View Poll Results: Rev-i or Vice
DP Rev-i 0 0%
BL Vice 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 AM #1
Gundy_G

Buying First Speedball Gun: Rev-i vs Vice

For the longest time I always viewed speedball guns as glorified Walmart guns, those shiny colorful guns nubs bring to games only to have them break within a game or two. So these ones have electric goodies in their grips, big deal so does my A5, so they're nice and light, well too bad I like some heft. I'd seen some youtube videos but was utterly uncompelled to heed speedball guns any attention.

Boy was that a massive mistake.

A friend of mine recently whipped out a Bob Long Vice and i got all jittery, rightfully so. I'd never seen one in person. He proceeded to load it, it already being chrono'd and my being on the opposite team, I did not have a chance to see this thing in action until both our teams shouted they were ready and we charged across the battlefield.

My team got wtfpwnd

This thing was more amazing than my little e gripped a5 could ever hope to be. And now I realize instead of throwing money into my A5, it's time to make an upgrade in my life. It's so light, and uses the much cleaner HPA. That day I fast fell in love with this new kind of gun in my life I'd never bothered to research. I've been shopping around and am nearly ready to take the plunge.

Having posted a similar topic in another forum I learned the Vice was my best choice for a gun, best bang for the buck they said, plus a great reputation, but that poll was posted before I checked out the Rev-i. Don't be hating because you've ONLY HEARD about the bounce issues, I'm sure anyone with patience and a screw driver can fix any problem there is. I really like the included barrel kit and the nice case it comes with, big selling points for me and it would justify my forking over a little more cash too. So I'm hung up on two final issues: popular vote, and bps. I know with 4C eyes you can shoot out a lot more ammunition in the Vice but I was wondering what sort of bps you get out of the Rev-i. I woodsball and like to shoot forward keeping my opponents pinned and move up in short sprints so scaring them into staying low is a big deal. I need to empty my balls on them quick (some things you can only say in paintball) and with the guys I play with at least, more bps means they're more likely to stay down behind cover so I can move in for the kill.

input is much appreciated

-G

EDIT: noooo i forgot the poll
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 AM #2
AggiePBaller
Go Aggies! Whoop!

AggiePBaller donated to help Peyton Trent
Since you accidently overlooked the rules for Paintball Talk - Here is a link. You might also want to check out the Ultimate Sticky located at the top of the threads list. It has a lot of good resources in it.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything" -Wyatt Earp
Closed Thread