PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM #1
LotusElise

LotusElise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GCPB Savant Frame Questions

Okay, I know these were a limited run, but I have a few questions about them. I know it came with its own specific board and that there is no standard button slot, but will a "regular" Ion board (Virtue with membrane adapter, or APE with it's membrane pad) fit and function in the frame? Also, what triggers fit it in, stock Ion, something else, or only the stock one? Finally, what type of grips does it take? It looks like old style DM4/5 grips, but I can't be certain.
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2009, 04:43 PM #2
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

You're right about the grips.

No, you can only use the board that is in it, unless you want to mod something or use a universal t board. Thats one of the crappy things about it, besides it's horrendous looks. If that board breaks down, you're screwed.
Idiosyncrisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:55 PM #3
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Also as for the triggers, the only other trigger that I have ever seen on one of those frames was a PMR UL trigger and it took some modding to get it on I believe
Old 06-10-2009, 05:00 PM #4
LotusElise

LotusElise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Darn. That's very disappointing. I was told via PM by phoenixsun, the guy who originally sold the Savant, that I could get a regular Ion board & trigger to work with minor tweaking. I'll ask him to clarify. He isn't the seller so I don't see why he'd misrepresent something.
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM #5
bballryand316
Custom Projects are fun.

Replied to your PM, but I'll add:

I haven't tried to fit a stock board in, haven't had a need to. I wanted to fit a stock board into an UL frame (Savant looks similar to it) but that didn't work out too well.

The Savant frame is wider than a UL frame, so you should be able to fit it with some minor modification.

Edit - And the guy you are trying to get that frame from...we had a trade planned for the milled silver one. I bought a spare board, he never sent the frame. And didn't reply to my PM's after a few weeks.

I was stuck with a spare board, but luckily I just found another frame.