Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2014, 12:39 AM #1
Kommandeer

Made fun of, (and bonus balled) for dressing Milsim?

Recently I went to a paintball field with a few of my friends.
They dressed more casual, (blue jeans, hoodies etc).
There was a ton of people wearing paintball jerseys etc.

I decided to dress more tactical, black BDU's, olive drab knee pads, vest with my barrel swab etc, nearly looked like a real operator.

This over confident guy in a Valken jersey comes directly up to me and my group of friends, and begins asking me if I think I'm a "special forces person".

(Exact quote), from the guy in the Valken jersey.
"Do you think you are Special Forces or something?, are you trying to dress like a hard***?"

Being me, I had to say something back. I replied with,
"Do you think you're sponsored by Valken or something?"

I expected more people to be dressing more tactical, instead of either jerseys or hoodies. I looked pretty out of place there.

He walks away, and me and my friends find another match of XBall to play.
He just happened to be in the match as well. The match begins, I start out nearly on the other corner of the field than him, he starts immediately shooting at me, and hits one of his own teammates in the back of the head in the crossfire.

Sprints as fast as possible as close as he could get too me,
And begins shooting at me, any opportunity he could get, focusing all his fire on me alone. I snap shoot at him, and miss. just in time to see him get taken out by someone else.

He proceeds to wipe off the paint, and run sprint behind my cover, and bonus ball the crap out of me. And got lit up by everyone else on my team, and continued shooting for a good while.

(This field requires you put your gun in the air with your barrel cover on when out)

I had my barrel cover on and my gun in the air, by the time he stopped shooting at me. Is dressing like a casual better than dressing Milsim in the paintball community?

Is it really that bad?
Kommandeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 AM #2
MissBlase

Annual Supporting Member
MissBlase plays in the APPA D5 division
MissBlase has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MissBlase has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MissBlase supports Empire
was this in the woods, rec ball or speedball. ? nothing wrong with what you were wearing. beats jeans and hoodie or whatever. that dude was was biggest @ss. i wouldve knocked him out for that seriously though. really makes me extremely angry to read that he acted like that
MissBlase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:36 AM #3
Kommandeer

The match I played with him was played on a decent sized arena, with wooden spools, and pallets for bunkers etc. I'm pretty new to the sport.

I guess it would sorta be like woodsball,
Also sort of like Xball.
Kommandeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:48 AM #4
MissBlase

Annual Supporting Member
MissBlase plays in the APPA D5 division
MissBlase has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MissBlase has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MissBlase supports Empire
yeah dude was a dick dont mind him ur fine.
youe comeback was the absolute best btw lollll
(also make aure you post in the right forum- this is the buy sell trade section)
MissBlase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:14 PM #5
hungryfatcats
Why not?

hungryfatcats owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hungryfatcats has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hungryfatcats has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hungryfatcats supports Empire
Sounds like your field is full or DBAGS. No one should stop you from dressing the way you want on a paintball field. I dress like the people you are describing but there should be no reason for them to be a dingus to you. Try talking to the field owner and see what you can do about getting them out of this establishment. If you feel like you might be ridiculed again. Try wearing the clothing they are, like jerseys and pants. Planet Eclipse makes a great camo jersey for an insanely good price. Remember, this is not air-soft and people are not usually accustomed to seeing some dude in full on camo gear struttin' into the field.

Links to Jerseys and Pants that should fit your liking:

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Exalt...r-Pants-V3-Pro

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Plane...ersey-HDE-Camo

I hope best of luck to you and hope that these dicks dont come back to the field. Try to not let it bring you down. Talk to the Owner and get them kicked out.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:43 PM #6
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
OP you did nothing wrong. the fact that he singled you out would have made me happy cuz he was scared of you. my answer back to his comment would have been something like. yea i just got out of the army and this is all i have so go ^%&$ yourself. when he kept shooting i would have been tacking and bashing his head in with his own marker
good job for keeping your cool as well as you did
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:51 PM #7
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 supports Empire
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
When I first read the title I thought it said Muslim lol. I thought to my self "why in the heck would you go through the trouble to dress Muslim for paintball" but to answer your question you can dress however you want. The guy is just a horrible person. Hopefully the rest of the players that saw that. Are sure he wore a lot of paint that day.
Vypr GSL #658

Last edited by BP0019 : 09-18-2014 at 01:54 PM.
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:42 PM #8
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
You will meet a lot of personalities on the paintball field. Sadly to say, the majority of attitudes at some fields are the type that will belittle others to inflate their own superiority complex. It is best to try and ignore those players as all they want is attention and conflict.

Be yourself, enjoy the game and in the end hopefully respect the game and your fellow players. Anyone who disrespects other players does not respect the game, just like any other sport. You can always attempt to escalate the situation to the field operators (typically refs, head refs or store personnel). Most fields are well aware of these type of players and will do their best to deal with the situation to keep new players coming back.

Keep your head up, in the end, it is just a game.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:00 PM #9
Mikevercetti

Mikevercetti owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mikevercetti has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mikevercetti has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mikevercetti supports Empire
Not cool for him to have acted the way he did. Although a lot of people don't like the milsim look. It's a small community. And honestly, being decked out in camo and MOLLE vests when you're out on a hyperball course just makes you look like a tool.
Mikevercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:17 PM #10
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikevercetti View Post
Not cool for him to have acted the way he did. Although a lot of people don't like the milsim look. It's a small community. And honestly, being decked out in camo and MOLLE vests when you're out on a hyperball course just makes you look like a tool.
no it doesn't. you should wear what you are comfortable in. this would be the same if a speedballer in let say full eclipse gear shooting a gsl goes into the woods and the guys with tippmanns shoot him 100000000 times because he is different. the door swings both ways.. plus this wasn't speedball it was concept is sounds like. there is no excuse for what that player did. i kind of hope he is on pbn and shows up in here so we can treat him as poorly as he showed for our great sport.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:19 PM #11
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Meh, next time you play with him make him your target.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 PM #12
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
He was a dick for criticizing your choice of apparel. However, his behavior on the field was probably more in response to you firing back with the Valken comment. It may not be fair but you're better off not antagonizing hot heads like that. Let them look like a jackass and move on.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:34 PM #13
ball1

ball1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This guy was just a douche unfortunately our sport is full of them. Just go get a Hawaiian Shirt(you can get pretty good camo ones) from Good Will for $5 and keep it with your gear. No one makes fun of the guy in the Hawaiian shirt only the people he shoots out.
ball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:37 PM #14
Jetson

Jetson is playing at Living Legends VII
Jetson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jetson supports Empire
What a bunch of Chads.
Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:47 PM #15
1eyedBALLER

In my experience people who act like this just have deep seeded issues with their selves. It prolly had absolutely nothing to do with you, or the person you are... Some ppl just sūck! I wouldn't bother with worrying, he is one person,... One opinion, and opinions are just like Aholes, everyone's got one just some others stink more than others!!!!

Do you bro, don't every let anyone make you question the person you want to be.. You wanna wear a rabbit suit, wear one... A JFK mask, wear it.... Who cares... ALWAYS BE YOU, and never fray from who you are!!!!
1eyedBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:03 PM #16
pbmexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedBALLER View Post
In my experience people who act like this just have deep seeded issues with their selves. It prolly had absolutely nothing to do with you, or the person you are... Some ppl just sūck! I wouldn't bother with worrying, he is one person,... One opinion, and opinions are just like Aholes, everyone's got one just some others stink more than others!!!!

Do you bro, don't every let anyone make you question the person you want to be.. You wanna wear a rabbit suit, wear one... A JFK mask, wear it.... Who cares... ALWAYS BE YOU, and never fray from who you are!!!!
This ^^ Be yourself, wear whatever you feel confortable with, enjoy the game.
pbmexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:50 PM #17
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It was definitely wrong of him, but looking over your post, the one thing I would've done differently was refrain from making the Valken comment. Obviously you don't need to justify yourself to those sorts of people, but play it a bit cooler next time. Just say that you're doing what you do, and it's your decision.
I have some experience in this, for example : when a driver flips you off and cusses at you, don't drive in front of him slowly because he might just try to run you off the road on a freeway overpass...
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM #18
Cyk101

Cyk101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You could have dressed up like spider man or Jessica rabbit and it would still have been a dick move. Plus he wiped, which instantly blows any justification he might have had. Sorry you had an unfortunate experience.
Cyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:08 PM #19
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Trusted
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikevercetti View Post
I don't agree with this comment at all. I wouldn't at any point judge the guy in his Red Legion shirt for going out to the woods field we have in it. Its his jersey. For all I know its his only jersey and he got it cheap or something. It doesn't matter that he is the only red and blue thing in the trees. Its his clothing and there's no judgement for wearing it. If he was wearing something rude or offensive then thats a different story but there's no common field that makes one look "wrong" at all. (I feel like I've seen compilation videos online wit divisional teams who all wear camo on speedball games because its what they have or agreed on)
Home Field (If you're in Houston Check them out!): TXR Paintball
Yelosno's Newbie Guide
Cheap Stella Barrel Backs and Front! $20 backs! ARE YOU SERIOUS WENDY?!
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:36 AM #20
midniteryu

I've played in both a woodsball field and a speedball field, and at both of them I wore tactical clothing. heck on my last visit to a speed ball field I was decked out similar to OP in a tactical vest and BDUs and ended scaring a little kid who was playing with his dad that day ( played against the kid and rushed into a bunker he was hiding him scared the wits outa him and had to ask if was okay after I surrendered him). Bottom line this guy sounded like an *** and you should take his opinion with a grain of salt, If you like dressing more tactically then that's just how you are nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by eforce : 09-19-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: please do not bypass the filter. -eforce
midniteryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:22 AM #21
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sponsored by valken. I love it.

Sounds like you found a real dick.
Lover of All Things Paintball

Buy my airsoft gear
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote