm not trying to go pro.

My questions:
1. What would be a smarter move for me? Buying a used gun like an ego 11, DM (10+) OR buying a new mid-high end marker for around the same price?

2. Should I buy a new mid-high end marker for that price to use during the walk-on games i'll be attending for fun/practice until I can get a team and then sell that gun, for a better high end marker?

3. Should I wait until after the World Cup to buy a gun because it'll be cheaper? Will it be cheaper?

4. Am I too big now to play as a front player?
Animosity #9

Feedback
SPShockA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 PM #2
Tears
Brokenbuyer*

Tears helped look for balloons
Tears supports Team VICIOUS
Tears supports Empire
Used gun.

Buy a gun you like and want to keep, then stick with it or switch once you know what you like.

Don't wait. Buy it now so you can get playing. There are deals to be had... constant looking, negotiating, and a bit of luck.

Snake might not be for your size... maybe look into D side. But get some play time and see what YOU like best.

Paintball Hunter
Let me Spend the Time to Find the Gear YOU Want!

Agg is in aggression.
Brokenbuyer: 24/0/0
Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM #3
Snodpops
Shambala

Good advice Tears.

Last edited by Snodpops : 09-13-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Snodpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 AM #4
applejacks!

Annual Supporting Member
applejacks! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
applejacks! supports Team VICIOUS
I would highly recommend the Geo2.1, mine shoots like an absolute dream. Great shooter, you get the Planet Eclipse Reliability, but its silent and smooth. You can find one for cheap on here these days, probably about $400. Might want to wait til just before cup, when people are selling stuff to get "quick cash", or after cup theres always a good chance of prices dropping with new stuff coming out.
Untouchables#15
velocityiowa.com
Even when you can't see him God is with you
MIDWEST
applejacks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:46 PM #5
macdevallday

macdevallday has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
macdevallday has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
macdevallday is attending Decay of Nations VII
Buy a axe if you haven't bought a marker yet. I personally don't own one I own a clone gti. But I wouldn't buy anything that high end save the money buy a axe they are worth the cash. Then maybe upgrade if you find a team and have extra cash laying around. Number one thing that bothers Me is people saying what they shoot. Your gun font make you play better it's mostly the player. So just buy what ever then pay for your preferences later.
macdevallday is offline   Reply With Quote