PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-11-2009, 04:10 PM #43
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Ethnicity, there's no such thing as different "races" within the human "race".
okay now these arguments are just getting silly.
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM #44
pkl2k3
Yarp

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOCKER View Post
If these both represent God.. how come the symbols are different?

3Arbia/ Arabic is written differently depending on who is doing the script, for instance you would read doin and doing or dont and don't the same but their slightly different. Arabic has a set of shot vowel symbols that go around words changing how they are pronounced. Sometimes they are omitted, and sometimes more/different ones are used for poetic purposes such as in the Quran or Bible. ( there are arabic christians, I am one of them, we also use the term Allaah for God.)

pkl2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM #45
pkl2k3
Yarp

has been a member for 10 years
Also, Arabic calligraphers will change the shape of words and letters for artistic purposes. Such as how different fonts change English words but in Arabic its to a more fluid and larger extent. Some calligraphy I can take me quite awhile to read and sometimes I can't decipher them at all! (I can read and write most Arabic)

pkl2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:12 PM #46
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkl2k3 View Post
Also, Arabic calligraphers will change the shape of words and letters for artistic purposes. Such as how different fonts change English words but in Arabic its to a more fluid and larger extent. Some calligraphy I can take me quite awhile to read and sometimes I can't decipher them at all! (I can read and write most Arabic)
That about sums it up, some people make it more artistic and flourishing than others and like all languages different regions use words for different meanings than others and some even have different spellings (like the difference between 'American-English' and 'English-English'). One of those appears to be a more modern representation (simple) while the other is more traditional (complex).

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM #47
sniperx117
Resident A-rab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuBuBu View Post
Hi guys, lemme clear this up. I speak Arabic and am also pretty knowledgable on calligraphy (I've been doing it for a couple of years). The scripts here are the same style, tho they have a couple of differences. If you don't know this, arabic is from right to left. Knowing this what I say next might make sense.

Firstly, the blue screen image lacks short vowels (there is no damma, the short uuu sound at the end of Allahu). However they both have shadda and dagger alif (the "w" looking thing and the vertical line). The last difference is that the older looking text is of a more Kufan or classic Quranic script. A lot of those markings surrounding the word "Allah" are simply there for beautification.

Any questions?

Also, keep in mind that God in Islam got has 99 names. There are many many symbols for Him.

I wouldnt say "symbols". These are just words. They dont represent God or Allah in anyway. Theyre just the same ideas writin in a different way.
We strike Straight
We sing Sin
We thin Gin
We jazz June
We Die Soon
sniperx117 is offline   Reply With Quote