Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-28-2009, 04:24 PM #1
ouhockeyplayer

Action Village N2 tanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking at getting a 68 ci 4500 psi tank for my Smart Parts Epiphany and noticed that the Action Village tank is only $130.

http://www.actionvillage.com/031-187-0003

I was just wondering if these tanks are any good considering the price? I want the tank to be light and dependable with plenty of potential shots. I usually just paly for fun and don't get involved with tournaments or anything. My current tank is a very heavy Pure Energy 70 ci 3000 psi steel tank. I also noticed that the Invert tank 56 ci 4500 psi (zephyr paintball.com) is on sale for $120 as well. Any thoughts on this tank?
ouhockeyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2009, 06:06 PM #2
bracer028

Actionvillage does not manufacture tanks. the tanks they have are probably mislabeled or purchased cheap from other manufacturers.

thus the discount. and hence the missing label.

i'd do it, as long as you can see the hydro date.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 AM #3
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
they have the worr gas tanks 68/45 for 99 dollars.. but when you read the info box or w/e u wanna call it it says something about hydro date... so idk if they are sayin they are sellin tanks that are out of hydro or not.. but thats the way im gonna go when i get the cash... im tired of my 68/ 3k my shocker eats up that air in a heart beat...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 AM #4
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
It says "Hydro test date may be as old as January 2008", which means it may be a year and a half into its hydro cycle... so if it were a 3 year tank, it'd have 1.5 years left. Considering it's most likely a 5 year tank (I didn't look at it closely enough), it should have at least 3.5 years left.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:10 AM #5
FOX_628

FOX_628 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FOX_628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i just got one for my epiphany and i went from the big steele tank and i noticed a huge difference in weight and balance in the gun. Its good deal the tank regulator is adjustable from high to low preasure and i have gotten plenty of shots out of mine.
FOX_628 is offline   Reply With Quote