Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-10-2009, 12:01 AM #1
Colonel Kopp
A Team Called Panda

Colonel Kopp owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Colonel Kopp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I prayed the other day....

....for the first time in 7 years. And basically it was just me taking a long drive in my car and praying out loud. I got very angry and some points and very happy at some others.

Right now I don't know how to feel about it. So my question is was it a bad thing for me to basically ***** out God because I feel like he gives me more than I can handle? The whole prayer was just a lot me calling God an ******* for all the **** he put me through and my family and friends through. But I wasn't completely selfish. I prayed for some friends of mine I'm very concerned about. I just feel like when I did have a lot of faith in God my life took a ****. And when I stopped believing for a while it got even ****tier. And now that I'm starting to clean up my life I figured why not try the whole praying and faith thing?

But my main question is, is it a bad thing to ***** out God now and then?

Edit: I just realized I used a lot of profanity. Sorry if it offends anyone.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 AM #2
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Which god did you pray to again? Depends on your religion.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:14 AM #3
Colonel Kopp
A Team Called Panda

I'm not sure really....I was raised Lutheran. But it's been 7 years so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I just felt like I needed to pray and get some stuff off my chest.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 AM #4
Lil Roundhouse
Actually Jan '06

Lil Roundhouse plays in the PSP
Lil Roundhouse supports Cereal Killerz 2
Lil Roundhouse is an NCPA player
Lil Roundhouse plays in the APPA D4 division
Good question. From my personal viewpoint. God knows what you are going through so I don't think it's necessary to *****(self censor FTW) out God, but it is fine to tell Him how you feel and ask for help through your troubles. Hope that helps. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions.

DYE APD
ByF8th D2
RIP 23 :(
Lil Roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 AM #5
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Personally, I wouldn't ***** out God, per say. Have a heated rant, yes of course. Call God bad names and point fingers, nah.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:34 AM #6
namedoesntmatter
i hate blowback markers

Doesn't matter, God is going to do what he wants to anyways... no point in really praying..
PMI 72/3000 HUGE *** TANK
namedoesntmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:45 AM #7
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
But I think you need to find out to whom you're talking to before you are concerned about whether or not you offend them. You should find out more about yourself before you can find out about anything else.

I have a suspicion that the God you believed in 7 years ago has changed as much as you over time... find the thing that has remained constant.

=
"No matter where you go, or how hard you try, or what you do, the only person you are ever going to get to be, thank god, is you."
Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 AM #8
cuttlefish32

If God is all knowing, he already knows how you feel, but if saying it out loud helps you deal with it, then thats fine. Also, don't worry if you (whatever that word was) out God, as long as you are truly sorry, he will forgive you.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:53 AM #9
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kopp View Post
First I'm glad to hear you are cleaning up your life as you put it. Not always an easy thing to do.

But to your question - no. (Book of Job comes to my mind anyways)
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 AM #10
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
....for the first time in 7 years. And basically it was just me taking a long drive in my car and praying out loud. I got very angry and some points and very happy at some others.

Right now I don't know how to feel about it. So my question is was it a bad thing for me to basically ***** out God because I feel like he gives me more than I can handle? The whole prayer was just a lot me calling God an ******* for all the **** he put me through and my family and friends through. But I wasn't completely selfish. I prayed for some friends of mine I'm very concerned about. I just feel like when I did have a lot of faith in God my life took a ****. And when I stopped believing for a while it got even ****tier. And now that I'm starting to clean up my life I figured why not try the whole praying and faith thing?

I suggest you see a psychiatrist, and here's why:

1. If you don't believe in God, then you're really just talking to the voices in your head, and that could be a sign of schizophrenia.

2. If you believe that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving, then you're really not angry with God (how can you rationally be angry with someone who is infinitely benevolent and always right?), you're angry with the world, and that can be a sign of depression or bipolar disorder.

3. If you believe that God is all powerful, but not eternally benevolent and maybe even a bit vengeful, then you're really taking a huge risk because God may smite you, and that could be a sign of suicidal tendencies;

4. If you're not really sure what you believe, then you might just be ranting because you like to hear your own voice, and that could be a sign of narcissistic personality disorder.

Whatever the issue, a licensed professional can almost certainly find a medication that is right for you.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 AM #11
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post

1. If you don't believe in God, then you're really just talking to the voices in your head, and that could be a sign of schizophrenia.

2. If you believe that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving, then you're really not angry with God (how can you rationally be angry with someone who is infinitely benevolent and always right?), you're angry with the world, and that can be a sign of depression or bipolar disorder.

3. If you believe that God is all powerful, but not eternally benevolent and maybe even a bit vengeful, then you're really taking a huge risk because God may smite you, and that could be a sign of suicidal tendencies;

4. If you're not really sure what you believe, then you might just be ranting because you like to hear your own voice, and that could be a sign of narcissistic personality disorder.

Whatever the issue, a licensed professional can almost certainly find a medication that is right for you.
awesome
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:06 PM #12
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Yeah Spock can troll with the best of them.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM #13
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Spock's post. It's not a troll job, just his perspective of an answer to this guy's vague, personal question. I don't see anything wrong with it. He's got a point too.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM #14
Јon

Quote:

Weird.
I had very clear, strong Deja Vu while reading this entire post.

Anyways, I agree with Spock. I was reading the OP thinking the exact same points to myself.
Јon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM #15
jivefuzzy
This is how we do

jivefuzzy supports Team VICIOUS
jivefuzzy supports Bob Gurnsey
jivefuzzy supports our troops
jivefuzzy plays in the APPA D5 division
I dont see where the OP was saying he had voices in his head. He stated that he was talking out loud, not voices talking back to him.
So I think we can rule out him being skitzo.

Plus that is a major problem with today, have a problem? push a pill.
just treats the symptoms and not the main problem. No one takes the time anymore to really seek out why these things are happening and the root cause.

This man clearly had alot on his mind, and at times I dont see anything wrong with discussing it with the one he believes created him. He did also mention he was lutheran so the God he was speaking to would have been Jehovah.
aka, I AM, Jesus's Father, etc.

And to Colonel K, hey man, I hear ya, sometimes you just need someone to listen and hear you out, instead of trying to fix it for you etc. So if you feel better taking that long drive and pouring out your heart, then more power to you man. And hope from here on out everything starts going on the up and up for you and your family
#07 Team Vanquish
R.I.P Pinoy Balla Society
jivefuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM #16
Gold Leader (Banned)

Quote:

No, it's not a bad thing to ***** out your God in my opinion. Afterall, he is the grand architect of all your misery and happiness. But talking to yourself (praying) isn't solving any of your problems. The best way to feel better about all this is to actually make change yourself. Which is what most people do anyway whether consciously aware of it or not, then attribute their personal success to their God later.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM #17
nreyaB
Pew Pew Pew

nreyaB helped look for balloons
nreyaB is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:

"Originally posted by DreadLock Doc
I'm a fairly weak person, so I have to rely on tactics that are not very well looked upon, such as biting, eye gouging, flailing about randomly, and running away."
nreyaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 PM #18
Colonel Kopp
A Team Called Panda

Well I do see a psychiatrist once a month. I've been fully off of anti-depressants over a week now. I have suffered from depression since about October 2007 being accompanied by self-injury and suicidal tendencies. But now I believe I am fully mentally healthy. And I'm trying to start cleaning my life up meaning, to stop lying to and manipulating people, stop using drugs(I have actually been about a month and two weeks clean as of now) and generally figure out what I'm doing wrong in life and try to correct it.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM #19
Lil Roundhouse
Actually Jan '06

Lil Roundhouse plays in the PSP
Lil Roundhouse supports Cereal Killerz 2
Lil Roundhouse is an NCPA player
Lil Roundhouse plays in the APPA D4 division
Congratulations on being clean for that long

DYE APD
ByF8th D2
RIP 23 :(
Lil Roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM #20
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
And I'm trying to start cleaning my life up meaning, to stop lying to and manipulating people, stop using drugs(I have actually been about a month and two weeks clean as of now) and generally figure out what I'm doing wrong in life and try to correct it.
Its awesome that you've at least noticed these things, and even more amazing that you're taking steps to improve on them. Most people never make it that far... but it tends to look depressing once you're here. You just need to keep on going, because eventually things get easier.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 PM #21
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
And I'm trying to start cleaning my life up meaning, to stop lying to and manipulating people, stop using drugs(I have actually been about a month and two weeks clean as of now) and generally figure out what I'm doing wrong in life and try to correct it.
And God or no God, you've got the power to do that. If you need to get some **** off your chest in the privacy of your car or something, that's not wrong. Sometimes you just need to yell or let something out, even if no one's there to hear it. When voices start answering, then you've got problems lol.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote