PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 AM #22
El General

El General donated to help Peyton Trent
El General owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Following the Methodist tradition, everyone's relationship to God is their own. It is a personal relationship defined by the needs and desires of the individual. I would find it very hard to believe that God would not be appreciative of your honesty and courage to approach Him. I really don't think He's going to be offended by foul language either. I'm sure He's heard worse in all the time He's been around. Furthermore, trying to be a better person is part of what many Christians and non-Christians strive for. If you feel that prayer can help you, all power to you.

I don't know Lutheran practices but, as a Methodist, I'm very irregular with my prayers and church going. To me, half of my worship of God is through my actions. The other through prayer. Many people, including Methodists, I'm sure would disagree with that but that's the understanding I've taken from my own experiences and religious studies. I don't need a church to pray to God nor do I need anyone's consent about what I speak to him about.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 AM #23
undirected (Banned)

on second look it appears that you're still on a 12-step-program-induced pink cloud of spirituality and religion

give it a couple of months and you should be back to normal
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 PM #24
Bird.Man
I can haz pilot license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I suggest you see a psychiatrist, and here's why:

1. If you don't believe in God, then you're really just talking to the voices in your head, and that could be a sign of schizophrenia.

He never said he had voices in his head

2. If you believe that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving, then you're really not angry with God (how can you rationally be angry with someone who is infinitely benevolent and always right?), you're angry with the world, and that can be a sign of depression or bipolar disorder.

People aren't always rational

3. If you believe that God is all powerful, but not eternally benevolent and maybe even a bit vengeful, then you're really taking a huge risk because God may smite you, and that could be a sign of suicidal tendencies;

I don't think he thinks hes gonna be smited because of this. Hes asking if its wrong.

4. If you're not really sure what you believe, then you might just be ranting because you like to hear your own voice, and that could be a sign of narcissistic personality disorder.

Or he could be venting off some steam. Its not completely irrational to vent when your pissed off, regardless of weather or not someones there.

Whatever the issue, a licensed professional can almost certainly find a medication that is right for you.

I'm sure all he needs is some PbNation advice. We seem to know everything here.
Bird.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 PM #25
namedoesntmatter
i hate blowback markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird.Man View Post
He may not be mad at the "all knowing", "all loving" blah blah but the "all powerful". If God is all powerful then why doesn't he do anything to help, that is why someone would be pissed at God; and if He is trying to test faith He is an *******...
PMI 72/3000 HUGE *** TANK
namedoesntmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 PM #26
namedoesntmatter
i hate blowback markers

lmao quoted wrong thing
Old 06-21-2009, 05:12 PM #27
nerB^ION
end is near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kopp View Post
....for the first time in 7 years. And basically it was just me taking a long drive in my car and praying out loud. I got very angry and some points and very happy at some others.

Right now I don't know how to feel about it. So my question is was it a bad thing for me to basically ***** out God because I feel like he gives me more than I can handle? The whole prayer was just a lot me calling God an ******* for all the **** he put me through and my family and friends through. But I wasn't completely selfish. I prayed for some friends of mine I'm very concerned about. I just feel like when I did have a lot of faith in God my life took a ****. And when I stopped believing for a while it got even ****tier. And now that I'm starting to clean up my life I figured why not try the whole praying and faith thing?

But my main question is, is it a bad thing to ***** out God now and then?

Edit: I just realized I used a lot of profanity. Sorry if it offends anyone.
Is it a bad thing to ***** out god? Wow bro...you seem like the type that would only be religious through fear. Be a fukcing man. God does nothing for you. YOU decide what happens in your life, you dictate the way you act and how you treat people. Sometimes **** doesnt go your way, that isn't gods doing it's just what happens. My mom has heart disease, 3 stints in her heart, she has had skin cancer 3 times on her face and the reason she is still going is because everytime she came across this **** she did what she had to do, and me and my sister were there with her every time to support her.

That is what gets people through hard times, support, a shoulder to lean on, good friends and family. You can be a damn good man without religion in your life, you can have good morals and values, you can be a damn good father and husband and you can have a HUGE heart and love to help people without being religious.

If praying makes you feel like you are accomplishing something or makes you feel better then w/e I guess. Personally it doesn't motivate me or cheer me up in any way, pretending that some deity is actually listening to me and feeling sorry for me.....yeah......

If you are having problems you try your best to fix them the way you want to. Religion is the LAST thing I would ever turn to because it is bs. That is all.
nerB^ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:29 PM #28
Iliketotouchboobs (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namedoesntmatter View Post
Doesn't matter, God is going to do what he wants to anyways... no point in really praying..
things like that is why you have a spyder and a 68/3000 tank
Iliketotouchboobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM #29
Gold Leader (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliketotouchboobs View Post
Yeah because God cares how good of a paintball gun you have.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:29 PM #30
halofreak4t5 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse87 View Post
What do you think? God is perfect and you're angry with him. Everyone gets angry at God before they're saved but you need to ask forgiveness. God has more wisdom and knowledge than us, so we don't understand some ways he tests our faith, or punishes us.
God is not perfect.
He is a jealous god, and that is a flaw.
halofreak4t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:04 PM #31
Bird.Man
I can haz pilot license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofreak4t5 View Post
God is not perfect.
He is a jealous god, and that is a flaw.
I never did understand that.

Or how God can consider Jesus a gift when if according to the Bible, without him we would be doomed to hell forever for something were not even responsible for. After all, the Bible does say we cannot go without sin.
Bird.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:28 PM #32
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
it's an anthropomorphism, a way to relate to His creation. a way to express in huma terms an analog of who God is. God isn't really jealous in the way we think of the term/emotion.

the context of the jealous God is always in reference to idol worship. the analogy as mentionedis that it because He wants His creation to choose to love Him. The New Testament (Jesus) teaches that the most important commandment was to love God. God does not want us to waste our time worshipping pretend gods that do not exist.

but that is just my interpretation based in my understanding of Christianity.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:14 AM #33
namedoesntmatter
i hate blowback markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliketotouchboobs View Post
You're mean, you must be a Christian
Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 PM #34
Lengthy

Quote:

1. If you don't believe in God, then you're really just talking to the voices in your head, and that could be a sign of schizophrenia.

2. If you believe that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving, then you're really not angry with God (how can you rationally be angry with someone who is infinitely benevolent and always right?), you're angry with the world, and that can be a sign of depression or bipolar disorder.

3. If you believe that God is all powerful, but not eternally benevolent and maybe even a bit vengeful, then you're really taking a huge risk because God may smite you, and that could be a sign of suicidal tendencies;

4. If you're not really sure what you believe, then you might just be ranting because you like to hear your own voice, and that could be a sign of narcissistic personality disorder.

Whatever the issue, a licensed professional can almost certainly find a medication that is right for you.
this is pretty funny because it seems as though you are calling every possible outcome a mental disorder. I think its funny. Though in most context's talking to one self or believing that someone can hear what you think would be schizophrenic, when someone is talking to "god" it is completely acceptable.

I am a atheist. I do "pray" sometimes. I don't believe that I am talking to anyone or asking expecting outcome, but more that I am venting to myself. I will often say things like "you" and when I think about it I am really just talking to myself and asking myself to become more responsible, accountable, angry or whatever I am venting about to try to change. I think vocalizing my problems or concerns helps me to deal with them and to create a plan to overcome whatever it is I am going through.
Lengthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 AM #35
(dr)
deft

(dr) plays in the PSP
(dr) is an NCPA player
(dr) plays in the APPA D4 division
Angry prayers huh? Sounds like you feel he owes you something. Do you hail Satan? TELL ME BOY, I'M GONNA SHAKE THE DEVILS OUT OF YOU. PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!1?!?!!?!
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:39 AM #36
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
R/P trolls: Being stupid since the beginning of PbN.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:33 AM #37
I hate tv's jon dore
TV's Jon Dore is horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kopp View Post
....for the first time in 7 years. And basically it was just me taking a long drive in my car and praying out loud. I got very angry and some points and very happy at some others.

Right now I don't know how to feel about it. So my question is was it a bad thing for me to basically ***** out God because I feel like he gives me more than I can handle? The whole prayer was just a lot me calling God an ******* for all the **** he put me through and my family and friends through. But I wasn't completely selfish. I prayed for some friends of mine I'm very concerned about. I just feel like when I did have a lot of faith in God my life took a ****. And when I stopped believing for a while it got even ****tier. And now that I'm starting to clean up my life I figured why not try the whole praying and faith thing?

But my main question is, is it a bad thing to ***** out God now and then?

Edit: I just realized I used a lot of profanity. Sorry if it offends anyone.
1) no. god is fine with that.
2) if you like dogma then it is dependant on what branch of christianity you are refering to ( assuming christianity )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
R/P trolls: Being stupid since the beginning of PbN.
too true.
unfortunately the trolls are all pretty funny.
the non trolls are quite irritating.
founding member of crappy pump team for jerks
TEAM MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT
I hate tv's jon dore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 PM #38
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)

Quote:

Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 PM #39
pkl2k3
Yarp

It's normal for us to get upset with God, and even have a lot of trouble understanding his intentions. As a Christian, we can see that even Christ himself felt abandonment and extreme anguish on the cross when all but 2 of his disciples remained with him and God felt distant with all the sufferings he was put through.

I've been through some hard things this last year, and its been a struggle for me too to keep God within me. It's MOST important in these times to remember God will NEVER put more upon you then he knows you can handle. The devil likes to attack us with lots of things that make us doubt a loving God that cares about our lives. But when we trust in ourselves and God's ability to empower us, we will get through.

Trust in yourself, and God. I know it's easier said then done, I know. But take a step back, count your blessings, and cry out to him as you did

pkl2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 AM #40
namedoesntmatter
i hate blowback markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkl2k3 View Post
It's normal for us to get upset with God, and even have a lot of trouble understanding his intentions. As a Christian, we can see that even Christ himself felt abandonment and extreme anguish on the cross when all but 2 of his disciples remained with him and God felt distant with all the sufferings he was put through.

I've been through some hard things this last year, and its been a struggle for me too to keep God within me. It's MOST important in these times to remember God will NEVER put more upon you then he knows you can handle. The devil likes to attack us with lots of things that make us doubt a loving God that cares about our lives. But when we trust in ourselves and God's ability to empower us, we will get through.

Trust in yourself, and God. I know it's easier said then done, I know. But take a step back, count your blessings, and cry out to him as you did

If he won't put anything upon us that we can't handle then how come people die from torture? Or suicide (can't handle thoughts)...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 AM #41
apple face
theres a worm in my brain

Quote:
If he won't put anything upon us that we can't handle then how come people die from torture? Or suicide (can't handle thoughts)...
yah...why did god make me start smoking?
why did god make that guy shoot me last weekend?
why did god make my dog so whinny?
why did god make the wood rot in the addition so I have to spend my weekend fixing it?
why did god make america kill all those civilians in nagasaki?
why did god make the economy collapse?

this "god" guy sure has a weird sense of humor.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 PM #42
pkl2k3
Yarp

Quote:
It's all about hope. There are literally HUNDREDS of stories of saints and famous Christians who underwent unbelievable tortures and suffering for the sake of other and God. People 'die' from torture because it's just biologically what will happen, your physical body can undergo so much damage and stress. I don't have any lack of faith in God because I know if someone stabs me I'll die. It is not the flesh (physical body) that is the main concern for the Christian, but the soul that is eternal and yearns for Love and needs nurturing. One with faith has a soul that can undergo ANY TORTURE and still pull through.

Suicide and depression are extremely rough, they can cause a person to lose all faith in his or herself, others, and God. There's no reason a simple case of the Flu should kill anyone, but if you don't go to the doctor you very well can! Even worse if you go to the wrong doctor (a dentist or optomotrist for instance), you still won't. To the faithful, God empowers and strengthens us to deal with anything. That's the reason the most faithful people in our Church throughout history have been through terrible things but still trusted and loved God. It's really hard to understand God in bad times, but I personally can attest to the comfort and hope the Holy Spirit brings.

Sin is an illness to the christian, it is one THAT WE infected the world with, but our loving God brought the cure. Curing it is a path, salvation is a process by which we draw close to God. If we do not seek the cure (some are curing themselves without even knowing) we will remain ill.

I am not blaming those who give-up through depression or take their lives, or meaning to be being harsh. It's harder than it sounds like I said, and we must not think of God as an unfair and harsh judge but a Loving Father who constantly is caring for his children (us) and attempting to bring us in. When a Father watches his Child walk, does he see him fall and yell and punish him? No, God may push us a little to attempt to walk but those who fall are not on God's bad side, he is simply smiling and wanting us to try and walk to him again no matter how hard we fall.

pkl2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote