PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2009, 02:36 PM #1
many00

many00 is BST Trusted
Booting Green

i have a pm5 and It has a virtue board. I am guessing this is not the stock board, correct?

The gun keeps booting green but im not sure if its because of the board or because it has problems with the eyes.

i have cleaned the eyes, i have aligned them, checked the ribbon, changed the battery and checked the dip switch. the gun is still havent problems shooting. i need to know where to go next. thanks
many00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2009, 03:20 PM #2
radeon28
Baltimoron

Are you sure its a virtue board? Green on a virtue board is seen when you are in the "debounce programing mode". Make sure its not a darker yellow, which indicates low battery.

Regardless, put in a new 9V battery and see if that makes any changes.

SIDE NOTE: If it's actually a Matrix board in there, solid green means "ball in breach ready to fire" and blinking green means you have an eye failure (eyes are blocked or dirty).

Hope this helps.
radeon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:25 PM #3
many00

many00 is BST Trusted
well the board says virtue on it. not sure if this is the stock board.

i grabbed a fresh battery from the pack. and its solid green light. according to the stickies the eyes are the problem. but i have done everything to try and fix the problem and turn the light to red. still not able to do that. if i pull the trigger the light starts blinking green. btw, theres nothing in the breach, no paintball or finger, anything. the eyes dont react when i stick my finger in the breach anyways.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:05 PM #4
radeon28
Baltimoron

Eyes are definitely the issue, if they aren't reacting to something being put into the breach.

Can you force fire the gun (turn off eyes and shoot, or hold trigger for one second causing the gun to shoot)??

Run this test, it will show whether the issue is just the eyes, or if its an eye/board issue.
radeon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:06 PM #5
many00

many00 is BST Trusted
the gun will shoot but then stop out of nowhere. ill try that tomorrow

while playing around with the eyes i lost the trigger spring. it fell off when putting the gun back together and still havent found it. im goign to the paintball shop tomorrow and buying a spring. or i might just buy a repair kit that includes an eye ribbon. i think i saw one like that, i just cant find it now.