PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-10-2003, 09:54 PM #1
loco

has been a member for 10 years
FPS too high- what would U do?

Hey boys and girls- I am so stoked to know you guys exist.

Anyways... I own the omen- traded in my cocker and blah blah blah, here I am. I play at a couple different fields. One is indoor and the fps limit is 225 (yeah I know... but I like the field). I can't get my omen to shoot that low with out running into problems- I can get down to 245 no prob. But when I get lower than that I can get about 30 shots and suddenly the reg starves and the gun braaappss.

I realize that I could get a different reg- but I like the one it comes with and I'd rather spend the dinero on paint. What would you do?

Normally - i can fix things and figure it out- but the newness of the gun and the lack of aftermarket parts has me scratchin my head.

thanks- and later
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2003, 10:15 PM #2
Mcot2

it should shoot that low no problem....

What you need to do is take the smallest allen key they give you, and turn the little screw on the upper half of the gun (left side). Once u find this tiny screw hole, use your small allen key and turn it in all the way until it LIGHTLY hits something and you arnt able to turn it anymore without using force. That is the recock screw, you have just turned your recock to 0.

Now, shooting over a chrono, adjust your reg until it is at the desired fps. NOTE: To shoot the gun you have to manually pull back the back block after each shot, because there is no recock. Now, once you have the fps you want, adjust that little screw ******ds until the gun will recock itself and then give it another small turn.

Um all I can say is that my detonator works to 200 fps then the cup seal leakes because it is too low of a pressure.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 PM #3
snipers002
A1C

make sure u shoot at around 235 fps with the recock pressure at 0. when u adjust hte recock, itll be around 225. u can also adjust the velocity by adjusting the spring tension behind the hammer. just look in the owners manual.

feedback
feedback #2
ego fs(pics)
Old 09-10-2003, 10:27 PM #4
Mcot2

the spring tention? It is late ill have to break out my manual tommrow.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:53 AM #5
luisodude

ya on the back block the little adjustable thing above the cocking rod i think