Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-03-2001, 11:05 PM #1
Shocker2x
Twisters

has been a member for 10 years
Angry Captain Carl's!!!!!!!!!

this is a little feedback aboput the captaian carls 4man tourney today..

a few of my team members went there and this is what they had to say....

We arrived at Captn Carls paintball and were impressed by the feild set up and quality....after the morning we all agreed that the tournament thus far had been well run and we had been enjoying ourselves...even though we were playin 3 on 4 becuz Ian is a homosexual who dosent like to show up for tournaments that he suggets we do. After a breif excursion to MacDonalds we returned after lunch and the tournament seemed to have took a turn for the worst...it seems that the refs were becoming impatient with the play and seemed to have decided to take it out on the already shorthanded twisters players. During play agianst Demonic Factory (Teds Team) mikey kneed on a ball and called the ref over to show him his misfourtune...upon revealing this accidental paint contact mikey was immeidately called out and his armband was removed...mikey was odviously displeased...during the same game phil attempted to bunker a played on the oposing team and a ref thought he was shot in the visor (he had no visor on) we didnt find out that the ref thought Phil was playing through until after the game when one of the Refs asked me casually if Clayton was still teaching us to cheat..i responded with a prompt "F U"...later mikey talked to this ref and found out the reason he decided it was neccesary for him to open his trailer park mouth and mikey put him in his place quite to the pleasure of myself and phillip. after losing to another team that we should not of even considering our disadvantage we were understandably upset..our last match up was the blazing blueberries...i made a good move to a center spool bunker and several balls were bounced off the ground in front of me and sprayed onto my knee,at this point none other than Captn Carl himself came in and shouted that i was eliminated...i refused to let him pull my armban until he told me why and he said he had witnessed the ball strike my knee..this was odviously BULL****..i think i would have felt a paintball traveling at 290 feet per second hit my own damn knee...Carl pulled my armband and advised me to walk off the feild and keep my mouth shut my reponse "I DONT EVEN GIVE A FOCK ANYMORE..THIS IS BULL****" at which point Carl pulled a DPI player who was kind enough to lend us a helping hand for our last game..phil stood up and allowed himself to be shot in anger....this was possibly the worst tournament i have ever been to when it came to reffing..it might have been alright if it had not been for the one sided calls..alas we shall return and bring with us all 5 memeber of red team and we will triumph just to anger that little midget Captn Carl...

i was not there but wouldn't be plzed

SWEET Cocker

www.paintsplat.com
Old 11-06-2001, 02:12 AM #2
Roughneck Paintball
Turn Demonic

we had fun

we had a good time and the reffing was good for the most part but we expect mistakes beacause we reff enough to know that they will happen and no one person is perfect.......u cant get all the angles so therefore there is margin for error to be made

Quote:
"life is pain.....get used to it" Tez Patel
dont like coming in 2nd when we should have came in first due to the fact be droped the ball in 2 games we should have maxed or at least got more points......oh well....next time
www.DemonicProducts.com
Unleash the Potential.....Turn Demonic!
Old 11-06-2001, 08:53 AM #3
phillytec
Black OUT

Tex I would like to order 4000 demonic umpulses and 4,000 stranglers. All I can say on the reffing is no comment.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:53 AM #4
phillytec
Black OUT

We dont want to Anger the giant
Old 11-06-2001, 09:00 AM #5
darkcockerMx7

hey im the guy who shot u in the knee that was deffinately not spray i kept shooting for ur knee untill i hit its was just a matter of time when i did hit u there because i saw u move into ur bunker frantically after i hit u and i saw the mark on ur knee u were trying to rub it into the ground and carl made a good call
u guys complain too much

silver lcd
freak
max-flow
Old 11-10-2001, 05:41 PM #6
StylezFX
$$$-ya need me to survive

Its pretty weak if you guys are trying to blame it on the refs, and even worse if youre trying to put it all on Carl. Carl himself has mentioned that he didnt want to pull the guy who was good enough to help fill ur 4th spot, but rules are rules. Like Tez mentioned, being a perfect ref is hard, if not impossible, but the refs at Captain Carls are nothing to complain about. If you have a problem, its just that, your problem.
Id also like to mention that when the person pointed out that he saw you cheat it was against us. I dont know if it was true, but i know the guy well enough to believe him.

For everyone else who was there, great day, good games, hope to see you all at the next event on Dec. 1st

Rob
ArchAngels
Old 11-10-2001, 06:12 PM #7
Vision

Ignorance

Let first start off by saying that you were not there to see it so don't trash it. Second the ref that asked them if clayton was teaching them.......well he was actually the cook. not a ref at all. I know this because it was a friend of mine who said it because he was at a good postion to watch all the games and he thusly did. He saw what he saw, as i saw what i did. Do not trash a cook, as if he was a ref, for his calls mean nothing. you persist in trashing a tournament for your players...well they should have learned conduct. Hot gun penalties, argueing with refs on the field, and dead men talking, playing through a hit (which is sometimes a judgement call)? i know there were a few bad calls....hell one of them was made on me only it benefitted us...a ref was in motion to call me out when he checked and realized i was clean he thus had to make a quick descion to pull me or let me play through....he choose the later....a hard thing for any ref to do especially in a moments time. if you have ever been a ref you must have encountered this and thusly must accept it. an inacurate sport calls for a lot of judgement calls. Additionally, i saw plenty of wipes that day.....oh and banish the thought....some were from your team, but once again was it splatter?.. did they know? who knows and of course they will claim they didn't ..just as you would. I gave you guys so much credit for having the balls to attempt the "man down" scenerio but this tops it all off. You insult not only Carl, his field, and his refs, and the cook (or ref as you call him)...you insult your own team as well by showing your ignorance in a public forum. you hear stories that are completely one sided then run into a forum to post at how bad the refs were. Grow up already. Learn Sportsmanship. Learn control. Ans please above all else....when trashing a tournament....make sure you atleast attended it.

Terrence ( inactive Demonic Factory/ArchAngels)
p.s Excuse the typing this was done in haste

Last edited by Vision : 11-10-2001 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2001, 06:47 PM #8
SilentBob

This almost isn't worth a reply.

Well, first I'd like to say that the reffing at Capt'n Carl's 4-Man Series was deserving of a standing ovation. If you'd ask around at the tournament, I doubt you'd get a complaint (excluding the Twisters). A few more things...

"...it seems that the refs were becoming impatient with the play and seemed to have decided to take it out on the already shorthanded twisters players."

The refs were all smiles all day, and you were treated just as the rest of the teams were. I'm still waiting for complaints from other players, I don't think they're coming...

"we didnt find out that the ref thought Phil was playing through until after the game when one of the Refs asked me casually if Clayton was still teaching us to cheat..i responded with a prompt "F U"

It wasn't a ref that said this.

"...i made a good move to a center spool bunker and several balls were bounced off the ground in front of me and sprayed onto my knee,at this point none other than Captn Carl himself came in and shouted that i was eliminated..."

Well, this is a tough one. Suppose you're a referee, and you're watching a player. The player's knee is hanging out of its bunker, and you notice that one of the players on the opposing teams spotted it and started shooting at it. Keep in mind, there is no paint on the knee. The shooting continues, and all of the sudden there is a bright splatter that suddenly appears on the knee, resembling a splatter left by a...(gasp) paintball. By every definition in the book, it's a hit. Are you really going to ignore the spot? You're out, deal with it.

"...Carl pulled my armband and advised me to walk off the feild and keep my mouth shut my reponse "I DONT EVEN GIVE A FOCK ANYMORE..THIS IS BULL****" at which point Carl pulled a DPI player who was kind enough to lend us a helping hand for our last game..phil stood up and allowed himself to be shot in anger...."

When one is called out, one generally walks back to the dead box, with his mouth shut. Any further playing or talking is considered cheating, and that's just what happened. Carl pulled a DPI player because of "your" (I'll get into that later) mouth. It seemed that "you" were the only one angry, and Phil didn't stand up and allow himself to be shot, he was shot while playing a bunker.

"and we will triumph just to anger that little midget Captn Carl..."

Come on, he's not THAT short.

"i was not there but wouldn't be plzed"

You weren't there, yet you have the balls to give a detailed description of the transpired situation?

"i was not there but wouldn't be plzed"

If you weren't there, why have you been speaking in first person the entire time? That alone should be enough to discredit you and your story.

When did they make spelling an optional class? One of the only words you spelled right the entire time was "homosexual." Strange...

Capt'n Carls' 4-Man series is an outstanding tournament, and I suggest that you play it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know I'll be there for every one as long as the events continue in the future.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:12 PM #9
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by darkcockerMx7
hey im the guy who shot u in the knee that was deffinately not spray i kept shooting for ur knee untill i hit its was just a matter of time when i did hit u there because i saw u move into ur bunker frantically after i hit u and i saw the mark on ur knee u were trying to rub it into the ground and carl made a good call
u guys complain too much
Wha?!?!
Old 11-12-2001, 04:41 PM #10
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

the person who posted the original post on this public forum does not even play for the team. i am on the team.i was the one who didnt show up(no one ever told me we were going hence i did not go but that is another story)i apoligize for shocker2x posting this he should keep his mouth shut.
to capt carl and company
we do plan on finishing the series with 4! men this time so actually watch out.lets let this die and dont let this post affect or bias your judging towards are team at the future events

later

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 11-12-2001, 05:02 PM #11
StylezFX
$$$-ya need me to survive

well said, i look forward to seeing you at the next event and good luck
Old 11-12-2001, 08:09 PM #12
demonic21

haha

When did they make spelling an optional class? One of the only words you spelled right the entire time was "homosexual." Strange...

that is so great
Old 11-13-2001, 07:58 PM #13
SilentBob

Enough.

This person isn't on the team....but can give at least *some* correct information about the tournament? Why does this not make sense?

-Brandon-
8 lb. Nut
Old 11-13-2001, 08:21 PM #14
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

he cut and pasted what someone said who was there. he like an idiot decieded to post it here for no reason
ignore it

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 11-21-2001, 03:59 PM #15
gangus
"get him outta there"

Talking

I think every team has a tourney like that.Im sure the ref's did their best as well as the players, but **** happens.Good luck at the next one.Gang Green