PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-07-2009, 07:20 PM #1
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Dinosaur BBQ

Who here from Central New York loves Dinosaur BBQ? Seriously it is the most delicious food you can get in NY, and probably some of the best BBQ in the nation.

I always get the Three Hombres, which is Brisket, ribs, and pulled pork with two sides. They have the best ****ing coleslaw and loaded fries. Mix the fries and slaw and it is win.

Discuss, or hate on northerners doing BBQ better.
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Fromage_redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM #2
Tomcat Bravo
Boyz-N-the-Hood

Whenever i go to syracuse its gotta be a day trip with Brooklyn Pickle for lunch, and Dinosaur bbq for dinner.
Tomcat Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:20 AM #3
XLoser Townie GuyX

XLoser Townie GuyX is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
have you been to the south and compared? i have a very hard time believing it would be better. i lived in Md for a few years and it was hard/if not impossible to find sweet tea,and if you did it was horrible and watered down, and even harder to find edible bbq(if you did it was in a crappy chain restaurant,and just ok)

Cocker,14" Kaner,Sonic reg(red),Palmer ram,Dye 4-way,Shocktech Bolt,Rat 2,kapp front block(crome),kapp dragon backblock,(crome),benchmark 45 frame, triger pants(red).
XLoser Townie GuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 PM #4
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...as_best_b.html

also, yes i have eaten southern bbq, I prefer dino to all Ive had down south
"Originally posted by WoW Poster: You "fixed" it four times last night. Now it's broken again. Seriously, you're as good at fixing things as an epileptic child putting together a puzzle with a flashlight going on in front of him.
"Originally posted by Spade914: Don't listen to them broseph, I feel fo ya. I just got this easy bake oven, and its confusing as **** too."

Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM #5
XLoser Townie GuyX

i will have to try it next time i am in ny, i didn't realize they had bbq. still skeptical tho. more people in ny are gonna go out of there way for an internet pole than any southern person i know(most of them have dile-up if anything) they have better things to do, and it is only 3 other joints they were compared with(none of which i have i have heard of). im not calling you out, just like i sayed, its just hard to believe.

Cocker,14" Kaner,Sonic reg(red),Palmer ram,Dye 4-way,Shocktech Bolt,Rat 2,kapp front block(crome),kapp dragon backblock,(crome),benchmark 45 frame, triger pants(red).
Old 06-08-2009, 10:18 PM #6
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

lol at you thinking the best bbq in the nation is in NY
I'm inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:24 AM #7
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ill tell you right now, the best bbq place in the nation is definitely NOT in new york.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM #8
BunkerKing35
It's a Festivus Miracle!

BunkerKing35 is a Supporting Member
I ordered the book about Dinosaur BBQ after hearing about it from a friend. It has a ton of their recipes in it, and every single one I've made is incredibly delicious. Whenever I get to upstate NY, I'm going to make it a priority to eat there.

As for having the best bbq in the nation, I'm not too sure about that. Just with so many different regional styles and differences, it's impossible to declare a top bbq.

FCBarcelona

Flickr
BunkerKing35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 PM #9
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
**** yes.

Incidentally, there's a newish location in NYC. Might be easier for some people to make it to.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:50 PM #10
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko34256 View Post
ill tell you right now, the best bbq place in the nation is definitely NOT in new york.
A location doesn't make it any better or worse, also, you can't be sure you are right. You have not had dinosaur bbq, which is amazing, classic bbq.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:58 PM #11
BunkerKing35
It's a Festivus Miracle!

BunkerKing35 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bagel View Post
**** yes.

Incidentally, there's a newish location in NYC. Might be easier for some people to make it to.
Oh, if that's true, I'm going to have to stop by this summer.

FCBarcelona

Flickr
BunkerKing35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 PM #12
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLoser Townie GuyX View Post
i will have to try it next time i am in ny, i didn't realize they had bbq. still skeptical tho. more people in ny are gonna go out of there way for an internet pole than any southern person i know(most of them have dile-up if anything) they have better things to do, and it is only 3 other joints they were compared with(none of which i have i have heard of). im not calling you out, just like i sayed, its just hard to believe.
They have better things to do? Perhaps getting an education should be one of them...what a pretentious thing to say.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 AM #13
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLoser Townie GuyX View Post
have you been to the south and compared? i have a very hard time believing it would be better. i lived in Md for a few years and it was hard/if not impossible to find sweet tea,and if you did it was horrible and watered down, and even harder to find edible bbq(if you did it was in a crappy chain restaurant,and just ok)
This dude just doesn't know the glory that is Memphis BBQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm inebriated View Post
Seriously. I live in New York, BBQ here generally sucks.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 AM #14
XLoser Townie GuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
They have better things to do? Perhaps getting an education should be one of them...what a pretentious thing to say.
i wish i had an education, i started working construction full time my 9th grade year. if it is to painful to read my post, skip it.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM #15
xsvwut? (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm inebriated View Post
this.
xsvwut? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 PM #16
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko34256 View Post
no ****, right

northerners thinking that they know barbeque is laughable at best, criminal at worst
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 PM #17
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Get off your high horse guys, just because it's in the north doesnt mean they don't know what the **** they are doing. I know you guys cling so hard to having the best barbeque, because if you don't have that what are you known for? Calling soda coke and rodeos?

To say Dinosaur BBQ is not legit without having tried it is ignorant, I have family in WV, North and South Carolina, and a great aunt in tennessee and the BBQ down there was great, but not as good as Dinosaur BBQ.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM #18
undirected (Banned)

i'm not doubting that it's good barbeque, but to say that it is better than real southern barbeque is ****ing hilarious
undirected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM #19
Tomcat Bravo
Boyz-N-the-Hood

I've been to both Dino and southern bbq's and there are some parts are better for instance all the sauce and sides are better at the Dino but the meat quality is better down south. Its not like just cause its in new york its a whole different style. They are pretty close.
Tomcat Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 PM #20
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by undirected View Post
no ****, right

northerners thinking that they know barbeque is laughable at best, criminal at worst
North Carolina =/= south

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM #21
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by undirected View Post
i'm not doubting that it's good barbeque, but to say that it is better than real southern barbeque is ****ing hilarious
To say that just because it's not in the south it can't be "real" is rediculous. What if a southern bbq moved to NY and opened house? Would it be different? No. These people got the secret down, and improved on it. Talking to southeners is like smashing your head into a brick wall.