Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM #1
meistah

98C upgrades for me

Hey all, I've been out of the game for a couple years now, but I'm going to start playing again in a few weeks. I just took my gun out of storage and I'm wondering where I should go from here...
I've had it for about 8 years, and im going to have to get a couple new things for it anyways. (screws are pretty rusty/stripped so I'll have to get a screw kit and replace those.) But now that I have a career and decent income and whatnot I was thinking of buying a few new bells and whistles. Or possibly a new gun.
It's just a 98C w/ a 14" SP progressive barrel and double trigger, polished internals and the spring mod for the trigger.
I've been eyeing up the a5, and had the opportunity to use it a few times, and while it is nice, I don't know if its worth investing in as I will only be paintballing casually.
Just looking for some input. I would like to run air instead of c02 (cant quite remember what I will need to get for that to work with the gun though), maybe get a cyclone feed system (although I never had many problems with the gun not shooting fast enough.) I know theres alot of new product on the market since I stopped paintballing so I'm open to any ideas.
If I keep the gun I think $200 seems reasonable for a price limit... and If i was to sell it for a few bucks and get a new one, I would say around $400 would be my price limit.
meistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 PM #2
guitardude769

If your goin to upgrade your gun, get the flatline barrel or a longer barrel. DO NOT GET THE AK47 KIT! I put it on my gun and now it shoots like 20 feet to the left. Also, I would recommend getting an electric marker. If you still want a tippman, get the X7, not the A5.
guitardude769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 AM #3
AZN572

do not get the x7 its the same as a a5 but in a different body and cost alot more ... if i were to get a new gun if i were u i would get a sp1 ... if not upgrades you should get is a cyclone feed or a flatline or response trigger
AZN572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 AM #4
meistah

I appreciate the input, the x7 doesnt seem like a very good deal but the cyclone feed system and upgraded trigger does (i remember the flatline barrel having problems with the 98, but apparently theres a newer version of it?).... That being said, I have come across a local deal for the following

Tippmann A5 w/ E-grip
14" SP all american barrel
sight mount w/ sight
mp5 mag
m4 stock
army gun case
all for $240
I know alot of that is just useless cosmetic upgrades, but it seems like a good deal and is in excellent condition, I could probably sell my current gun and part out some of those useless parts to get a compressed air tank and flatline barrel for the A5
Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM #5
meistah

good deal, yay or nay?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 PM #6
BoKnows
Awaiting Anointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardude769 View Post
If your goin to upgrade your gun, get the flatline barrel or a longer barrel. DO NOT GET THE AK47 KIT! I put it on my gun and now it shoots like 20 feet to the left. Also, I would recommend getting an electric marker. If you still want a tippman, get the X7, not the A5.
Dude, this is the second thread you've said that in, and I must ask again: Are you sure you put that kit on correctly? The AK47 kit has nothing to do with the operation of the gun. Nothing. It is aesthetics only. You either did something wrong or something you weren't supposed to do.

*Tippmann A-5 Stealth w/ R/T - Olive Drab paint job
*SmartParts Epiphany
*Spyder TL-X w/ Freak barrel, Imagine Frame - Olive Drab paint job
BoKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:58 PM #7
meistah

yes obviously its a stupid comment because its an aesthetic addon and he must have done something wrong, and im not going to go buy the x7 or an electric marker...

but what about the a5 w/ listed ups for 240????? I want to go buy it tomorrow so I would like some input before then.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 PM #8
BoKnows
Awaiting Anointment...

It sounds like an OK deal, does the EGrip have the external selector switch? The older EGrip was a pain in the *** when switching modes. That feature alone would cause me to think twice.

But...You say you're not wanting to buy an electric marker, so why consider the EGrip?

Personally, I have an A5 with the R/T and Flatline and it works great when playing woodsball. I would recommend it to most people. (The sole reason I bought the R/T was because I also wanted nothing to with an electric gun for woodsball. No batteries to carry and the rate of fire was dedicated to my trigger finger, not a switch or allen key.)

*Tippmann A-5 Stealth w/ R/T - Olive Drab paint job
*SmartParts Epiphany
*Spyder TL-X w/ Freak barrel, Imagine Frame - Olive Drab paint job
BoKnows is offline   Reply With Quote