PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 PM #1
many00

many00 is BST Trusted
Parts sharing

Can a bolt from a pm5 fit a pm6?

i tried swapping them and the pm6 holds air for a few seconds, then i heard a pop and it starts leaking down the barrel.
many00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 PM #2
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
It should be able to work. When the PM6 first came out, people were putting aftermarket PM5 Orange bolts in their PM6 with no problems. The PM6 came with a LP bolt guide/cap, which is the only difference that I can see.

If you heard a loud pop, and it leaks out the barrel, then the #013 oring popped out of the groove on the tophat. This can happen if the input pressure is to high.

I have an air Leak through the barrel
There are three possible o-rings that cause this leak:
  • If the leak comes through the inside of the bolt, replace the #013 BN70 [7] on the bolt top hat.
    If the cause is the #013 BN70 [7] o-ring, the input pressure to the gun is likely too high.
If you hear a loud pop while firing the marker and air is rushing out from the front of the gun, it means:
  • The Hyper2 is set too high causing the #013 BN70 [7] top hat o-ring to blow off, replace the o-ring.
  • The #017 UR70 [5] inside the bolt cylinder or #020 BN70 [8] outside the bolt cylinder is leaking, replace the o-ring.

Key: o-ring size o-ring hardness part no. on diagram
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote