Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 PM #1
Tippman83

Ion XE PRO

Hi, i was wondering if any1 has the XE PRO and has any advice about it? Also i wanted to know if any1 has problems with it. At my local shop i mite be getting it for 265$.
thx!
Tippman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM #2
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

it is a nice marker they shoot the same as any other ion, but they come with more than enough upgrades to justify the price. you should have no problems with it unless you treat your marker like ****. if you maintain it properly you will more than likely have zero problems with it, you will just need to lube it and occasionally change and o-ring or two. my only advice would be if you get it do not spend any more money on it unless something breaks, just don't be one of the people who spends hundred upon hundreds of dollars upgrading it (like i did it was a big mistake i could have bought an sl94 for what i spent on the 3 ions i built). whatever decision you have fun
jasonexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 AM #3
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonexcal View Post
my only advice would be if you get it do not spend any more money on it unless something breaks, just don't be one of the people who spends hundred upon hundreds of dollars upgrading it (like i did it was a big mistake i could have bought an sl94 for what i spent on the 3 ions i built). whatever decision you have fun
Actually as everyone knows getting a QEV is a great investment as it increases efficiency great.

If you decide to upgrade your marker, be smart about it. Check the BST and ebay for deal on new and like new parts. Chances are as long as you stick to good performance parts with good prices. Any loses on them on resale would be minimal.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 PM #4
lstratos

If the place you play gives you free air, you might not care about the qev.. i broke two last week, dont screw them on too tight .

My field gives free air, so when i broke my qev, i didn't care..
lstratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 PM #5
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Clippard/New Designz/ Virtue style QEVs are made of brass and thus are weaker and more prone to breaking from over tightning.

For quick simple installation a SP 360 is the way to go.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:39 PM #6
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

yeah i was not thinking about a qev but that is one great upgrade that is worth spending the money on. they are such a small piece it slipped my mind. like oa said 360 is the way to go they may not flow quite as good but the minimal performance loss versus the ease of installment is well worth it.
jasonexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM #7
Ion_83

What is the best hopper i can get for 85 bucks out there?
Ion_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 PM #8
LotusElise

LotusElise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Right now that would either be the Halo B or Invert Too (a remodeled Reloader B)
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 PM #9
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_83 View Post
What is the best hopper i can get for 85 bucks out there?
It is considered to be "rude" to hijack someone elses thread for your own personal question. You already made a thread and it was moved to the correct forum. Please read PBN and Forum rules before posting