Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM #190
dec7td
Livin' the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepballer07 V.dgaf View Post
There are rumors that the PSP is going to switch to 12bps. That may be why it's at 12.
There are also rumors that Branjelina might be having an alien child. I think in an event geared towards beginners you play by the "beginner rules" that are in place right now, not how they are rumored to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280paintball View Post
No need to worry, we will not allow team stacking. It will be fair.
It's inherent to the definition of the term random that you have no control over the team selection. I don't know how you can garauntee that there won't be stacked teams. I say let people choose teams so these beginners can learn by 1) getting beat by better teams and 2) by learning to communicate with the people they'll be playing tournaments with.

Contact me via email (not PM):

danclark.mst (at) gmail (dot) com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 PM #191
280paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec7td View Post
There are also rumors that Branjelina might be having an alien child. I think in an event geared towards beginners you play by the "beginner rules" that are in place right now, not how they are rumored to be.

It's inherent to the definition of the term random that you have no control over the team selection. I don't know how you can garauntee that there won't be stacked teams. I say let people choose teams so these beginners can learn by 1) getting beat by better teams and 2) by learning to communicate with the people they'll be playing tournaments with.
No stacking, meaning two people with ego's will not be playing with two people with spyders. The teams are random to a point, an A list with be pared with a B list. This is a Friday night series designed for everyone.

Indoor and Outdoor Paintball
Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 PM #192
big EB

big EB plays in the PSP
big EB supports Team VICIOUS
big EB plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

This is for fun on a Friday night, cheap entry and cheap paint. You can show up by yourself to play and have fun. This is also a chance for new players to get involved in tournaments when they may not have other players to form a team with.

They haven't even started the series yet. Maybe random was the wrong wording for it. But I'm sure that they have already thought about how to keep it competitive and fun for everyone.

As for 12 bps, this is something that I'm sure that they have thought long and hard about. Once again, making it fun and competitive for everyone.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 PM #193
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
No stacking, meaning two people with ego's will not be playing with two people with spyders. The teams are random to a point, an A list with be pared with a B list. This is a Friday night series designed for everyone.
So if I play with a Spyder I can play with someone that shoots an EGO?

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
Old 08-05-2009, 05:11 PM #194
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by big EB View Post

As for 12 bps, this is something that I'm sure that they have thought long and hard about. Once again, making it fun and competitive for everyone.
What if my Spyder does not shoot that fast?

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 08-05-2009, 05:11 PM #195
280paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
Correct, the teams will be balanced the best they can. As I said an A list, and a B list.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM #196
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Correct, the teams will be balanced the best they can.
Just an idea to try and help out.

You might want to look at doing a hat with names that play Regional and National events and another hat with players that do not have any event exp or just small local.

As if you take me with a spyder and logan with a geo it would still not be very fair.

Just trying to help out as we have doen this before and these are some of the things that came up.

G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM #197
dec7td
Livin' the Dream

Quote:
No stacking, meaning two people with ego's will not be playing with two people with spyders.
It's naive to think that better guns make better players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big EB View Post
As for 12 bps, this is something that I'm sure that they have thought long and hard about.
Can the owner please verify this claim? It seems like grumpy.old.man is making these decisions whom, I believe, is just the captian of Extortion

Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 PM #198
dec7td
Livin' the Dream

Quote:
Just an idea to try and help out.

You might want to look at doing a hat with names that play Regional and National events and another hat with players that do not have any event exp or just small local.

As if you take me with a spyder and logan with a geo it would still not be very fair.

Just trying to help out as we have doen this before and these are some of the things that came up.
Truth

Old 08-05-2009, 05:51 PM #199
280paintball

Quote:
It's naive to think that better guns make better players.

Can the owner please verify this claim? It seems like grumpy.old.man is making these decisions whom, I believe, is just the captian of Extortion
I never said the gun makes the player, it is however naive to think it doesn't help. If an 8 year old shows up with an Ego, that doesn't mean his name is dropped in the A list.

For now the bps is set to 12, it's what everyone seems to enjoy shooting at the field. I may drop the rate to 10, I'm still going over a few things atm. This information was released last night at 9:58, things are subject to change.

Last edited by 280paintball : 08-05-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM #200
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
I may drop the rate to 10, I'm still going over a few things atm. This information was released last night at 9:58, things are subject to change.
We will be doing alot of 10 bps events for beginners or fun type events as the players with non electro markers still can some what keep up with the 10bps.

G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 08-05-2009, 07:33 PM #201
x Lastoutlaw X

x Lastoutlaw X supports Cereal Killerz 2
x Lastoutlaw X owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x Lastoutlaw X supports Team VICIOUS
x Lastoutlaw X has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
My vote would be for 10 so I dont have to change my Rof cap to 12 every friday, then 10 on sunday.

blv
Old 08-05-2009, 07:35 PM #202
dec7td
Livin' the Dream

Quote:
I never said the gun makes the player, it is however naive to think it doesn't help.
Fair enough, but when you watch Total Grief stomp all the Ego/DM shooting teams in a 7-man tournament you might change your opinion.

All I'm trying to say here is that I think you'd be better off leaving the team rosters to the players and/or dividing them completely into two categories as GP and Nanner have suggested. Introducing such a subjective term as "good players" and then deciding teams based on that will only leave room for dissent; especially when prizes are involved.

Last edited by dec7td : 08-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM #203
HPK
High Performance Killer

Quote:
Fair enough, but when you watch Total Grief stomp all the Ego/DM shooting teams in a 7-man tournament you might change your opinion.
easy.... this day in age it is too hard to do str8 semi, at least ramp keeps it fairly even gun wise......... but the real ? is..... who will be reffing the event and what points do they get if they do ref it. and will it b the same people reffing each week.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 PM #204
280paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPK View Post
easy.... this day in age it is too hard to do str8 semi, at least ramp keeps it fairly even gun wise......... but the real ? is..... who will be reffing the event and what points do they get if they do ref it. and will it b the same people reffing each week.
I would never allow any of my staff to play the same event they ref. I posted that staff is not allowed to play in this event.

Quote:
This is not a 7 man, and Total Grief is not playing. This is an event for local people who would like to play paintball Friday night. Four event series, changing teams, points awarded for just showing up, low cost, and prizes.

Last edited by 280paintball : 08-05-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 PM #205
MIDWESTHIPPO117
HIPPO

MIDWESTHIPPO117 helped look for balloons
MIDWESTHIPPO117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im about to die waiting

GREEN DRAGON PAINTBALL

i now own a 2012 custom bob long "superman" g6r and lots of other crap

dude, i just ran up on that guy and long'd him with my custom spyder luxe.... it was crazy
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM #206
HPK
High Performance Killer

i wasn't questioning your "moralities" on letting your peeps play the event, merely asking who was reffing it. i thought maybe since justin started the thread extortion was reffing. so is it employees or an actual tourney team reffin?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM #207
grumpy.old.man

grumpy.old.man donated to help Peyton Trent
grumpy.old.man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
grumpy.old.man supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
You can play with me Greg!! Wouldn't that be a sight.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 PM #208
HPK
High Performance Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy.old.man View Post
You can play with me Greg!! Wouldn't that be a sight.
that would b 2 BIG guys out there living behind thier guns in the middle of nowhere lol
Old 08-05-2009, 09:38 PM #209
grumpy.old.man

Quote:
i wasn't questioning your "moralities" on letting your peeps play the event, merely asking who was reffing it. i thought maybe since justin started the thread extortion was reffing. so is it employees or an actual tourney team reffin?
Roy. My kids will be reffing. They will NOT be playing. The only way one of them hits the field is if there is an odd number of players. You guys all know me well, and I will do everything possible to keep teams even and make it fun.

As far as experience, we have already discussed how the teams will and will not be put together. 'Random' was my word. I honestly hadn't thought of the two hat idea, but I like it. I am just afraid one hat will have a lot more in it than the other. In that case, I will try to make the teams as even as possible. We all know it wouldn't be fair to let Logan and Tyler be on a team together. The Tippman kids would bonus-ball them all night!!lol

Seriously though, I will see to it that they are fair.

dec7td, you seem to have an issue with the rof cap. 12 is what the field decided to do from the time they opened. I never thought twice about putting 12 as the cap for this series. If the majority would like 10, then I have no problem with that. Just so you know, JT (280paintball) is the owner. I, Justin, (grumpy.old.man) am the director for the tourneys. Either one of us can answer any questions you have.

Keep the ideas coming. The purpose of this is to make it FUN for all. We welcome all input.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 PM #210
grumpy.old.man

Quote:
that would b 2 BIG guys out there living behind thier guns in the middle of nowhere lol
And shooting you coming down the middle!!!lol
Closed Thread