PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 PM #1
bag681

bag681 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Black crap in insight engine

Preface: been wanting an insight forever. Got one (yay!) was brand new and didn't have updates (aww) so i sent it off to get updated. While it was out, i traded it to another person for a color scheme I liked more (yay!). BL sent it to him, and we each got our guns (yay!).

I aired it up and shot it with no issues. (first things first right) Cool it works perfectly, now my next instinct is to fully strip it to clean every bit of it (i always do this with any gun i pick up). Everything was in normal working order (oil from paint in and around eyes, dried paint here and there, nothing wrong). I cleaned: reg, exess lube above schraeder valve, inside solenoid manifold, all air passages I could get a Q tip into, the entire engine including the back cap and release button. Relubed everything with straight DOW33 (exept the engine which got monkeypoo and tri flo). Air it up no leaks (yay) shoot it no problems. Next day im trying to study so naturally I start messing with my insight.

Actually relevant: I pulled the engine out and noticed some black crap on the bolt right before all the little holes where the air passes through. It has the consistency of old lube and thats what i figured it was. Cleaned it off, shot it some, and noticed some more.

Anyone else have this? my current theory is that when i cleaned it out (especially all that excess grease) the old grease that i couldnt reach before was now getting shot out because of the more clear airflow through the gun. I havent cleaned the asa because i well just didnt. perhaps its coming from there. Maybe the previous owner(s) didnt clean the asa threads regularly like I do. Maybe its an old oring breaking apart/deteriorating. (it really doesnt look like an old oring and there are no leaks) Its baffling. I'll try cleaning the inside of the asa now, and i have a set of orings on the way to me.
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2014, 07:49 PM #2
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
My experience tells me it is a combo of excess grease being blown down the barrel and the o-rings breaking in. I had that for the first 2 to 3K rounds, so adjust the amount of lube down a little bit and just put a couple of cases through it. I saw the same thing with all 5 Insights/Victi.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 PM #3
bag681

bag681 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
My experience tells me it is a combo of excess grease being blown down the barrel and the o-rings breaking in. I had that for the first 2 to 3K rounds, so adjust the amount of lube down a little bit and just put a couple of cases through it. I saw the same thing with all 5 Insights/Victi.
I should just stop posting, and direct all my questions via PM to you! Thanks once again for lending an ear!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:33 AM #4
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA beginner division
Ya I agree with Big Papa, it is just the o-rings breaking in.
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:10 PM #5
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bag681 View Post
I should just stop posting, and direct all my questions via PM to you! Thanks once again for lending an ear!
I'm always happy to help, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert like some others are on the site.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:25 PM #6
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Also, I've had great luck using Monkey Poo on my Insight. Works great on all my spoolies.

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote