PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM #1
Awall0502

i want your comments/suggestions...

this is andrea, the head ref you all love to hate. ha ha

i want to use this thread for any comments or questions you guys have. i believe strongly in constructive criticism and want to know what you guys need to make the events better for you.

i always want every team to leave happy, but i know that is not entirely possible. the only thing i want you guys to keep in mind is that i take heat from you guys for every problem in the series, even if i am not personally the one who made the call or decision. and under-staffing has been a major issue of why i have had to be involved sooo much in the games and problems, but hopefully that wil be solved next tournament and i can focus on my own job.

however, like i previously stated i want you guys to be happy.
so... what can i do for you guys to make you happy teams?
lemme know and i will do my best to see that things are changed and made better for you all!
Awall0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 PM #2
angelballa93

I have no beef with you and I sensed your frustration with the reffing package whether there was or not, it appearred to be there. I am sure you will not have that problem in the future. I do suggest a more hands on approach in placement and responsibilities given to the more inexperienced refs on the fields. There was a lot of refs making calls from across field and on some instances from the fifty to the opposite corner, why was he even looking there? Don't know.

I really appreciate your being at all the events and can't wait to see you at BG.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8

Last edited by angelballa93 : 06-08-2009 at 10:23 PM.
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 PM #3
writersen
Communist Cyborg Trainer

writersen is BST Trusted
writersen plays in the USPL
writersen plays in the PSP
writersen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU ARE ON A FIELD WITH LIVE GUNS
even if a player is injured, there were live guns on the field when you ran out there. you need to abide by the same rules you make the players abide by.

Don't ref from the sidelines. If your going to make a call, be on the field. Don't argue with 5 of your refs on a call you couldn't even see from the score box.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 PM #4
angelballa93

I didn't see what happened with you guys but the Ultimate Ref doesn't go on the field. They resolve issues as they happen with the power to make the final decision as they see it or it is explained to them by the head ref on the field and the players and coaches.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
Old 06-08-2009, 10:41 PM #5
maddawg8018
Hi.

=0

Last edited by maddawg8018 : 06-08-2009 at 10:43 PM.
maddawg8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:41 PM #6
undertow00

undertow00 plays in the PSP
undertow00 plays in the APPA D2 division
ok, so i think the series is great and you do a good job andrea, i have played many national events and one thing that i am used to is consistancy, it seems like there are too many people in charge of things and one person says one thing and someone else says another. you are the "head ref" and everything should be okayed or denied by you, not this "well he said this and you say this" or "the PSP does this but we dont" stuff happining. there needs to be a common ground where certain stuff is the way it should be because this is a "feeder" series for the PSP. if it says that the rules are supposed to be exactly the same as PSP than make it that way, NO EXEPTIONS. if not than make it aware to all teams so that it is fair to everyone. i know how hard it is to run a paintball tourny and i know no matter what happens at an event nobody is happy with the refs. thats what happens when you give a bunch of people guns to shoot other people. but the majority of people that complain are the ones whom have never reffed a tournament and they dont know how fast things can happen and if a ref delays for even a second something good or bad will come of it. there is not alot to be fixed just a few minor details. definatly seemed more organized than the first one. keep it up and see you in a month
RIDE OR DIE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RIP PG
"what is montana"
IF YOU HAVE YOUR SETUP IN YOUR SIG YOUR A NOOB
www.pbasylum.com
undertow00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 PM #7
gprice

gprice donated to help Peyton Trent
This was my first MSXL event, I had a Blast. With that said. The one thing that I believe was a major problem was the amount of influence the Sideline coaches and spectators had on the refs.I saw several instances where it is my opinion the refs overreacted because some one was screaming at them. I am also gonna go out on a limb and suggest to you, Do not scream at your refs from outside the net.. Guys get a little embarrassed when there is a woman half their size, that is their BACK UP against the players screaming at them in front of God and everyone at the event. I think you would of got a better response if you callled a time out between points and had a private talk with them. Once again just my thoughts on the subject. I truly hope it helps..
gprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 PM #8
writersen
Communist Cyborg Trainer

writersen is BST Trusted
writersen plays in the USPL
writersen plays in the PSP
writersen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballa93 View Post
I didn't see what happened with you guys but the Ultimate Ref doesn't go on the field. They resolve issues as they happen with the power to make the final decision as they see it or it is explained to them by the head ref on the field and the players and coaches.
by your words the head ref should not make on field calls, ie eliminating a player or deciding if the flag was hung before the buzzer sounded, correct? just making sure i'm understanding you correctly.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:34 PM #9
p8ntballbulldog

Only thing ima say is... as head ref your word should be the final word... wether right or wrong... the swaying of calls after you make ur judgement needs to change.. Hope to seeyou all in BG
Adam Geis Fan #41

Flip Syde

www.pgpaintball.net
p8ntballbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:27 AM #10
ionballer00
NK...

ionballer00 plays in the PSP
ionballer00 is an NCPA player
ionballer00 plays in the APPA D4 division
i honestly think the event would of went smoother with atleast 10 refs per field...if thats not possible...then yank the fields home team out of the event and they have to ref

you get to drop one score...
Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 AM #11
Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionballer00 View Post
i honestly think the event would of went smoother with atleast 10 refs per field...if thats not possible...then yank the fields home team out of the event and they have to ref

you get to drop one score...
We are looking into doing exactly that. PSP does not award reffing points as series points though, this is the only issue the teams have with it. Next year we will have six events and you will be able to drop 2 lowest scores so it should be better percentage wise for those home teams to ref an event and still drop 1 lowest score.

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM #12
mrof

mrof plays in the PSP
mrof owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
mrof plays in the APPA D3 division
my best advice as a ref and working with unexperienced refs is take the judgment away for example if you have a hit any where on the front of your body and move down the field shoot your gun once 1 for 1 right away and that may be the best way to do it and build off of that base
mrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM #13
SkInNyB
B GATES

Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
the sideline reffing got a little out of hand a few times for sure
FREE AGENT

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 AM #14
woahzach

personally i think calls should be made on the field and not off the field regardless, someone yelling whether it is a head ref, or a ref, or a spectator off the field should never be the reason a call is made.. maybe influence AFTER a call but not during, a call is a call whether it be bad or not but i would rather be pulled by a ref on the field calling the call and not a ref that was only pulling you because of someone yelling on the other side of the net. refs ON FIELD not OFF FIELD

Last edited by woahzach : 06-10-2009 at 03:25 AM.
woahzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:30 AM #15
woahzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballa93 View Post
im also confused... so a ref that possibly doesnt see anything can control everything?
woahzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 AM #16
angelballa93

Quote:
Originally Posted by woahzach View Post
im also confused... so a ref that possibly doesnt see anything can control everything?
Yep!! They are not the ultimate Ref for nothing.

Maybe Andrea can come in here and clear this all up.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
Old 06-10-2009, 09:01 AM #17
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Is she the Ultimate Ref or the Head ref? The head ref is one per field and they control the refs on each field. Generally they run the on field score keeping too. The ultimate is just that, the ultimate. The one that has full say over all aspects of the rules and reffing. Ultimate's most always have a copy of the rules on them to reference when needed. The head refs rarely leave the field. The ultimate floats between fields and score keeping and rarely makes a live call as that's the field and head ref's job. In no way are any of the refs to sway the outcome of the games due to personal piques and quarrels. Not even if they find a member of a team "cute" and want them to win.
I get the feeling there is some confusion of what the specific requirements are for the ref positions.
Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:27 AM #18
angelballa93

She is the ultimate REF. A PSP D-1 ref with experience at PSP events.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM #19
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Was the experience as a field ref, head ref or ultimate ref? How many events?
Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM #20
angelballa93

Don't know. You are gonna have to ask her.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
Old 06-10-2009, 11:17 AM #21
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member