Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-10-2003, 06:26 PM #1
Relapse
Captain of Team Relapse

has been a member for 10 years
Angel LCD 2k1 -vs- ISIS.

Ok, I am getting one of them... Which do you guys suggest? I can get the Angel for 550$ in almost mint conditon tomorrow, whereas i can get the ISIS in Orlando brand new in October... Which one should i get?
ULE Warp Left.
9v Warp.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2003, 09:50 PM #2
Movie Guy

Just a bit of advice.....

1 - I don't think anyone here has shot an Isis, as they're not available yet, so finding an informed opinion on the matter would pretty much be limited to PowerLyte themselves....unless they snuck some out to a few lucky ballers.

2 - I wouldn't ever buy a Gen 1 item ever again. From DVD players to MP3 players to E markers, Gen 1 electronics usually have bugs or some kind of fault about them that is quickly cured with a software update and/or a new solenoid, and once that happens, your new $550 ISIS turns out to be worth about $350 on the resale market (although market demand can fetch more if the item is really limited in the newer quantity, reference the AKA Viking for an example of how this works out).

Both PowerLyte and WDP, from what I've seen so far, offer good customer support.

That being said, $550 for an LCD Angel sounds like the average price for said marker. I've seen better deals, I've seen some people get taken for more. Angels have really come down in price since the advent of the Impy, the E cocker frames (Race and Eblade) and the lvl 10 in the Mags (especially in the E and X mags).

But who knows....the Isis could be the next Viking (as far as popularity and "in demand" label).

I like what PowerLyte has done so far, and they definitely produce quality products, and I think they try to give players the little innovations they want.

So, I guess the real question is, do you want something with proven results? Or do you want to take the chance on a marker that MAY be the next big thing?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Just my .02 cents.

MG
Old 09-11-2003, 03:37 PM #3
Relapse
Captain of Team Relapse

Thanks for responding. Im still trying to make my decision... Is the Isis going to be Mech or Electronic? I already have a monster of a mech, Z-gripped RT Classic, so im looking for an electro... I am really looking forward to seeing this gun though.
ULE Warp Left.
9v Warp.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 PM #4
Movie Guy

My understanding was that it's going to be an E marker.

Here's some info from FoN:

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules...rder=0&thold=0

Very nice, clean looking marker.

MG
Old 09-11-2003, 06:01 PM #5
Relapse
Captain of Team Relapse

Thanks alot. Im still debating between the two... I dont really have the money to spend my money on the Isis and get screwed with the Gen 1. bugs.
ULE Warp Left.
9v Warp.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:28 PM #6
Gh0sT

Gh0sT is a founding member
it comes with eyes.

break beam eyes are the best
Old 09-12-2003, 03:06 PM #7
dcmander
Sweet Shot

Comes with the eye and LED for 100 more. Non eyed version is 599, eyed version is 699