TPX Duel Club
The latest installment of Duel Club (TPX Duel Club for this event) will be held at 5:00PM at Skirmish USA on the Beach. Signs will be posted.
This event is being sponsored by Tippman to promote their TPX Pistol. In addition to our standard cheesy certificate, a shiny, new TPX pistol awaits the winner of Round 1 and "The Quick and the Dead" competitions. That's why they get the naming rights for this event.
The rules for Round 1, which we are now calling "A Matter of Honor"
, are the same as other events (see below) with a few slight changes. There can be only one Master Duelist, but there will be prizes for more than First Place. In the event the Final Round is a tie on the first shot, Duelists will switch to their non-dominant hands for the second shot. The third shot will be with the dominant hand and so forth.
We have also added a provision for "Sudden Violent Death" in case we wind up with three at the end.
"The Quick and the Dead"
round has now been added in response to requests for a "fast-draw" competition. This will be a second round that will take the top 30 finishers of Round 1. You still only get one shot, but you better be accurate AND fast.
And yes, if you are good enough to win both rounds, you get both pistols. You freak.
Round 1: A Matter of Honor
1. No pre-registration. Anyone who shows up by 5:00 PM on the Beach Dueling Grounds can participate.
2. Pistols ONLY.
3. One shot per duel.
4. Single hit elimination. Bounces count.
5. If both Duelists are hit, both are out.
6. Referees will be the sole judges of hits.
7. Duelists will form two lines and await their turn on the Dueling Square.
8. Duelers will face each other at 15 paces (as determined by Mr. Tyrell’s short legs).
9. Each Duelist will raise their weapons and fire a single shot. You may use one or two hands.
10. You are allowed to duck, but not to move your feet. Moving your feet will mean you are out.
11. The winner of each Duel will return to the back of the line for the next round.
12. The dead will be asked to leave the field of honor and heckle the survivors.
13. If both parties miss, both return to the back of the line.
Should two players remain for the Final Duel and they either miss or hit each other resulting in a tie, they will fire a second shot with their non-dominant hands. They will alternate between the dominant and non-dominant hands until only one survives.
If we are down to three players and two of the Duelists simultaneously eliminate each other resulting in the third Duelist facing no opponent, we will proceed to "Sudden Violent Death".
SUDDEN VIOLENT DEATH:
The sole remaining Duelist must cleanly eliminate Mr. Tyrell to win. If they fail to hit Mr. Tyrell or he hits them, another round between the three finalists will begin. If both the Duelist and Mr. Tyrell miss (don't count on it Skippy), they will continue to fire.
If the same situation occurs in the new round with an odd man out because two players simultaneously eliminate each other in Sudden Violent Death, the third Duelist is the winner. Enough is enough. I have a Diplomatic Reception to attend.
Round 2: The Quick and the Dead
Unlike Round 1, "The Quick and the Dead" is a fast-draw competition. First to hit their opponent wins. A separate prize and certificate will be given for this round. The top 30 qualifiers from the first round will be eligible for this event. Please note that each Duel continues until there is a clear winner and that we have lengthened the distance to 20 paces for the second round. You are also allowed to move your feet, but not leave the square. Remember that being quick is not enough. You also have to hit your target. You still only have one shot.
"Take your time in a hurry," (attributed to Master Duelist Wyatt Earp)
1. Top 30 qualifiers from Round 1 only.
2. Pistols ONLY.
3. Single hit elimination. Bounces count.
4. Referees will be the sole judges of hits.
5. Duelists will form two lines and await their turn on the Dueling Square.
6. Duelers will face each other at 20 paces.
7. Each Duelist will start with their pistol held at their side in a single hand (Starting Position) or in a holster. Pistols may NOT be tucked in the belt for safety reasons. (Despite how funny it would be to watch you shoot yourself in a tender area, this is a family sport.)
8. One shot per draw. Duelists will re-holster or assume the Starting Position for the next shot if there is no clear winner. If both Duelists are hit, the first hit will be the winner. If judges declare a tie, the Duel will continue until one Duelist is the clear winner.
9. Commands: "On the Square" (Duelists enter the Dueling Squares), "Duelists Ready" (safeties off, round chambered, retaining straps free), "Set" (hand on pistol), "DRAW". If Duelists need to fire again, an additional command of "Reset" will be given.
10. Once the DRAW command is given, Duelists may use one or two hands on the pistol to fire.
11. You are allowed to duck AND move your feet in this round. You are NOT allowed to leave the Dueling square.
12. The winner of each Duel will return to the back of the line for the next round.
13. The dead will be asked to leave the field of honor and heckle the survivors. Again.
As always, Duel Club winners are allowed to brag in public and on-line until the next event. Imitation and mockery are encouraged.
The Tyrell Corporation will keep track of the winners of Duel Club and their relative ranking. Rankings will be posted on our website and periodically on PB Nation. We will track the top five duelists for each event. Only pistol duels will be tracked.
Duel Club is self-reporting and self-correcting. Anyone sponsoring a “Duel Club” event can simply PM me on PB Nation and let me know who won and the other four finishers. Remember, if you lie, your peers will ensure your demise at the next opportunity. There is no application, pre-approval, or any rules except those the participants choose for that event.
And remember: What’s the first rule of Duel Club? Don’t talk about Duel Club…unless you win.
Current Duel Club Master Duelists:
Alan Steel (Stalingrad)
Ronnie Valor (Hellstorm of the Third Reich)
Glenn "Gadget" Fedon (TSSOC) (NJ Nam)