Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2014, 02:44 PM #1
quickpickWM

Alright Shocker Experts, Come here Please!

Alright so I was about to upgrade to a Impulse/Geo3 but I decided since I don't really have the funds, I'd rather just upgrade what I already have to being the gun I want.

Right now it's pretty much a stock NXT Shocker with a Critical S Trigger (dust red).

I just ordered an eigenbolt and I'm about to order the pooty bolt guide + the 15 degree NDZ Vertical ASA Adapter (look before, important question before I purchase it).

Up next is the POPS Asa from Planet eclipse (dust red) since it looks pretty cool in person and it gets the job done. Also want to keep the macroline away from the sides.

What else should I do to get this marker firing like a beast and looking as sexy as a Geo3? Eventually I'll upgrade the ASA itself but for right now the stock regulator gets the job done from what I've heard.

I'm running a dura 77/48 Ninja tank and the theme I'm going for a Dust black/ dust red.

Alright so about the vertical ASA adapter. I want that look on my shocker that puts the regulator at an angle from the rest of the frame so I have more room for my grip.

So is this what I am looking for?
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2014, 03:31 PM #2
hddndrgn35

Need the adaptor rail to use the pops asa on the shocker frame if I am not mistaken. You can get a hybrid angled va but good luck finding one. I guess the ndz is the way to go for the angled va. Dont think you need a pooty bolt guide to use with the eigen bolt. Just save sime money for other upgrades and buy any other stock bolt guide. Use the extra money on a board.
hddndrgn35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:11 PM #3
quickpickWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddndrgn35 View Post
Need the adaptor rail to use the pops asa on the shocker frame if I am not mistaken. You can get a hybrid angled va but good luck finding one. I guess the ndz is the way to go for the angled va. Dont think you need a pooty bolt guide to use with the eigen bolt. Just save sime money for other upgrades and buy any other stock bolt guide. Use the extra money on a board.
I bought the POPS asa with the rail, but it comes off the rail as well and can slip on the asa rail on the shocker I think. I went with the pooty bolt guide since it was supposedly lighter.

I should have stated this in the OP but I want to make this marker as light as possible but as smooth and efficient as possible. Looking into getting Delrin cans unless you guys can advise something better.

Is the hybrid angled va better than the ndz?

Also why is upgrading the board a good idea? I usually use semi or the second rebound setting on it.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:08 PM #4
hddndrgn35

I hardly took weight into account with my shockers. Lol. ..I think the ndz abd hybrid vs works the same. I just like the look of the hybrid va. Delrin is lighter but from what I was told. ..n not that stable in hot weather. Dint really know because I use the aluminum ones. How you get the pops to fit the shocker frame? My pop asa has a t rail and I need an adaptor unless I am getting something mixed up here. Sounds like you have a nice project going on here. Wish you luck.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:52 PM #5
quickpickWM

http://www.ansgear.com/ProductDetail...NETPOPSASADRED

Say's it comes with a mini rail. Pretty sure all I'll have to do is install it under the grip. I'll keep you updated see if it works. Are your shockers relatively heavy? Reason being is because after using other peoples markers, the one thing I loved was the light weight of their markers.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:48 PM #6
kool_aid22
#1 Hater

Annual Supporting Member
kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
idk if the NDZ VAs fit nxt bodies, it has two little ridges on each side that fit only stock SFT bodies, havent tried on NXT but most PL SFTs dont fit with that VA. you can probably find a cheaper POPs in the b/s/t instead of $70...NXTs are slightly heavier than SFT shockers
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:27 PM #7
hddndrgn35

Lol. ...the guy above knows more than me. .
Old 11-03-2014, 08:24 PM #8
quickpickWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddndrgn35 View Post
Lol. ...the guy above knows more than me. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_aid22 View Post
idk if the NDZ VAs fit nxt bodies, it has two little ridges on each side that fit only stock SFT bodies, havent tried on NXT but most PL SFTs dont fit with that VA. you can probably find a cheaper POPs in the b/s/t instead of $70...NXTs are slightly heavier than SFT shockers
Yeah I probably should have checked there first. I'm probably going to go on a hunt for a decent price SFT body or Russian Legion body to make the gun lighter. I'll look for a VA that will be compatible later down the road.

Anything internally that I should change?
Old 11-04-2014, 08:18 AM #9
SPAWNOFSATAN

SPAWNOFSATAN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SPAWNOFSATAN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SPAWNOFSATAN supports Team VICIOUS
SPAWNOFSATAN supports DLX Technology
You should just stick to NXT va until you find hybrid 15 degrees
Try to use the older SFT firing can for eigen bolt more volume.
Pops ASA comes with rail.. empire should start selling the vanquish ASA.
Dye airport fit perfect on the NXT frame.
Get after marker board...

For lighter setup this is what I have..
SFT body I need to mill it for break beam eyes..(if anyone can pm pls..)
NXT Trigger frame
Hybride 15 Deg VA
AKA 2Liter Reg
Eigen Bolt
Pooty bolt guide
LP firing Can
Dye Air port
shocktech feedneck
Violent Trigger
Virtue board
Delrin bolt sleeve

Dwell I think is 8
Pressure is 120 I don't know if this is a real
Very smooth I love shooting this marker more than my Luxe.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:00 PM #10
forrest99
2spooky4u

Unless you want to indulge in some modification of the 15 degree va I'd stick with the stock nxt vasa. But if you want to chop that 15 degree va up pm me I've cut lots of them
forrest99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:56 PM #11
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
Let me save you the money and headache and suggest you don't buy a Pooty bolt guide. Keep the stock guide and run the Eigenbolt.

I also wouldn't buy a 15* VA unless you like the feel of it.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:46 PM #12
kool_aid22
#1 Hater

Annual Supporting Member
kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
Let me save you the money and headache and suggest you don't buy a Pooty bolt guide. Keep the stock guide and run the Eigenbolt.

all you'd have to do to make that ndz 15* VA fit any body is shave off the little ridges on each side, otherwise it wont sit flush

Last edited by kool_aid22 : 11-05-2014 at 02:50 PM.
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:09 PM #13
quickpickWM

Quote:

Already decided to go with the Pooty bolt guide since I felt it'd help making this marker a lighter set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_aid22 View Post
all you'd have to do to make that ndz 15* VA fit any body is shave off the little ridges on each side, otherwise it wont sit flush
I'm actually deciding against this. I'm going to go for a geo 3 look on my shocker. Buying a Violent SL3 Regulator and then I'm buying the lv1/geo3.1 red grips and going to mod them to fit my shocker. After all that is done, I'll send it in to get anodized to make the entire scheme come out as a nice Black on red unless I decide on another color scheme.

I'm more looking to the internals now. I'm thinking about getting the delrin sleeve and ndz cans if I can find any. What do you guys think?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:29 PM #14
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
It sounds like you'll have as much or more money in this Shocker than buying a used Geo 3, given their current market value. You also seem to have your mind made up on what you're putting into this marker, despite what others have recommended. In the end, this should be an interesting looking marker once it is all said and done.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:37 PM #15
quickpickWM

Quote:
It sounds like you'll have as much or more money in this Shocker than buying a used Geo 3, given their current market value. You also seem to have your mind made up on what you're putting into this marker, despite what others have recommended. In the end, this should be an interesting looking marker once it is all said and done.
My main concern was making the marker as efficient and light as possible. After seeing that I'd have to get it milled for the 15 degrees, I decided against that.

Internals are my main concern right now. What I don't want is an amazing looking marker with crappy performance. Definitely going to cost a lot to put all this together but I could fall in love with my shocker after its all done.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:34 PM #16
tacxplosion

If you're wanting performance change the NXT can for an SFT can, other than that you're pretty much set; remember to hand fit the o'rings.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:43 PM #17
quickpickWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
If you're wanting performance change the NXT can for an SFT can, other than that you're pretty much set; remember to hand fit the o'rings.
Thank you. I'll look into finding an sft can. Any idea where I can find someone to mill down the outer body to shave off weight?
Old 11-06-2014, 12:14 AM #18
tacxplosion

You could try Ydna once the shocker slugs come out.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:40 AM #19
quickpickWM

Hmm interesting. I could take one of these slug bodies and get it milled to my exact design?
Old 11-06-2014, 10:38 AM #20
tacxplosion

Don't see why not, if you have the $ and time.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:46 PM #21
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 plays in the APPA D4 division
you asked for shocker experts and you got fishballer. i seriously doubt anyone on these forums has handled as many shockers as he has. it would be wise to take some of his advice into consideration.

im going to agree with fish baller and suggest staying away from the pooty guide. yes it will offer a little more volume, however, the oring tolerances are hit or miss at best. in my opinion, save that money and invest in tons of orings so you can best fit your tolerances with the stock HE guide.

side note... with enough money, your shocker could look like whatever you want.

truthfully, all a shocker needs to perform at its best is:
eigenbolt w/ rhino spring
good barrel kit
aftermarket board
sft can.

after that, the rest is personal preference and comfort.

source: owned well over 100 shockers, with many of the recent ones shooting 10+ pods.