PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM #1
twv00

twv00 plays in the PSP
twv00 plays in the APPA D5 division
Night game was a failure

Really, why have the germans who were clearly out numbered around 3 to 1, probably more, attack Coleville? Made zero sense at all to me, anyone else agree.
I have to admit I did like what they did with the flares that would light up everything and the fireworks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM #2
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Ya, we didnt stand a chance.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:26 PM #3
Kahnif

Who told you that you were outnumbered 3 to 1? I never heard anything about that, it was a fun time regardless.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:07 PM #4
Army_Ranger2888
im not in the army

Army_Ranger2888 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Army_Ranger2888 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnif View Post
Who told you that you were outnumbered 3 to 1? I never heard anything about that, it was a fun time regardless.
Ummm it was pretty obvious. The allies outnumbered us, their re-insertion was closer, the refs kept throwing the flares behind us , and the allies started in control of the church and the new building. Plus they were way out of bounds in the trees to the left of the church.

Last year we were defending but the allies were reinserting right behind the church........the game was clearly fixed but it was cool.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM #5
JollyGreen
Guns, Guitars n G-Strings

Those allies were incredibly tough, most of them had to be shot 40-50 times before they would stop playing..........
Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 PM #6
I Have No Legs
What are birds?

Honestly guys, from the allied perspective we were saying the same thing. We couldn't see anything until you guys got up pretty much on top of us, and not to mention those flares were blinding for those of us on the ground level (I was in the concrete building).

We went through the same thing last year when we were attacking. I do agree that something should be changed to make it easier for the attackers.
University of Missouri

...That I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Old 06-14-2009, 10:31 PM #7
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
The night game will never be a legitimate game. It is cool because it is a pretty unique experience. Paintball in the dark is dangerous and unreffable, but I really enjoy how nutzo the night game gets.

It is pretty embarrassing how many times you have to shoot some guys to get them out... We had guys running 5 feet in front of us, getting blasted, trying to hide on the ground, and then getting pissed when we put another 15 on them. Also, we had two guys with night vision, which makes things pretty easy. lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:11 AM #8
Army_Ranger2888
im not in the army

Army_Ranger2888 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Army_Ranger2888 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ive never been so overshot in my life lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:32 AM #9
Dugdathug
Cold,old-school killer.

I had a friend call me here in Australia, half way through the game, to say he had been lit up a couple times really bad and this had somehow reminded him of me. Heaven knows why, i think that many balls in the back made him delirious. He did mention it was huge fun but a bit crazy. Then the line went dead, i think someone garrotted him.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 AM #10
JollyGreen
Guns, Guitars n G-Strings

Two of us had night vision. We could see perfectly. It was frustrating to have to shoot someone 15 times to get them to go out.

Dugdathug..... Your friend said that many balls across his back made him think of you????
I'm not sure how to take that exactly...
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 PM #11
bigdogs17
where is my banana?

this was my first dday and the night game was one of my favorite parts. it was awesome playing under fireworks and flares. however, i have never been shot so many times before by my own team. it was stilll a blast.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM #12
twv00

twv00 plays in the PSP
twv00 plays in the APPA D5 division
i do have to agree it was still lots of fun
Old 06-15-2009, 05:47 PM #13
keeter990
Kreeton

Yes the night game was out of control. I was on the ground and I know for a fact that who ever was in charge of the flares was a moron. The one that was on the ground blinded everyone to what was behind the flare. Also most of the ones they were shooting into the sky were flying over the deadbox or into the middle of the woods.

Troll
Old 06-16-2009, 05:16 PM #14
soundgeek2496

Night game was epic for sure, however to all those retard alli's sitting on the south side berm shooting their own guys that were in the grass are the suck.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 PM #15
VAMP1RE

VAMP1RE helped look for balloons
Am I the only one that thinks it would be a lot more fun with out the flares? The kept putting the right infront of me, and at one time the ref put it withing 5 ft of me laying in the grass. Of course I immediatly got lit up.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:44 PM #16
dozer899

2007 game with the storm lighting up the whole place was the best ever. everything else is not even in the same league.

Plus at the night game you get shot so many times that it sort of makes it a huge bummer. not really unexpected though, when people can't see you & suddenly you pop up; you are going to get shot. Not their fault but still it is a bummer.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 AM #17
Matte

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Best night Game ever. We pushed and pushed and made more daring attacks on Clleville than paintballs you could carry in a Full Clip harness. After we got tired of trying to hit the wall we took to the woods only to get barrel tagged by an American officer who was hanging out at our dead box with no gun only a pistol hidden on his body. I have so many stories of the night game it was so much fun.

German Infantry

Matte
Edge Army
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 PM #18
SpecialK79
Kevin-Osborn

i loved it, at one point by the back wall of the building between the church and Coleville it felt like we were playing in the rain b/c so much paint was being shot at the top windows that if you played the wall below them you just got soaked with splatter. my marker have never been so nasty...

Jolly Green tournament & scenario team
OK D-Day German 709
Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM #19
VAMP1RE

VAMP1RE helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK79 View Post
i loved it, at one point by the back wall of the building between the church and Coleville it felt like we were playing in the rain b/c so much paint was being shot at the top windows that if you played the wall below them you just got soaked with splatter. my marker have never been so nasty...
Yeah, that's were I was. I thought it was raining at first. I was behind the big window of it.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:12 PM #20
ATLpaintballa
Stoobz Foodz

ATLpaintballa plays in the PSP
ATLpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ATLpaintballa is an NCPA player
ATLpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
ya the nightgame was all kinds of nonsense, oh by the way srry to the last poor bastard in the top of the curch i know i shot like half a hopper at him
KSU Owl Herd | Russians #1 | The Finnish Prince
Official Sandana Owners Club V3"We're still more then OG"

Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 AM #21
Wrongway

has been a member for 10 years
them guys in the top of the church got shot so many times and never called themselves out it was bs not to even have a ref up there i charged up the stairs and and shot 3 guys as the wall of guys infront of me was my shield and yet none of them called themselves out just kept shooting and the guys i shot shot me repeatedly it was bs in the church but the game was simply awesome i loved how it was set with the fireworks and flares.

FEEDBACK