Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 AM #1
GoblyGoop

porting the firing can

is there any reason to increase the number or size of the air inlet holes on the back of the can? Will it result in higher airflow or will it cause the air pressures and flow to become out of balance?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3975908

~(*)Slate Revi (rev-i) up F/S Only. Tricked out and super clean(*)~
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...highlight=revi
GoblyGoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM #2
Woodsballerpcb

No reason really, you would have to plug the extra holes if you didnt want air spewing all over the place.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 PM #3
xblackstarx v2.0
dead forum is dead.

he's talking about where the donught is. that actually helps you in some adverse way. i believe the lucky firing cans had multiple ports. the air would flow better if that was done. but it has to be done with something like a drill press or the holes will suck.

selling sleeping dogs copy for steam.
xblackstarx v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM #4
Guess 005
Stage 5.1 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx v2.0 View Post
he's talking about where the donught is. that actually helps you in some adverse way. i believe the lucky firing cans had multiple ports. the air would flow better if that was done. but it has to be done with something like a drill press or the holes will suck.
See, this is what i used to think, before i actually did it and was able to talk from knowledge and not ignorance, like you are right now.

I first took one of my spare firing cans, and drilled 2 extra holes i believe (possibly 3, this was a while ago) and i used nothign more than a dremel, about as least precise as you can get. The following was my process.

I took an old lucky firing can i had and tested out the efficiency and the consistency, down to the last paintball (don't remember exactly how many it was anymore). I made sure the tank that i was using was 100% full, i did a slow fill, then let it sit for a half hour, did another slow fill to top it off, let it sit, and yet another and let it sit (this last one barely let me put any air in it but i let it sit any way).

I proceeded to shoot it over a chrono to test the consistency and then played with it until it could no longer fire.

I then took the gun apart, lubed it up (as i had done before the lucky can was inside of it) and put in my modded firing can. I did the same filling methods and tested it over a chrono and then played with it.

I noticed that they were almost exactly the same, i think the amount of paint they were off was about 30-40 paintballs, and they were the exact same consistency.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:03 PM #5
xblackstarx v2.0
dead forum is dead.

maybe because you used a dremel?

selling sleeping dogs copy for steam.
xblackstarx v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 PM #6
Guess 005
Stage 5.1 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx v2.0 View Post
maybe because you used a dremel?
I will let you decide which is more accurate.

Drill Press:

Dremel:

If you are still wondering, its the drill press.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:15 PM #7
WillIbe

the thing to realize is that unless you increas the size of the banjos, solenoid, bore out the reg. openings, and use bigger hose, you will still be limited to a certain amount of air that can be moved at any given time (weakest link in the chain etc.), so although it would hypothetically maybe give you faster recharge(like an ANS/shocktech valve for a 'mag), you will still only be able to flow as much air as the banjos/hoses can flow.
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM #8
Guess 005
Stage 5.1 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillIbe View Post
the thing to realize is that unless you increas the size of the banjos, solenoid, bore out the reg. openings, and use bigger hose, you will still be limited to a certain amount of air that can be moved at any given time (weakest link in the chain etc.), so although it would hypothetically maybe give you faster recharge(like an ANS/shocktech valve for a 'mag), you will still only be able to flow as much air as the banjos/hoses can flow.
This is exactly true, but in theory if you lessen the restriction of flow a greater one can be achieved, that is unless the current design is the greatest flow achievable.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:22 PM #9
WillIbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess 005 View Post
that is unless the current design is the greatest flow achievable.
i made this assumption when making my statement, so basically, if you re-plumb everything(bigger), then by all means drill the heck out of it and post vids of a 'freeflow ion'
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote