PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-04-2001, 09:38 AM #1
SIRUS_44

has been a member for 10 years
need help:lcd-a.i.r.-gutted minireg

i read on this forum that some people got better consistance when they let their angel a.i.r single regulate the lcd.
those people also say that it is possible then to lower you input pressure to 350 psi and go up from there till you fire around 300fps.

ok, i just gutted my minireg (i took out the shims inside and left the pistons and ball inside. otherwise it is leaking; is that correct or was that wrong???) hooked everything up and nada...

well, not nada but at 350 psi the balls just roll out of the barrel;
i increased the output pressure of the a.i.r. and when i thought the gun was shooting fine (had no chrono) the reading on the air display said hi-p (over 900psi).

ok, what did i do wrong?
did i just gut the minireg the wrong way cause i don't see another way to do it without air comming out of the top little hole or the velocity adj. screw (tried everything out).

i hope someone can clear this up-
thanx for your help

confused
SIRUS_44
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2001, 04:37 PM #2
smurf
The Almighty Smurfzilla

I can't really help you fix the min reg problem... but i'd recommend the cobra gas-thru. About $20 and its the same size as the mini-reg so you have the same feel.

smurf.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:03 PM #3
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
You need to remove the small piston as well as the ball. The only leak you should have are ones from the grub screws..if they do leak use some blue loctite to seal them up.

What I believe is happening is that the reg is choking the gun because of the small pistol/ball.

As for not being able to shoot the paint there's a few things that that could be. Set the a.i.r to 400psi and then check the LPR and make proper adjustments to get it to 90psi.

Also check your dwell/snapring/hammer to make sure they're all in proper working order.

Mike
Old 11-04-2001, 05:26 PM #4
SIRUS_44

thanx for your help Mike!

but will the velocity adj. screw itself seal the regulator if i take out the ball and the small piston???
Old 11-04-2001, 06:35 PM #5
illustrious666

Your grammar is kinda weird, but I think the answer to your question is "Yes". Someone correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood him.

Why not get a Cobra gas-though? They rock.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:10 PM #6
Huh

Response to your email

Both of the pistons must be left in the minireg or it will leak out of the velocity adjustment hole or the top one. You should take the ball out as it is a restriction to air flow.

You said that you were getting very little air to the gun, did you unscrew the velocity adjustment screw? I think that it would restrict the air flow if you have it screwed in the whole way. Make sure that you have the small piston in the right way I think you can get it swiched around.

You emailed me and my response to your question is that I don't know if running the max flow with the gas through is any more consistant. I did find that my LPR was only running at around 80psi so I put a couple of shims in to bring it up to the proper pressure but I have not had a chance since then to get it over a crono. I really hope that was my problem. Sorry I can't help any more. Good luck.

Team Barrage Erie, Pa
Old 11-04-2001, 09:36 PM #7
AutocockerGuy
Damn Im good

AutocockerGuy is a founding member
You dont need the voc adjuster screw in the reg to keep it from leaking.. I've taken mine out with air in the gun and it did not leak.