Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 PM #43
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Usually when you order he will build your gun and ship it within 48 hours. Barring any problems with your payment or shipping address or whatever.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 AM #44
heyyo
All Walk

heyyo helped look for balloons
heyyo posts videos on PbNation
Just to add to this debate.

To tell you the truth I believe that an accurate paintball gun is the the most important part of making a good paintball gun besides reliability. They are many reasons why others factors don't matter as much. I mean if you think about it, efficiency wise, who the hell shoots 1700-1800 paintballs in a game? I mean its not that hard to fill your tank after a game. BPS wise theres no way your gonna out shoot any of these different high end markers. With many other factors like these, it always seems to come down to a markers accuracy. Accuracy can mean the difference between shooting your enemy or them shooting you. It can only help you when your in a gun fight when placing those few paintball's at your enemy means a gun fight in your favor. Now you may not be able to SEE the difference per say, but that doesn't mean its not working. For example I have used many different markers, but for some reason whenever I use my shocker, it always seems to get me more eliminations in a match. Now this is where Alien paintball comes in. They have realized that a markers accuracy is a crucial part of paintball and have created a marker that can embellish this characteristic.

In conclusion, with all my years of experience in paintball, I've come to realize that Accuracy is what's going to help you the most in paintball (even if its not that much) and I believe that Alien is making huge strides in this area.

Infusica Music Blog - Hip-Hop, Electronica, Beat Music, Ambient, Glitch Hop at www.infusica.com

Nonstop Drum and Bass for your gaming needs...www.clutch.fm
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM #45
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Yes, my son was in the booth with me along with my best friend.

Yes, if we don't have the exact color combination you want we usually build a new one and ship within 48 hours.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM #46
pbjunky126

pbjunky126 supports Team VICIOUS
i would go with the alien or the vice i own the vice and it and blast are top notch. but the 09 alien does shoot very very nice (imo it way out shot the 09 eog at psp chicago) . if you want the new thing that very few people have go alien, i f you want effienceny and proven customer service ( i am sure jack does a good job of cs too but i have not delt with him, i have with blast) i would go vice. both perform awesome!!

WTB broken guns: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post64653621
pbjunky126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 AM #47
MstrKey

features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyo View Post
Just to add to this debate.

To tell you the truth I believe that an accurate paintball gun is the the most important part of making a good paintball gun besides reliability. They are many reasons why others factors don't matter as much. I mean if you think about it, efficiency wise, who the hell shoots 1700-1800 paintballs in a game? I mean its not that hard to fill your tank after a game. BPS wise theres no way your gonna out shoot any of these different high end markers. With many other factors like these, it always seems to come down to a markers accuracy. Accuracy can mean the difference between shooting your enemy or them shooting you. It can only help you when your in a gun fight when placing those few paintball's at your enemy means a gun fight in your favor. Now you may not be able to SEE the difference per say, but that doesn't mean its not working. For example I have used many different markers, but for some reason whenever I use my shocker, it always seems to get me more eliminations in a match. Now this is where Alien paintball comes in. They have realized that a markers accuracy is a crucial part of paintball and have created a marker that can embellish this characteristic.

In conclusion, with all my years of experience in paintball, I've come to realize that Accuracy is what's going to help you the most in paintball (even if its not that much) and I believe that Alien is making huge strides in this area.
Agreed. I'll just add a couple points onto that.

Accuracy(lack of kick)
Easy on paint
Reliable/low maintenance.(for you x-ball guys, or just lazy people lol)

Every good marker needs these attributes. I guess you could put weight in there since a nice light gun is great for gun fights but it's not really a huge factor. All the new guns are light. Efficiency while not important during a single game, is important as a marketable feature. Not all of us get 4500 fills all day long (I often have to play a game on 2000psi). So a gun that can shoot more on less is very helpful. Plus it's nice to not have to fill after every game.......PLUS PLUS.....if it can be efficient why wouldn't you make it so? Just seems logical to me.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 07-03-2009, 11:49 AM #48
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunky126 View Post
...the 09 alien does shoot very very nice (imo it way out shot the 09 eog at psp chicago)
Thank You - and while self serving - I want to add tat the paint was quite brittle in Chicago and we broke less than any of the other guns in the booth
Anyway that's all for now - the conversation is nicer here that on one of the other threads and I don't want to pollute the pond just if any at Chicago noticed ....
Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 PM #49
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunky126 View Post
i would go with the alien or the vice i own the vice and it and blast are top notch. but the 09 alien does shoot very very nice (imo it way out shot the 09 eog at psp chicago) . if you want the new thing that very few people have go alien, i f you want effienceny and proven customer service ( i am sure jack does a good job of cs too but i have not delt with him, i have with blast) i would go vice. both perform awesome!!
Yeah the EGOs are notorious for their kick, 07,08 and 09 sorry but that's from my experience. I haven't shot the SL94 yet though with its zick 2.

Customer service, its a double edged sword, if you've experienced this that means your gun went down beyond your ability to fix it and that's a very bad thing, I like guns that you can tech yourself. I have to admit though it would be nice to have good customer service if ever you need one.

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:09 PM #50
pbjunky126

pbjunky126 supports Team VICIOUS
^^^^ actually all i needed was a detent spring and pillow for my bolt on 2 dif occassions. and both were free. my vice has never failed me

WTB broken guns: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post64653621
pbjunky126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 PM #51
Gary

I have honestly never tech'd a marker that was easier than a Potege/Vice, Ive never taken an alien apart or tech'd one, but the Bob Long markers are exceptionally easy. I have an ego 7 coming in the mail so Ill chime in on that at some point after it comes.

Last edited by Gary : 07-04-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:02 PM #52
MstrKey

Shot my first vice today. Very small, very light, stable but very violent feeling. LOL.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:33 PM #53
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
^^^ Hehehehe really? you should try an ego then. The vice I shot felt nicer than the 07,08 and 09s I've tried.

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 PM #54
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

^God yes, BL guns are so smooth. Plus they have the best feeling triggers I've ever shot. Egos are overrated, get the Vice.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 PM #55
MstrKey

Oh I know the egos are violent feeling and this vice was new, not broken in or even retunes, still felt pretty rough to me. Shot good though. Wicked on air.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 PM #56
stubborn

I like the fact about an alien is that I can go to a field and people will ask me what is that gun? It's an alien and they will say, never heard of it. They will look into some more and then they will want to get one based on its facts. I'm not talking about any features atm so im just pointing out the unique feel of it because i have never seen someone shoot an alien in t he field, but i have seen basically everyone shoot an ego.

PROUD MINI OWNER
stubborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM #57
ksijohn

I have an 09 Alien and Vice. I had an 08 alien. I prefer both over the vice. As far as customer service goes, I had an issue with my 09. I sent it in, and they had it back on its way to me within 24 hours. I live in Ohio, Alien is in California. I had it back one week from when I sent it. Also they only charged me shipping, and I think they gave me a new board, tuned it, and set up the trigger. Plus when you call Alien, smoetimes the owner answers the phone.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 PM #58
Benjolip

Benjolip plays in the APPA D4 division
Way to bring back an old thread >_<

Washington's Premier Indoor Paintball Field!
Benjolip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 AM #59
Jack Rice

Well if he was going to bring back an old thread that is the way to do it
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM #60
SpecOpsDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
Well if he was going to bring back an old thread that is the way to do it
+1
SpecOpsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 AM #61
bvandalsen (Banned)

You people are not very smart to say the least. 08 and 09 ego's are some of the best guns made period. Every gun has to be set up at first and once you dial in an ego it is quiet and smooth and insane fast. I had an Alien Indy 09 and it was a great gun also but I had to change dwell and lower the LPR more before it shot smoother. I tweaked both my ego's and Alien to the max and they shot great but the Alien even with lower pressure Jack and yes a straighter longer shot which is true still kicked more than my ego 08 and now 09 also. Aliens are great guns but they are not kick free by all means. Quieter sound signature not really. Shoot farther by a little YES. Need to shrink YES. But when it comes to speed, nothing touches an ego. NOTHING!!
bvandalsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 AM #62
bvandalsen (Banned)

But seriously Alien makes a killer gun. It is no secret that I love my ego's but even though the Indy was a little longer to me and I didn't play as well with it, I miss it a little. They don't break paint and shoot very crisp and solid.

Now lets talk about the Vice. In no way shape or form does it even compare to any Ego or Alien. Not in the same category. Owned one with Yakuza board and all upgrades and it sucked. Plagued with the same LPR issues that all the timmies had and way to tall. As far as speed, The Ego and Alien kill it DEAD!!! I would say that a G3 is a better gun. The Marq series are nice but the Vice belongs in the garbage!!
bvandalsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:01 PM #63
SpecOpsDeath

with my 2k5 dark timmy, I never had a single lpr issue with it. with my 2k2 classic timmy never had a problem. with every bl gun I'v owned, iv never had a problem. not all bl guns (timmys like you say) have lpr issues. I am sorry you had to experience that but dont bash it.

To the OT (if you havent chosen already) I do highly suggest trying each marker out. If you can not get your hands on an alien, Jack does have a program where you put in a $75 deposit (I believe) and he will send you an 09 indy to try for the weekend. if you like it, talk to jack about buying it. if you dont, send it back. Thats one thing that I absolutely love that jack does.
SpecOpsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote