Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:20 PM #1
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fulnix is an NCPA player
Question Mid-Tournament Recock issue????

Ok today UW-W played the IL open and a weired thing happend to me. The Omen was working flawlessly for the first part of the day then decided to have recock prblems (3 ball string then no recock). At first I just thought my setttings had to be readjusted so I tried resetting them. Same promlem 3-7 string burst then would not recock. Now eventuly the problem was fixed but I'm not sure what fixed it. I relubed the hammer, and filled my tank pressure was below 1000psi on a PMI Pure energy. Now if it was just lube what lub do you suggest I use, I'm currently using a PMI gun oil should I go to Dow 33? Also usualy I use a Centerflag Hyper Flow, could it be that the PMI tank just could not keep the flow up at under 1000psi? The only other thing that it might have been was that the bumper has 4 cracks on it that go more than half way though it? Just want to know so I can avoid this in future tournaments. Thanks

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2003, 10:40 PM #2
snipers002
A1C

how hot was it outside? maybe the bolt started swelling and had trouble recocking.

feedback
feedback #2
ego fs(pics)
Old 09-13-2003, 11:07 PM #3
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
robinsucks is a Supporting Member
robinsucks is a founding member
robinsucks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robinsucks supports our troops
robinsucks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
robinsucks is a Forum Captain
Or there's a good chance that your gauge on your tank is no longer accurate. You could have easily been at 400 psi.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:26 PM #4
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Or, since its a PMI tank which was prolly high pressure, it just wasn't recharging fast enough since you were just barely above the output pressure... some regs will starve a little when the pressure differential is below a certain threshold. I'm thinking lubing isn't what fixed your problem... but you fixed it simply by filling the tank up.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:36 AM #5
Kiwi R1c
The Down-under Pb player

So...The moral of the story is to keep your HP tank above 1000 if operating an omen? I use a 3k/88 PMI/PE, Any of you omen owners have a guestimate on how many shots that will do? I hear the omen is pretty conservative, its one of the reasons I picked it over an impy or bushy.
--------------------------
My feed back http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168746
Old 09-14-2003, 07:23 AM #6
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
I've drained my cross fire to 200 psi before the velocity and recock were affected....But the croosfire is a e better tank...

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:50 AM #7
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

So I should get a crossfire instead of a PE tank? I've been lookin at tanks and was going to get a PE but if you say the crossfire is better, i'll get that.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-14-2003, 07:54 AM #8
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Not to Diss the PMI tanks, but the crossfire tanks have a much better recharge rate, higher flow, and for a Pre-set, they keep their out put very consistant.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:40 PM #9
fulnix

fulnix is an NCPA player
Ok as to bolt swelling I don't think this was the issue. It was however about 80 with high humidity if that makes a differance. I don't think it was the tank fill cause this happend right after I had given my gun to one of my guys to fill the tank.
After thinking about it I didn't reset my velocity and recock after filling. Could that be the problem. Cause After going through that tank I filled again before our last game and reset Velocity and recock settings and it was fine.
If it was a combo of not resettting my velocity and recock after the PMI tank was filled. Will this same thing happen with the Centerflag tank that i usualy use? It's a Hyperflow 88/4500 adjustable set to ~400psi.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:41 PM #10
fulnix

fulnix is an NCPA player
Oh yea the guy that filled it only filled the PMI tank to 3000psi instead of 4500psi? That shouldn't make a differance but would it have on the PMI tank?

Old 09-14-2003, 06:01 PM #11
Huge

Well all tanks and I mean every one of them will have a variance in output from being fully filled to being near empty. Even the best tanks out there will have about a 5-10% variance in output pressure over the spectrum of pressure in the tank. So it's not a bad idea to reset your velocity and recock pressure every now and then... Also when setting recock pressure, you should always set it a little higher than needed, to help account for the pressure drop when your tank gets lower in psi.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:28 PM #12
DaCow

Turn the recock up a 1/4 turn.

The Omen starts to sputter (at least mine does) right in around 1000psi (on PE tanks...like mine) when the recock is set low(ish). In practice this is usually fine, and has the added benefit of preserving those bumpers well past their average life...but if you need to run the tank right down, give it another 1/4 turn over what you'd normally set the recock to.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:18 PM #13
joerocket

no recock

mine started doing that this weekend. i would adjust it then it would stop recocking. i think the recock screw was backing out from the vibration. so i put threadlock on it and am hoping that fixes it. i read that in another thread.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:30 AM #14
fulnix

fulnix is an NCPA player
Well we have practice this Sun so I'll update on how the Center Flag does compared to the PMI Pure Energy 68/4500 set at ~850. I will be using a Center Flag Hyperflow 88/4500 @~400psi output. Does that sound good or do you think I should set the CF thank higher. I don't think the low setting should be a problem since the reg is one of the higher flowing regs on the market(same as used on the Matrix)

Old 09-16-2003, 01:05 AM #15
Huge

Sounds like a good plan... I would advise testing it out thoroughly though to make sure you don't get any shootdown. Good luck man, make us proud