Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2014, 10:56 PM #1
Big_Smitty71

Newbie Looking for Pants (6'5" 205, 36" inseam)

First I should say that I'm just starting back in paintball after an 18 year absence so I'm trying to feel my way around all the new gear that wasn't around in the mid-90s.

This is for those of you that are tall with a long inseam. My waist is around a 37"-38" and my inseam is 36". I took some advice from "another" board and picked up a pair of Planet Eclipse HDE 11 pants in XXL. I was swallowed up in them. I felt like I was running with two potato sacks tied to my legs.

I currently run in a pair of XL Long ACU pants and run with a pair of slider shorts on underneath. I am wondering is I even need the pants. I play on average of twice a month, around 5-6 hours each time.

I should probably add that I'm 42 and don't plan on doing a great deal of intentional sliding...or anything crazy like that.
Big_Smitty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2014, 11:36 PM #2
Jt3x

Jt3x has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jt3x has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What's your budget?
Jt3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 AM #3
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PE's sizing chart is pretty spot on. For your waist you should have gone with an XL. The length may be a little short but that is how it is for taller players.

I love PE pants but yes the larger sizes can be fairly bulky, especially if your measurements are on the smaller end of a size.

Exalt Thrashers are the current favorite for lower cost, not incredibly baggy, good quality pants.

Best case you should try before you buy. If you do not have that option at least buy your waist size.

Personally I try to buy new pants that are a couple years old (a number of companies put out a new "model" every year), they are usually discounted quite a bit. Or you can usually find some lightly used ones on the BST forum here for great prices.

I definitely feel paintball pants are the way to go no matter how much you play. They breathe, flow with your movement, and protect (even if you do not plan on sliding, accidents happen).

"Originally posted by RyanR: I think newbies are greatly intimidated when they're playing with a rental wearing cover-alls and facing some aggtastic looking power ranger."

"Originally posted by nerve2030: (aluminum vs stainless steel)...for the practical purpose of guiding a gelatin ball accelerated by air pressure they work the same."

eBay Feedback
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 PM #4
Big_Smitty71

@Jt3x: I don't really have a set budget. The HDE 11 pants I got were $149 and free shipping.

@dreadmuppet: thanks for the tips. I would like to keep with a neutral solid or camo color instead of the flashy red or lime green. I'm going to look thru the review section here and pick up a couple of pairs to see what works best.

Appreciate the replies!
Big_Smitty71 is offline   Reply With Quote