Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2009, 07:10 PM #1
MattPB55

2009 Proto SLG Fireing Problem

OK so i have a new 2009 slg (not UL) i went for the first time with the gun and for the first part of the day it was working wonderfully but in the afternoon things started to go down hill. first the bolt keeps jaming on a ball which that should not happen because of the eyes and second is i will press the trigger 3 times but only the solinoid will click but on the forth press of the triger it fires and it continues that cycle for everyball. its not the battery because i put a fresh one in the gun that morning. any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix it?
MattPB55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2009, 09:37 PM #2
oshow

what kind of battery?
oshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 AM #3
MattPB55

just a normal 9volt durecell battery
Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM #4
protodude777
Proto O.T.

protodude777 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Change the battery and lube the bolt.

Make sure your hopper isn't set to feed faster than the gun can shoot.
"Originally posted by JESUS_V2: I love protodude777"
protodude777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 PM #5
MattPB55

il try it but that doesnt explain why the bolt was jamming
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM #6
protodude777
Proto O.T.

protodude777 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The bolt might be jamming because too many balls are feeding into the breech, causing the bolt to jam on one.
"Originally posted by JESUS_V2: I love protodude777"
protodude777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:55 PM #7
Ravenduck

Hi me and my 2 frends have the same problems. also i got jamming balls in the feed nek they got caught by the bolt.

for this there are 2 options we saw.
1. The hopper is feeding to fast making the ball bounce in the chamber and getting caught in the rebound.( think halo v35 on setting 5 )
2. Your rate of Fire is set to fast for ur hopper to keep track. drop ur ROF a bit and u will see that i wil no longer happen. Worked for me.

The trigger is one im still working on.
As far as i can see the sear has to much room to move around from left to right. every now and then it will go to far to the left and hit the frame not going down full and thus not releasing the bolt. im gona try this saterday if a small o ring around the center peg of the sear wil keep it away from the edge on with it catches.

BTW if u rly have to hit trigger 4 times for one shot i think ur sear spring might be bent.

Ill let u know if saturday works for me.
All and al the SLG basic isnt that great a weapon i might try switching it for the UL wich is put together a bit better.
Ravenduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:57 PM #8
MattPB55

well with the hooper speed mine i cant adujst it is an invert reloader 2 and i belive it can feed 13 its not a great hooper. but yea tell me how the o ring works out. but right now im probably going to take it back to pevs and tell them to fix it
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 PM #9
aviator11

First, try reading previous threads:

I had the issue with a second slg purchased and called up dye. What is likely happening is that your solenoid is getting stuck upwards, this is due to a bad capacitor on the board. There is a very simple way to check if this is your issue. Turn your marker on and open up the grip panel. Pull out the battery harness from the board, if your light simply shuts off and does not stay lit for a brief period of time it is the capacitor. I was on the phone with the tech as I did this, when I confirmed that it the light immediately went out he immediately filed a RMA for me, they're sending me the board first to so I don't have so send my gun to them and wait, just send back the bad board when I get my new one.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 AM #10
MattPB55

cool thanks il check that out
Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM #11
YABOY0327
'Riel

YABOY0327 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
YABOY0327 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Apparently increasing the pressure and lubing the bolt solve the prblem, and of course checking the hopper feed rate are the solutions str8 from DYE headquarters from what I gather from the thread about slg 09 bolt jams

I hope this is the case I wanna get one in a few weeks

"Sure, your gun costs a grand, but that doesn't explain why I was able to bunker you 5 minutes ago."
YABOY0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:34 PM #12
MattPB55

well i re lubed the bolt and i the fps was at 280 and it didnt help
Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM #13
YABOY0327
'Riel

Dam, sry I can't help u thas jus wat I read and the ppl in that thread said it helped, I don't kno wat to tell u

"Sure, your gun costs a grand, but that doesn't explain why I was able to bunker you 5 minutes ago."
Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 PM #14
djou

just a random question, but if your bolt sticks, how do you know you're at 280 fps?
djou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM #15
MattPB55

it doesnt stick every time it sticks about 2 times a game. and when i cronoed it i set it at 280
Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 AM #16
supergper

What's your bps set at? I don't think fps really will have anything to do with your problem. Lower the bps and I bet the problem will go away. What kind of hopper are you shooting with?
supergper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:50 AM #17
nate4444

I had the same problem but mine was every third shot it would fire. I sent mine into Dye and they put a new board in it. I'm not sure what else they did to it, but it fixed it. You might have to send it in. But you'll have to be patient because they are really behind and it took a month and a half for me to get my gun back.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM #18
sleeper3 (Banned)
LIKE A BOSS

I really wish Dye would improve their quality control.

I had an '08 SLG which was incredible when it was working.

My plan was to get an '09 SLG but there are still too many threads with users having issues for my taste. Hopefully things get better in the coming months.
sleeper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:25 PM #19
MattPB55

well i finally went to pevs and the solinoid clicking was resolved by a new battery, i didnt know that the batteries ony last one day. and for the balls jaming the guy there had no idea
Old 05-31-2009, 05:59 PM #20
YABOY0327
'Riel

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper3 View Post
I really wish Dye would improve their quality control.

I had an '08 SLG which was incredible when it was working.

My plan was to get an '09 SLG but there are still too many threads with users having issues for my taste. Hopefully things get better in the coming months.
well spoken, after i cleared out my gear that i wanted to replace the last thing to get was the 09 slg but here and other places i see ppl are havin issues, and the only positive reviews i find on the web like pbreview are from ppl using it for lik 1 week or a few days

this is the only good option for 200 bucks that ive seen because if all the ish that goes wrong with ions and the rest and i want to be able to get the slg within a couple months so i hope these problems have solutions soon

i've been thinkin about it and i think Dye should create a PBn thread(or a thread on their support site) concerning all the problems/FAQ's on the 09 slg so we would all have answers and would kno whether we should send it in or if we can fix it ourselves, that would be rele nice

Last edited by YABOY0327 : 05-31-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM #21
tellos

Hi guys,

Our paintball team recently bougt 3 SLG's 09 and we are all having problems:
- Bolt jamming balls (VLocity, Rotor and even a VL200), tested several BPS's settings for the different loaders same problem.
- Gun going fullauto random even when the marker is turned off.
- The marker sometimes ignores the trigger pulls (After 3 trigger pulls it only shoots at the 3rd).

Wtf is going on with those markers? Allready sent 2 of those to Dye and they came back with the same problems after a while
tellos is offline   Reply With Quote