Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 AM #1
iceman085

l7 bolt with sleeper body

i am interested in getting the tech t sleeper body but i know that since i have an ion xe i will hav to get an older breech. my question is that since i am getting an older breech does that mean when i buy the l7 bolt that i need to buy the one that fits a original ion? or do i get the l7 bolt that fits the xe?
iceman085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 02:09 AM #2
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

check out grand canyon paint ball they have bodies that replace everything and they come with a bolt like the l7. they look better and they are cheaper performance will be better (have shot both setups)

edit: you will need the xe version, because the plug attaches to the firing chamber and that will still be the xe firing chamber if you have to change firing chamber as well you will need to get the standard l7 hope it helps

Last edited by jasonexcal : 06-09-2009 at 10:38 PM.
jasonexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:59 AM #3
SHADOWofFAIR

SHADOWofFAIR supports Team VICIOUS
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The only difference I see between the the xe breech and the original ion breach is that the originals breech is threaded for the feed necks and the xe's body is what is threaded for the feed necks (I only own the original so not sure) if you keep the xe's back and use the original breech your going to have to use the l7 for the xe. But I'm not 100% sure on that. I'm sure someone will come along and clear this up for you.

SP original/Ion XE lover right here
SHADOWofFAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM #4
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Yeah SF, I don't see how the bolts differ from one to the other, as my original Ion used a firebolt, and the same firebolt works in my XE conversion. I mean they are the same price, but I believe they are also, the same bolt.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:46 AM #5
iceman085

thanks guys. yea i dont want to buy the xe l7 bolt, get the body and the old breech, then figure out that i need the l7 bolt that fits the original ion lol
iceman085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 AM #6
SHADOWofFAIR

SHADOWofFAIR supports Team VICIOUS
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Actually I really don't know what the difference is between the the xe l7 bolt and original l7 bolt iv seen both of these in person and they are virtually identicle but once again idk.

Spug where are yo00000u?

SP original/Ion XE lover right here
SHADOWofFAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 AM #7
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
Ok, here's the answer.

You need an original ion breech, and an L7 for the original ion. I think you can buy the sleeper/L7 combo all together on TechT's site.

Firing chamber really doesn't matter at all, since the sleeper has it's own firing chamber.

The only difference between the original ion L7 and the L7 for the XE is the outer diameter of the bolt stop, the actual bolt is identical.

You will also need an ion/impulse threaded feedneck to use with the original ion breech.
spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 AM #8
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by spug View Post
Ok, here's the answer.

You need an original ion breech, and an L7 for the original ion. I think you can buy the sleeper/L7 combo all together on TechT's site.

Firing chamber really doesn't matter at all, since the sleeper has it's own firing chamber.

The only difference between the original ion L7 and the L7 for the XE is the outer diameter of the bolt stop, the actual bolt is identical.

You will also need an ion/impulse threaded feedneck to use with the original ion breech.
Big Dot here