Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2014, 09:04 PM #1
neckro

Getting back into the sport!

Hi guys I'm currently looking to grab a new gun! Last time I played I was shooting a vert feed autococker decked out with shocktech acc, I have been doing a lot of research and have narrowed down to a couple gun. Just looking for some input have held these guns and like the ergonomics just looking for a little help deciding. I like the new vanquishes aswell with the luxe 2.0 OLED Lv1 and geo 3.5 but just looking for a little help deciding the marker I should buy any input will be greatly appreciated. Just want the upside and down sides on these guns! Thanks very appreciated
neckro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2014, 09:53 PM #2
Daulton

Daulton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Daulton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PE is the most reliable brand you're going to find. Vanquishes and Luxes are going to be way more finicky than PE, not to mention PE boards are water proof. That being said, I would look into an LV1 or 3.1. Gonna find better prices on them.

Yummayyy
Daulton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM #3
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

I think generally popit valves (LV1) are more reliable (or require less maintenance). The Luxe, Vanquish, and Geo (Spool valve) aren't really known for being "unreliable", they just may have more moving parts or more orings, resulting in a higher possibility of failure.

I've shot both spool valves and popit valves and they used to have a drastically different feel to them. Modern popit markers don't kick and aren't loud cannons (I'm looking at you Ego6).

All of the guns you listed are great markers. They are all tournament ready, they all have similar features build into the programmable board, they're all lightweight with almost no kick at all. You will see a small difference in efficiency (pods per tank fill), slightly different weights, slightly different feel when shooting, but you would be happy with all of them.

I think many would label the LV1 as the best shooting marker out right now (just from what I've read, never owned or shot one myself), but my recommendation is to hold and shoot each one. Find out which one feels the most comfortable and natural for you.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM #4
neckro

Thanks for the input maintaining the marker isn't an issue ether last gun I owned was a 1st gen matrix now that thing was a good little tinker! I'm leaning towards planet eclipse just debating on lv1 or geo 3.5. I'm sure jack wood has something up his sleeve aswell with a newer lv1 coming out of a geo 4 sometime in the next year. But I've read up on roll back issues with the luxe is this a huge problem? Easily fixed? As you can tell I've done my homework on most markers that are out and have read i depth on all reviews. What do you guys think about the new axe?
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM #5
neckro

I was also wondering about colder weather play I live in maryland and it gets pretty cold and snowy I'm the winters im not looking to play at a field or nothing during this time but definitely run some solo shooting drills and possibly some off the break drills will weather be a huge deal? I know the lv1 won't have any issues during this season but what about the others?
Old Today, 08:25 AM #6
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daulton View Post
PE is the most reliable brand you're going to find. Vanquishes and Luxes are going to be way more finicky than PE, not to mention PE boards are water proof. That being said, I would look into an LV1 or 3.1. Gonna find better prices on them.
explain how pe is more reliable. any gun that you take care of will be reliable. sure if you are lazy you can go more cases of paint w/o lubing your lv1 or geo but they will start to shoot poorly and be way less efficient.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:51 PM #7
7paintball
Service at its best.

Really I would get to a field and see if you can shoot some of what people have. Not sure how close you are to it, but check out Paintball Pandemic, great store in your area and he has just about anything you could want.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 PM #8
Quemiras

Quemiras has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras supports DLX Technology
i picked up an oled luxe and been really happy with it. always wanted a luxe and now i do. just try out the ones you like and see which you like the best.
VAPOR VANDETTA
Quemiras is offline   Reply With Quote