Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2015, 11:24 AM #1
Prometheus079

Tippman A5 w/Apex 2 barrel...shroud?

I have been saving up to get a a5 with an apex2 barrel, ive read that its the best. Is it possible to get a shroud to go on the a5 as well ive read the apex barrel is thick. Thanks for the help im new to paintball ive played a little but i really want to get into it.
Prometheus079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2015, 06:42 PM #2
chodeyg
sprezzatura

hey, since you didnt get a response, im not sure if a shroud would fit on your setup or not. i would say since you are still saving up, dont even worry about a shroud. it would be extra money that wouldnt make your gun shoot any better.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:00 AM #3
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
I agree with the above. I used to have an a5 with lapco bigshot apex2 and it shot amazing. The shroud is unnecessary at first, if any upgrades are needed that I would say polish your internals, HPA, and soft paddles in the cyclone. I had a perfectly tuned RT and I would still take that any day over my electro's. Only reason I don't is because the a5 "disappeared"

You can pick them up with some upgrades on here pretty cheap usually
reshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:34 AM #4
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
I got my current A-5 off craigslist for $10... (they had the listing as "a5 gun") Also look for mispellings of "tipman" or "tippman". Instead of Tippmann

I love the apex tip, but only set it on 3 clicks or 4 max any more than that and it will do funky things with the paint. Also the stock Apex barrel is ok, but you can pair it with a higher end barrel and have a much better shooting gun. Course, paint is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing you buy, and when starting, it takes a while to learn to always buy good paint... You have to look at each bag and make sure they are not dimpled or mis-shaped.

Keep your velocity at 280 with any backspin system. And when you get your A-5, watch this video to learn how to dial it in.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM #5
VirtualAndy

I was also interested in getting an apex tip but I think I've screwed myself cause i put on a g36c shroud and bought to short of a lapco barrel
VirtualAndy is offline   Reply With Quote