Old 02-08-2015, 07:06 PM #1
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Shocker Pie frames (at last!)

Hello Shocker people! I know you guys love my updates so some of you will be very happy with this one!!

New frames on the horizon.

These frames are a major departure from the frames made by Smart Parts. The design is drastically altered, but the frames still use all stock/OEM Shocker parts like triggers, grips, and lower boards. The frames are based on the Nummech VL design but with some special enhancements specifically for Shocker/Nerve parts.

There are some compatibility issues with older Shocker SFT parts. I'm working on a list to show all the items that can be used. Hold tight!

In terms of the overall shape, Dark Shocker SFT frames are probably the closest OEM frame to these new ones. They have an ergonomic shape on the rear spine, but not as pronounced as a Tonton SFT frame. However, my Pie frames have a MUCH thinner distance around the thumb-webbing area. This is where the design changes really come into play.

I realize it's a little "late in the game" for releasing a new aftermarket upgrade, but I've wanted to see this project finished ever since I first created it. These frames were one of the first products I designed during the formation of the company which would become Nummech Products in 2009. But the frames never went into production because the original design was too costly to fabricate.
Skipping ahead to present day, I've been steadily working on adjusting the design to the point where the frames are now a viable item and everyone can enjoy them!!

So the bottomline is these frames will make a nice addition to any project marker, or be useful if you're looking for an upgrade to revitalize a Shocker/Nerve you already have. The frame has some future-proofing aspects that make life easy.

They're not quite done yet, I'm still working on the final details. But they will be available in a few weeks!
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2015, 07:27 PM #2
SPAWNOFSATAN

SPAWNOFSATAN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SPAWNOFSATAN supports Team VICIOUS
SPAWNOFSATAN supports DLX Technology
nice... do you have any sft eye covers?
Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 PM #3
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
I do indeed they're black anodized. I also have raw silver ones.

Another picture of the raw frame:

Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 02-08-2015, 08:03 PM #4
Shooter28
PEACE

Shooter28 plays in the PSP
Shooter28 supports DLX Technology
Shooter28 supports Empire
Very nice work.

Put me down for one
ΞΞ

R.I.P.{HSP}
Gun Sale Thread | SHOCKER PARTS!!! | My gun collection | D00M.
Shooter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:51 PM #5
SPAWNOFSATAN

Does it come with trigger pin?
Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 PM #6
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
You know I'm getting one Andy!

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:10 AM #7
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Will these be compatible with the hybrid va's?
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:34 AM #8
Banil

Banil supports Empire
This looks interesting. May get one of these rather than the clamshell ones.

Amy idea of when they will be available to purchase?
Banil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:23 AM #9
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
I'm sure I'll be interested.
fishballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:30 AM #10
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Vertical adapter compatibility depends on whether it's a SFT body or NXT body. NXT bodies have more space so they seem to work with just about all the VAs out there. (although I haven't tested everything)
With the SFT bodies, some regulators might not fit due to the trigger guard. I'm going to go back and mill the trigger guards a little bit to help with this.
Unfortunately I don't have any Hybrid VAs to test (SFT or NXT version). I'll see about getting some dimensions.

All required screws and pins are included. The frame uses a longer trigger pin so SFT trigger pins won't work correctly. Board pins are the same, powerswitch actuator pins are the same. I chose to use these "old" SFT pins because they're off-the-shelf parts that will be available until the end of time.

Availability is a couple weeks from now (maybe March). As you can see the frames themselves are more or less done, but there's a few tiny details that need to be completed before they'll be ready to go. That stuff always takes a while the first time a batch of products is made.

The only downside here is limited color options. I know I'll have some in black gloss, some black dust, but not sure there will be any other colors right off the bat. Anodizing is expensive for other colors and I don't have a huge amount of frames available. It's risky to make too many of one item for a marker that has a "limited" population.
But I'll also have them available in raw in case you want to get it ano-matched on your own, or whatever you want..
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
Old 02-09-2015, 01:48 PM #11
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

L8r_H8r supports our troops
L8r_H8r supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
It's risky to make too many of one item for a marker that has a "limited" population.
You may be surprised...

Shocker Owners
L8r_H8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:29 PM #12
SPAWNOFSATAN

Want a few for sure
Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 PM #13
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
well, I should have clarified what I mean by "risky". These frames will be added to the list of items we(Nummech) produce, so they'll be available so long as people want them. However, I only made 30 for this initial batch. I will definitely make more when they run out, but I can't overextend on the number because there's a risk of them sitting on the shelf for literally years.

Really the problem isn't the shocker frame not being popular, the true issue is the time that is consumed by making the shocker part could have been spent making something that gets bought instantly (paintball or otherwise). We have a lot of stuff that sits around for a while, it's the nature of retail, nothing wrong with that...but it has to balance out with things that sell or else the bills don't get paid

In reference to anodizing, the vast majority of stuff we make ends up black anodized. We only do runs in other colors like 1-2 times per year. I would need to anodize about 20 frames in EACH color in order for it to be justifiable cost. It's just too many frames to produce at once.

It's possible that I could throw a frame in with another color when we spring for it, but that's basically random. I don't like to get people's hopes up since there's almost no pattern to it. bah!
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
Old 02-09-2015, 07:32 PM #14
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
hey these look familiar
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:35 PM #15
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
WELL HELL-****ING-O

still kinda buttscratchy about the milling lines on the frame, but it looks ergonomic as hell and the trigger guard looks delish as well as the snatch grip; those are 2 things most frames fail to execute cleanly.

Is there a way to make a run where the top of the snatch runs flush with the bottom/back of the bodies? Maybe in future frames?
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:50 PM #16
kool_aid22
#1 Hater

Annual Supporting Member
kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
these look great, im in for one
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:07 PM #17
darth p
Hooah

Annual Supporting Member
darth p has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Vurry exciting
Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 PM #18
LeperLord

LeperLord supports Empire
Sign me up for one. Money ready and waiting
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 PM #19
zzANGUISHzz
Bad Luck 13

Annual Supporting Member
zzANGUISHzz is BST Legit
zzANGUISHzz is playing at Living Legends VII
zzANGUISHzz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zzANGUISHzz posts videos on PbNation
zzANGUISHzz supports DLX Technology
zzANGUISHzz supports Empire
Pretty sure I have a couple bodies lying Around for these.
zzANGUISHzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:54 PM #20
Sparacis

I need this and my shocker BB'ed and I am all set
2003 Shocker hybrid SFT/NXT--Aluminum Eigen with Stinger V3 Can and Rhino XL Spring--NXT Frame w/ New Designz trigger, SS manifold & Ball detents--NXT Regulator--Max-Flo Micro 4500--Vitrue Redefined Board
Sparacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:30 PM #21
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Glad you bros are feeling positive I got some work done today which brings the frames closer to being done. Specifically I fixed the trigger guard to make it fit vertical regulators better, and started on the internal trigger stops.

Benjo all the stuff you mentioned is just cosmetics to make the frame look different and more noticeable. You were right that the frame is a little taller than the stock frames. I put the ball-rounded grooves there to break up the monotony a little bit.

I have an ulterior motive with the snatchgrip. It was laid out that way first to make the gun look different, but also to make the frame match a Slug-based Shocker body better. They don't use solenoid inserts so the area around the body bore is empty. Which reminds me, I need to update the Slug body thread..

In answer to your original question yes all that stuff is cosmetics that can be omitted if/when more frames are made. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I can't wait to see the frames when they come back from anodizing. Black covers up a lot of details.
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus