Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2010, 02:36 PM #1
Shemp 5
"Agglet"

Shemp 5 is playing at Living Legends V
Shemp 5 supports DLX Technology
Atheism

Post up your thoughts and comments on atheism. Why are/would you be atheist.

Agg Mafia/DaLuxe Mob/Ego Mafia
Shemp 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM #2
Synaptic
antirevelation

No reason to be imo. Agnosticism seems like the only logical choice when it comes to this stuff.
Synaptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM #3
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Look two threads down. Unless your intent is to discuss the merits and/or inadequacies of atheism. In that case, maybe clarify and guide the discussion a little more.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM #4
Shemp 5
"Agglet"

The reason of the thread is to talk of why you are/aren't athiest and your opinion of it in general

Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM #5
pok3ypup
woof woof

There is no god. That about sums it up.
XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1
pok3ypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM #6
nflvikings
It's fizzix.

nflvikings is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Look two threads down. Unless your intent is to discuss the merits and/or inadequacies of atheism. In that case, maybe clarify and guide the discussion a little more.
This.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:01 PM #7
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
There is no evidence for the existence of a god or gods, therefore I don't believe in it/them.

See how simple that is?

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM #8
wavesport001

What about the proof that the bible is a divinely inspired historically accurate document that therefore proves it's truth? How can you stand in the light of those facts and deny god?

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 PM #9
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
No reason to be imo. Agnosticism seems like the only logical choice when it comes to this stuff.
Maybe I am incorrectly splitting hairs here, but I thought it was completely possible to be an agnostic atheist/theist. I always though the definition of an agnostic was that they believe you cannot ever prove that this is or is not a god. I would say any theist or atheist who wants to be taken seriously would have to admit that agnosticism is pretty much necessary for both sides. As an atheist, I believe it is impossible to prove or disprove god, since religion pretty much defines god in a way that would make it impossible to disprove him. However, I think is highly unlikely that there is a god as people classically define him, so I am also an atheist.

I would say the only people who are not agnostic are bat**** crazy religious people who spew things like, "I know there is a god because I feel him in my heart," whom in my opionion, are usually as dumb as a rock and make smart, rational (well, more rational anyway) religious people look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
There is no evidence for the existence of a god or gods, therefore I don't believe in it/them.

See how simple that is?
Yeah that's about it.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:28 PM #10
babsa_90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
What about the proof that the bible is a divinely inspired historically accurate document that therefore proves it's truth? How can you stand in the light of those facts and deny god?
I was just wondering: What exactly makes it historically accurate? Secondly, if we were to assume it WAS historically accurate, why would that prove that everything else in the "document" is also true?

Kangaroos are marsupials. I can shoot laser beams from my eyes.

See what i did there?
babsa_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM #11
Dynamopbers

Theism creates fear, atheism doesn't necessarily lead to a definitive truth. How can humans be free if God created us? We clearly have freedom, and do not act in the image of God, nor has civilization led us to the image of God. The very thought of atheism implies the idea of a God, so if you are atheist you are aware of the potential of a God.

The problem is everyone is looking outside for answers.
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM #12
Sunshine86
Equality 7-2521

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
Maybe I am incorrectly splitting hairs here, but I thought it was completely possible to be an agnostic atheist/theist. I always though the definition of an agnostic was that they believe you cannot ever prove that this is or is not a god. I would say any theist or atheist who wants to be taken seriously would have to admit that agnosticism is pretty much necessary for both sides. As an atheist, I believe it is impossible to prove or disprove god, since religion pretty much defines god in a way that would make it impossible to disprove him. However, I think is highly unlikely that there is a god as people classically define him, so I am also an atheist.

I would say the only people who are not agnostic are bat**** crazy religious people who spew things like, "I know there is a god because I feel him in my heart," whom in my opionion, are usually as dumb as a rock and make smart, rational (well, more rational anyway) religious people look bad.
I can't really say much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsa_90 View Post
I was just wondering: What exactly makes it historically accurate? Secondly, if we were to assume it WAS historically accurate, why would that prove that everything else in the "document" is also true?

Kangaroos are marsupials. I can shoot laser beams from my eyes.

See what i did there?
You dun got trolled.
Sunshine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:33 PM #13
Shemp 5
"Agglet"

some very good points here and i agree with most of them... there is no evidence of a god. i dont care if you say the bible is evidence, for all we know it could have been written by a crack addict in the time who was just seeing things

Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 AM #14
babsa_90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine86 View Post
I can't really say much more than that.

You dun got trolled.
Ohhhh lawdy
babsa_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 AM #15
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

I suppose I would have to group myself in this agnostic/theist group, although I would say I tend to lean more towards the theist side, to be fair.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 AM #16
Revanchist

Revanchist owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
I would say the only people who are not agnostic are bat**** crazy religious people who spew things like, "I know there is a god because I feel him in my heart..
I like to tell them thats heartburn
"Have an antacid"
Revanchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:29 PM #17
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Crap. You had to bring that up, didn't you? I'm so convinced, just like that.

Anyone know if a couple good churches in the Philadelphia area I could check out?

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:06 PM #18
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsilentassassins View Post
I suppose I would have to group myself in this agnostic/theist group, although I would say I tend to lean more towards the theist side, to be fair.
You are creating an unnecessary dichotomy between theist and agnostic.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:12 PM #19
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

I'm 0% agnostic and 0% atheist. I fully 100% believe in God without a shadow of doubt in my mind.
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 PM #20
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
I'm 0% agnostic and 0% atheist. I fully 100% believe in God without a shadow of doubt in my mind.
Yes we all know you are a muslim.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM #21
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
atheist are chill

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote