PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-04-2001, 10:13 AM #1
pballer_081

has been a member for 10 years
Question Barrel Porting

Can barrel porting actually decrease accuracy in a high or low pressure marker? I know it will decrease noise and efficiency but can it in any way decrease accuracy? Besides the fact that the more porting you have the slower your ball will come out of the barrel due to less of a push behind the ball. Please help!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2001, 11:24 AM #2
Predator
10+

Predator is a Supporting Member
Predator is a founding member
Predator has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yes lower/higher pressure guns need different porting, now lp guns need less porting because of the amount of gas it uses, u need every bit of it. higher pressure need more porting because it there is more gas coming out at a higher pressure and the port helps keep noise down, as well as helps keed most of the gas behind the ball so u dont get wierd spins on the ball.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:28 PM #3
Mighty Quack
FEED THE DUCK

Mighty Quack is a Supporting Member
well it won't decrease or increase accuracy unless you break paint.

Because all the holes (porting) does is allow some air to escape. Paintballs are chronographed outside the barrel, therefore if you are shooting low just turn up the velocity and vola back to orginal accuracy.

low low pressure markers its not a good idea to have too much porting because you will need more air (therefore less efficiency) to get the ball to the same speed because of the loss.

LP cockers are not really low pressure markers unless in the 150-200psi range.

I mean shockers, impulses, matrixs.
Captain Mother Duck
TC 2k1 Champions TOC Nov A series

"First person to say NAUGHTY TIMMY"
"Join the Empire, be NAUGHTY"
Old 11-04-2001, 10:40 PM #4
Tag_Scott

Tag_Scott is a founding member
The important part for for accuracy and ball acceleration in the the solid length of the barrel. So if you want a quiet barrel of a LP gun prepare to need a longer barrel
Old 11-05-2001, 01:12 AM #5
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by Tag_Scott
The important part for for accuracy and ball acceleration in the the solid length of the barrel. So if you want a quiet barrel of a LP gun prepare to need a longer barrel
uh...wha?...

"solid length"?
"a quiet barrel of a LP gun"?

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I don’t really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Old 11-05-2001, 06:14 PM #6
Tool

How well would a 12" Dye Ultralite, fitting my paint perfectly, work on a 2001 shocker?
My compassion is broken now. My will is eroded, and my desire stolen and it makes me feel ugly. I'm on my knees and burning. My pi§§ and moans are the fuel that set my head on fire. So smell my soul burning. I'm broken, looking up to see the enemy. I have swallowed the poison you feed me... but I survive on it, and it leaves me guilt fed, hatred fed, weakness fed.. and I feel ugly, and dead inside. §hit adds up at the bottom. You've left me no choice but to go inside and rebuild what's broken. Too much, too far, too late to lie down now. I must arm myself to fight you by making weapons out of my imperfections. It's all I have left. There's no other choice. I'm shameless, nameless, nothing, and no one now. But my soul must be iron for my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless. But I'm dead inside. You see.. §hit adds up, now I'm dead inside. Hatred, weakness, and guilt keep me alive at the bottom.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:01 AM #7
Tag_Scott

Tag_Scott is a founding member
The solid length is the part of the before the holes where the ball does all the accelerating. Once the ball reaches the holes the air is expelled out the ports and no longer pushes on the ball.

And my bad, I meant to type "a quiet barrel on a LP gun"