PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 AM #1
nugeo

has been a member for 10 years
Big variation in velocity

need a little advice on how to stabalise velocity on my NME, one of the early one not the LE.

I have made one change to the pneumatics, the main reg stopped working up so I ripped the guts of it out to make it a gas-through rather than a reg, then I put a SmartParts Maxflo onto the grip and set the low pressure side to 175 psi. That all seems fine, sort of.

I've also changed the bolt to a ShockTech Superfly, marker seems to bust paint with the stock bolt, wondering now if the bolt was the problem, anyway, bolt also seems fine.

Barrell is Un1tec 16" .693

The LPR is the part I think is the problem, I see most folks set it to 75psi approx which is what I've tried to do.

problem: Marker doesn't bust a ball, yesterday the whole tourney without a single break, approx a case of paint (RPS), but the velocity was a real problem. I'm getting 275 to 295 fps over the chrono and I'd like to narrow that down a bit.

Any suggestions..... Thanks

Last edited by nugeo : 06-15-2009 at 04:05 AM.
nugeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM #2
VcityBaller_Impy (Banned)
I NEED ABOUT TREE FIDDY

VcityBaller_Impy is playing at Living Legends V
VcityBaller_Impy is for the Gunfight
VcityBaller_Impy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
VcityBaller_Impy supports Pev's Paintball
VcityBaller_Impy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
new reg? Switch the maxflo for a hyper2 or something, then try.
VcityBaller_Impy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 AM #3
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
You could try a re-build on the Max-flo and the LPR. I would have to agree with VcityBaller that the max flow/gas through setup is likely the problem. I'm suprised you are having problems with the stock bolt. It's actually a really good bolt. Most people never switch them...
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM #4
nugeo

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks guys, I think you might be right about the bolt, I'm wondering if the inline reg was the problem, not the bolt.

The maxflo was serviced before I stuck it on. I tried the same gas-through/maxflo on my Ion and velocity is stable, so maxflo seems ok.

I have tried to up the LPR pressure, it did narrow the BPS gap a bit but I want to keep that as low as I can, maybe 75psi is a bit low on my NME, it may be worth trying at say 85psi. What's likely to happen if I up the LPR, is there a negative impact.
nugeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:14 PM #5
sunshinekid91
That funky little monkey.

cool gun stand. if you up the lpr too much (+125psi), you risk blowing the noid (i'm sure you know that anyway), but a general rule of thumb is the higher lpr pressure, the more kick you have. check your dwell too, you might have it set too high or too low, or just mess w/your dwell a bit and see what happens to the velocity using your current setup...
Drive through daiquiris...its not drinking and driving till you put a straw in it.
WE MESSED WITH TEXAS
LSU Rugby...play hard, party even harder.
sunshinekid91 is offline   Reply With Quote