Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM #1
DeathMachine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
x 7 flatline barrel. Trouble?

Anyone having trouble with the flatline for the x7 mine seems to work fine but if one ball breaks in the barrel all hell breaks lose, and it just sprays paint after that. ive had tippmanns for my whole paintball life and ive never had a barrel do this.i shot about 5000 rounds through it before it started this problem. i used xball paintballs from sports athourity never had problems with them before.
DeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2009, 03:25 PM #2
BoKnows
Awaiting Anointment...
 
BoKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Big Sky Country
I would take the Flatline off, swab it, then squeegee it. Also, swab the gun. Check for any debris both in the gun and barrel. Make sure that the set screw is holding the barrel straight. Other than that, no idea. Good luck.
__________________
I don't care how much you spent on your shiny new gun, you'll be out first.


*Tippmann A-5 Stealth w/ R/T - Olive Drab paint job
*SmartParts Epiphany
*Spyder TL-X w/ Freak barrel, Imagine Frame - Olive Drab paint job
BoKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:29 PM #3
DeathMachine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnows View Post
I would take the Flatline off, swab it, then squeegee it. Also, swab the gun. Check for any debris both in the gun and barrel. Make sure that the set screw is holding the barrel straight. Other than that, no idea. Good luck.
damn did all that i was hopping i missed something lol Thanks anyway.i herd that the barrels are supposed to be kinda rough inside and not smooth, that its supposed to be sand blasted like once a year, anyone know about that?

and i know its not the gun because i put the stock barrel on and it doesnt have that problem if a ball breaks it just cleans it self out for the most part.

ill just have to bring it to the field i guess and see what happends maybe someone there knows.
DeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:57 PM #4
RAM_GOW
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
RAM_GOW donated to help Peyton Trent
Try using paintballs with a harder shell...
__________________
Formerly of Team Gods of War.
RAM_GOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 PM #5
Poohchel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMachine View Post
damn did all that i was hopping i missed something lol Thanks anyway.i herd that the barrels are supposed to be kinda rough inside and not smooth, that its supposed to be sand blasted like once a year, anyone know about that?

and i know its not the gun because i put the stock barrel on and it doesnt have that problem if a ball breaks it just cleans it self out for the most part.

ill just have to bring it to the field i guess and see what happends maybe someone there knows.
Yes inside is suppose to be rough to put spin on balls.
I think it also depends on your usuage if you talk about re-service the inner.

flatline and cyclone are kinda rough on balls, I used proball (pink/blue) they never ever breaks because the shell is kinda thick.
I tried weapon grade, it breaks all the time because the shell is thin.
So..it really depends on what balls you using. thincker shell = golden.

if it breaks and you lazy, just keep shooting, about 20balls full auto , it will back to pretty normal. (but remember to take it out and clean it after you done for the day)
Poohchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:05 PM #6
DeathMachine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM_GOW View Post
Try using paintballs with a harder shell...
the shell on the paintballs that i used are harder then any other shell that you can get for under 55 a case but i was thinking that it would help but i didnt have a problem at all using the paint i use until one day out of the blue. im going to use marbs next time i go to just check it maybe i had a bad box last time or something.
DeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM #7
DeathMachine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohchel View Post
Yes inside is suppose to be rough to put spin on balls.
I think it also depends on your usuage if you talk about re-service the inner.

flatline and cyclone are kinda rough on balls, I used proball (pink/blue) they never ever breaks because the shell is kinda thick.
I tried weapon grade, it breaks all the time because the shell is thin.
So..it really depends on what balls you using. thincker shell = golden.

if it breaks and you lazy, just keep shooting, about 20balls full auto , it will back to pretty normal. (but remember to take it out and clean it after you done for the day)
proball huh? ill have to try those. thanks for the reply.
DeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM #8
RumRogue
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Topeka
might check your velocity.

My A5 Flatline started tearing up paint and after some research I turned it down to 265. After that my barrel breaks dropped to about 2 per case. With no breaks for several cases.
run warm tap water through it to help clean out all the excess crap and dry it out real well. Only warm water, do use cold water after the warm. let it cool off naturally.
RumRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 AM #9
DeathMachine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
my velocity is at 270 since the giant big game and it shoots great like it always has until it has a break after about 100 shoots then its crap until i clean the barrel ive done all the things that come easy to my mind and cleaned it and everything so its got to be the barrel or a few crappy cases of paint that are normaly not that crappy so i think its a bad batch of the paint or the barrel it was free from tippmann.
DeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM #10
RumRogue
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Topeka
I dont have any other suggestions ot this point.
I wonder if Flatlines wear out?
I know the set screw finally gave up the ghost and I shot the barrel out of the shroud. Never could get it to stay in after that. ( I got an APex then)
RumRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM #11
Wamba
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
#1 you shouldn't mess with your alignment screw but the first time you need to align it. That should be sent to Tippman for service, as it is a faulty part if it shot the barrel out of the shroud.

#2 I boil my barrel after every scenario. It comes out shooting like new. You don't need to have the inside reblasted for at least 1 year of heavy use.

#3 Trying to squeegee a flatline is almost pointless. Pull the barrel, run some water through it, and game on. The squeegee will normally just mash more broken paint into the rough crevices inside the barrel, at which point you loose friction that spins the ball, effectively throwing shot accuracy and consistancy out the door.

It's an HIGH MAINTENANCE barrel to be sure. But if you shoot small enough paint through it, and keep it clean, it will earn every $$ you spent to get it.
Wamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 AM #12
DeathMachine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamba View Post
#1 you shouldn't mess with your alignment screw but the first time you need to align it. That should be sent to Tippman for service, as it is a faulty part if it shot the barrel out of the shroud.

#2 I boil my barrel after every scenario. It comes out shooting like new. You don't need to have the inside reblasted for at least 1 year of heavy use.

#3 Trying to squeegee a flatline is almost pointless. Pull the barrel, run some water through it, and game on. The squeegee will normally just mash more broken paint into the rough crevices inside the barrel, at which point you loose friction that spins the ball, effectively throwing shot accuracy and consistancy out the door.

It's an HIGH MAINTENANCE barrel to be sure. But if you shoot small enough paint through it, and keep it clean, it will earn every $$ you spent to get it.
thanks but already kinda new all that and i would send it in to tippmann if it shot out the shroud lol and i got it for free so what ever i guess ill ask tippmann.
DeathMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump