MIDWESTHIPPO117 helped look for balloons
MIDWESTHIPPO117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
have to spend money to make money....
you have to make it to spend it bro

GREEN DRAGON PAINTBALL

i now own a 2012 custom bob long "superman" g6r and lots of other crap

dude, i just ran up on that guy and long'd him with my custom spyder luxe.... it was crazy
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM #758
go getta
Extortion

Quote:
Whens the last time you were here?

280 is the nicest indoor field in the state.
The carpet is great.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:47 PM #759
CoronaBeerMan
destroy...

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
While that is VERY true, I'd like to say that 280 has jumped leaps and bounds since they've opened. 280 has already addressed your comments, and believe me they listen to their customers. Your comparison of other indoor fields is some what unfair, this field is not located in MI, nor does it have drains at the moment. 280 is doing the best they can for what they have, and what their financials are allowing for at the moment. I mean you could have went and played at Rampage yesterday, but it was also 20 degrees out....
Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM #760
big EB

big EB plays in the PSP
big EB supports Team VICIOUS
big EB plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
280 has only been opened, what, maybe 6 months? They are not going to have every amenity possible as soon as it opens. Things get fixed and added as the field gets more business.

The guys running the field are great and they are trying to do what the players want. The last issue was that the staging area was to slick, and it was fixed. They responded saying that they are going to look into the issue. Just give it time. Until then, get as many people as you can out there and lets have a great winter of paintball.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 PM #761
sdAFTERMATHsd
MWMWMW

sdAFTERMATHsd plays in the PSP
sdAFTERMATHsd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sdAFTERMATHsd plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
you my friend are an idiot
Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 AM #762
MIDWESTHIPPO117
HIPPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdAFTERMATHsd View Post
you my friend are an idiot
lets not call people names(its bad for business)

GREEN DRAGON PAINTBALL

dude, i just ran up on that guy and long'd him with my custom spyder luxe.... it was crazy
Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM #763
dyepballer07 V.2
welcome to chairadise

dyepballer07 V.2 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
no its not....its pretty slick and just nasty. maybe if you guys washed if off every now and then it might be better
What kind of shoes are you wearing? Pick up some golf cleats and you'll be good. I thought the carpet gripped really well actually.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM #764
HDangeruss
TK's Wayward Son

HDangeruss helped look for balloons
HDangeruss supports Empire
Or roll Wacky Warriors style and curl your bare toes down into that stuff.

Everyday Strangers rock my world.

Do you need a banana?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:56 PM #765
grumpy.old.man

grumpy.old.man donated to help Peyton Trent
grumpy.old.man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
grumpy.old.man supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
no its not....its pretty slick and just nasty. maybe if you guys washed if off every now and then it might be better
Buck, not sure what beef you have with 280 that is bringing out the hostility. You should really try to come out and play a little there before passing judgement.

We have played all over the midwest, and I can honestly say these are the best owners I have ever seen when it comes to trying to cater to the players. They sink every penny the field generates right back into improvements. They have helped a couple local teams with some sponsorship stuff in exchange for donated labor.

Come get to know these guys and I think you will be impressed with the family feeling that has developed with 280, Tremor, and Extortion. We have all come together to try to bring an affordable and enjoyable experience to the KC paintball scene.

I am thankful everyday that these guys opened this place and have been so great to work with. Especially the days when it's 20 degrees!!

Justin
Old 12-15-2009, 08:28 PM #766
BillyBob79

As you may be able to see from my signature, my team is sponsored by another local field so my opinion is completely unbiased on 280. I'd like to say that what they're trying to do out there is great and the improvements that I've seen since it first opened have been leaps and bounds above what some other fields have even attempted.

280 started as a spool and barrel field. They asked the players (their paying customers) what they wanted to see. The players resoundingly responded with "AIRBALL!" The air ball started out small but they did the best they probably could. Then they were still asking what the players wanted and the response was "Bigger Airball!" They went a step further and added more airball bunkers and the sports carpet. They could have not done anything and just tried sucking all the money they could have out of the players.

If you have a complaint about the field that you would like to see changed all you have to do is be respectful and polite when asking for the change. The owner, Will (I believe that's his name), will take it into consideration and if enough people complain I'm sure he'll do his best to remedy the situation in a timely manner.

Keep up the good work 280.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 PM #767
MIDWESTHIPPO117
HIPPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob79 View Post
As you may be able to see from my signature, my team is sponsored by another local field so my opinion is completely unbiased on 280. I'd like to say that what they're trying to do out there is great and the improvements that I've seen since it first opened have been leaps and bounds above what some other fields have even attempted.

280 started as a spool and barrel field. They asked the players (their paying customers) what they wanted to see. The players resoundingly responded with "AIRBALL!" The air ball started out small but they did the best they probably could. Then they were still asking what the players wanted and the response was "Bigger Airball!" They went a step further and added more airball bunkers and the sports carpet. They could have not done anything and just tried sucking all the money they could have out of the players.

If you have a complaint about the field that you would like to see changed all you have to do is be respectful and polite when asking for the change. The owner, J.T (I believe that's his name), will take it into consideration and if enough people complain I'm sure he'll do his best to remedy the situation in a timely manner.

Keep up the good work 280.
fixed

GREEN DRAGON PAINTBALL

Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM #768
MIDWESTHIPPO117
HIPPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepballer07 V.2 View Post
What kind of shoes are you wearing? Pick up some golf cleats and you'll be good. I thought the carpet gripped really well actually.
i was wearing my skate shoes and it was fine

GREEN DRAGON PAINTBALL

Old 12-16-2009, 08:55 AM #769
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy.old.man View Post
Buck, not sure what beef you have with 280 that is bringing out the hostility. You should really try to come out and play a little there before passing judgement.

We have played all over the midwest, and I can honestly say these are the best owners I have ever seen when it comes to trying to cater to the players. They sink every penny the field generates right back into improvements. They have helped a couple local teams with some sponsorship stuff in exchange for donated labor.

Come get to know these guys and I think you will be impressed with the family feeling that has developed with 280, Tremor, and Extortion. We have all come together to try to bring an affordable and enjoyable experience to the KC paintball scene.

I am thankful everyday that these guys opened this place and have been so great to work with. Especially the days when it's 20 degrees!!

Justin
I was there on sunday. And there is no beef. Just trying to help out
Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 PM #770
Reagan C. Waters
Park Director

Reagan C. Waters supports Team VICIOUS
Reagan C. Waters has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Boys lets play nice (Corona!) It's frustrating for us when it's cold outside and we can't open in the winter, but not all of us have the oppertunity to open an indoor. Buck didn't mean anything negitive with his posts, just like when I get busy and type straight to my point. He's just trying to be helpful and came across wrong - happens to the best of us!

Buck (Rampage / UnderAchievers) has been super excited to bring his team down to play at 280 - we've been talking about it for months now (it's a long drive for them!). I'm sure that they had a great time last Sunday and were impressed by your great attitiudes that you guys always show me and my boys

280 is a great place to play! Has pretty decent sponsored tournament teams (when they are there... Justin!) And the owners/staff rOcK and are always trying to do their best to accomate all players! We have NEVER had a bad time there, everyone has been great, and I will always tell people to come and play here!

And I of course am definatly not bias towards 280 so you can take my word also-
RA <3s our sponsors - Thank you DZ & Kee Actions Sports!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM #771
nanner666
just numbers people

does anyone have any good pics of the field and its bunker layout? the ones on the web site im sure do not do this field justice.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:29 PM #772
CoronaBeerMan
destroy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanner666 View Post
does anyone have any good pics of the field and its bunker layout? the ones on the web site im sure do not do this field justice.
I know they have some, I'm sure ryan will post some soon. I'm pretty sure they're in the process of overhauling the entire website so check back every now and then lol
Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 PM #773
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

wasnt there some on the 1st of 2nd page of this thread?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:55 PM #774
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

edit- must of been another thread
Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM #775
MIDWESTHIPPO117
HIPPO

its later in the thread

GREEN DRAGON PAINTBALL

Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 PM #776
dyepballer07 V.2
welcome to chairadise

dyepballer07 V.2 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I'll see you ladies sunday.

it's been awhile.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 PM #777
grumpy.old.man

grumpy.old.man donated to help Peyton Trent
grumpy.old.man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
grumpy.old.man supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepballer07 V.2 View Post
I'll see you ladies sunday.

it's been awhile.
Anybody remember this guy? Been so long we may not recognize him!!
Closed Thread