Community Focus

Old 04-03-2015, 04:25 PM #1
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
drhp is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
drhp owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Millennium mode on frenzy 5.20A is still not good. I did tell Zach Long this 2 years ago but hi just didn't want to believe me. I did movies back then to. So I was hoping someone that is closer to him or Bob sees this and could show and convince them to fix the problem. I want this because it stops the Blast markers to grow in Europe. People will not use them. I did a movie: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl0mfmptt3...%2040.mov?dl=0 (no sound try the clip again)

If you want to test this your self do like this. Put your Bob Long marker in millennium mode and 10.5 bps. Then fire the marker with just one finger (if you fire it without paint turn of the eyes). Now do the same with an other marker of an other brand and see the difference.
Any questions just ask and sorry for my bad English I'm from Sweden.
Micke
Edit: added two markers to the movie.

Last edited by drhp : 04-06-2015 at 05:23 AM.
drhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 PM #2
SilentSam

I have 3, 2 with 5.19BD and 1 with 5.20A and all three shot identically. There was no stutter and the oled always shoed 10bps while shooting with single finger. You may want to try re-flashing again.
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 AM #3
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
No it's not that it has to be reflashed. We have 10 in our team and all do the same. And they have done this since a bought my first G6r back in 2011.
Yes the screen shows 10, but it can also do that if you pull the trigger only 3 times at the right speed.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:49 AM #4
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
I added two more markers to the movie in the first post.
I post the same link here to. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl0mfmptt3...%2040.mov?dl=0
Old 04-04-2015, 07:22 AM #5
Carlos_Is_King

Carlos_Is_King has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I noticed the same thing with my Onslaught's millennium mode vs that of my Insight and Vcom that both have 5.1 boards.
Carlos_Is_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:35 AM #6
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Is_King View Post
I noticed the same thing with my Onslaught's millennium mode vs that of my Insight and Vcom that both have 5.1 boards.
This was the biggest problem with the older software. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4075119
Old 04-05-2015, 01:06 AM #7
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Latest news on this for now: I did a long shot and got the contact information to Bob Long. I did send a message directly to Bob him self and believe it or not but got this answer this "new mode fixed". Maybe Bob didn't got to know about the "bug" the last time I tried to get it fixed. So hopefully it will come a new software in the nearest days.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you Bob. IN BOB WE TRUST
And thanks to the rest that was helping me ( like you-paintball-friend.com, left-coast-paintball and many more)

Last edited by drhp : 04-05-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:35 PM #8
demiruyar
Turkish Baller

Is this problem fixed with the Onslaught?
demiruyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:22 PM #9
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by demiruyar View Post
Is this problem fixed with the Onslaught?
No. All boards with 5.20A and older has this problem.

My hopes is that they going to make so you can sett all the parameters yourself like Planet Eclipse or Luxe.

Last edited by drhp : 04-05-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:55 AM #10
demiruyar
Turkish Baller

That's a big let down! I just purchased my Onslaught without knowing this issue, our boards are usb updatable?
Old 04-06-2015, 03:21 AM #11
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
That's a big let down! I just purchased my Onslaught without knowing this issue, our boards are usb updatable?
No. Blast did not wanting people to update and stuff to the marker themselves (think it like a apple gun) :-)

But yes it's sad to see how Blast getting after when it comes to the board and software. They need to get into the year 2015. :-(
But you never know with Bob, maybe it's something in the pipe. ;-)

Last edited by drhp : 04-06-2015 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:38 AM #12
demiruyar
Turkish Baller

I'm really pissed right now, he should have fixed it 2 years ago. I wont be able to play the millennium series like this... On your video, not only it starts at the wrong time to ramp it's also not consistent and sound sluggish..
Old 04-06-2015, 06:49 AM #13
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I'm really pissed right now, he should have fixed it 2 years ago. I wont be able to play the millennium series like this... On your video, not only it starts at the wrong time to ramp it's also not consistent and sound sluggish..
If you are good at tapping the trigger with two fingers it's not going to be that big of a problem. :-)
But on the other hand if you have sent away the board for flashing the marker is useless. :-(
Old 04-06-2015, 09:15 AM #14
trance34
Sammiches

I played millennium on my VIS this weekend and it was horrible. Now i see why.
trance34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 AM #15
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

I was told my Onslaught was on "hold" due to BLAST waiting on boards........wonder if this has anything to do with it?
- Virtue - Built to win!
- HK ARMY - Keeping you fresHHHHHHH!
- Hardcore Sportz - HS Local 4 Life!
- Inception Designs - Innovation from inspiration.
- Indy Battlegroundz - Black Water City!
Ph4n7oM 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:05 PM #16
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
To clarify one of the misunderstandings: The problem is not if it's legal in Millennium because it is legal. The problem is that it is not ramping as it should. It ramps then it stops, then it ramp, then it stops and so on. You can't get a steady stream of paint.

Mike
Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 AM #17
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
To days update. After som writings with Bob. Bob wrote. "I know what you're talking about. I had it that way and planet eclipse called it illegal. So I went to the millennium and asked him to okay this. I know this is not fair but what else can I do? If I put the way planet eclipses they deem it is illegal and it's all in how you pull the trigger. Planet eclipse has three settings that can adjust that. If you put it on the number one setting it will shoot just like mine, but if it's on the three setting it'll shoot faster. I know what you're talking about but I can't afford to have these guns deemed illegal and the millennium it just a little bit harder to maintain a stream pulling with one finger. But I know what you're talking about"

I did send Bob this answer to this. "Ok I see what you mean. :-( But can't you make a software where the player can decide what settings to use. Like the Tadao settings where you set the fire mode and then max bps, ramp start in bps, shots before ramp and reset time... That way it's up to the player or what do you think?"

Because I think every other manufacturer is able to make a software that works so it can't be that impossible.

Last edited by drhp : 04-08-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:39 PM #18
@@@@a@@@@

when the vic gen 1 first came to the uk in 2009 they didn't have a millennium setting so to make it legal we did the following

1 - Green - Debounce
2 - Purple - Dwell
3 - Yellow - Loader delay
4 - Blue - AMB (anti-mechanical bounce)
5 - Red - ABS dwell
6 - White - Fire mode
7 - Teal - max rate of fire
8 - Flickering Green - Eye mode
9 - Flickering Purple - CPF (cycle percentage filter)
10 - Flickering Yellow - Ramp start
11 - Flickering Blue - Gangster mode
12 - Flickering Red - Bolt delay
13 - Flickering White - Training mode dwell

I have numbered them as on my board its not exactly easy to make out which colour is what! They all seem to have a slightly red/purple glow!

The First one to change is No. 6 - White - Fire Mode. To be Millenium compliant you need to select PSP 100% ramping 5. (this makes the first 3 shots semi auto)

Then change No. 7 - Teal - Max Rate Of Fire to level 2 (10.5bps), i left mine on level 1 (10bps) just to be safe.

The last one to change will be No. 10 - Flickering Yellow - Ramp start. This will be set at level 5 (5bps)

This should set your marker to Millenium ramping with a max rate of fire of 10.5bps with a kick in and sustain rate of 5bps after the first 3 shots being semi auto.

not sure if this helps at all but thought it was worth posting.
@@@@a@@@@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 PM #19
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Tadao boards, which came stock in earlier Vic's have more adjustability then the now in house frenzy board.

gamer565 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:58 PM #20
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by @@@@a@@@@ View Post
when the vic gen 1 first came to the uk in 2009 they didn't have a millennium setting so to make it legal we did the following 1 - Green - Debounce 2 - Purple - Dwell 3 - Yellow - Loader delay 4 - Blue - AMB (anti-mechanical bounce) 5 - Red - ABS dwell 6 - White - Fire mode 7 - Teal - max rate of fire 8 - Flickering Green - Eye mode 9 - Flickering Purple - CPF (cycle percentage filter) 10 - Flickering Yellow - Ramp start 11 - Flickering Blue - Gangster mode 12 - Flickering Red - Bolt delay 13 - Flickering White - Training mode dwell I have numbered them as on my board its not exactly easy to make out which colour is what! They all seem to have a slightly red/purple glow! The First one to change is No. 6 - White - Fire Mode. To be Millenium compliant you need to select PSP 100% ramping 5. (this makes the first 3 shots semi auto) Then change No. 7 - Teal - Max Rate Of Fire to level 2 (10.5bps), i left mine on level 1 (10bps) just to be safe. The last one to change will be No. 10 - Flickering Yellow - Ramp start. This will be set at level 5 (5bps) This should set your marker to Millenium ramping with a max rate of fire of 10.5bps with a kick in and sustain rate of 5bps after the first 3 shots being semi auto. not sure if this helps at all but thought it was worth posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Tadao boards, which came stock in earlier Vic's have more adjustability then the now in house frenzy board.
Yes you are right Gamer565.

And this is the settings I'm wishing that Blast would put on the software. Then you can sett it up any way you want.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 PM #21
drhp
Färgboll bäbis

Annual Supporting Member
Now I think Blast must fix the millenium mode when it's going to be used in the NXL. If the don't want to loose the customers in USA.

"What rate of fire will the NXL use? (and will it be the same for all divisions)
Yes it will be the same. We will be using the same mode that is used at the Millenniums 10.5

The first 3 shots must be semi-auto mode only. Markers will be limited to a ROF of 10 balls per second, defined as no two consecutive shots may be timed shorter than 95ms apart (reading on ROF meter of 10.5 bps or less is legal; reading on ROF meter of 10.6 bps or higher is illegal).

Clarification: 5 bps for start/sustain ramping does not need to be hit physically; it refers to the time delay between trigger activations, which must be at least the equivalent to 5 bps. So a marker may start to ramp up to 10 bps, if (after the first three shots being in semi-auto only) the time delay between 3rd and 4th trigger activation is less than 200ms."

Last edited by drhp : 04-11-2015 at 01:54 AM.