Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2014, 07:51 PM #1
Slow Z Rally

How loose is too loose? ;O

So I decided to go through my shocker and happened to knick one of my 017 orings on my can. Pulled out my oringmonkey rebuild that I hadn't used yet and replaced it. The bolt slid right through the oring like it wasn't even there. Switched some around but couldn't find any with a decent amount of resistance. I am pretty sure I had 90 duros in there and now have 70s. I don't have any air to see if it seals, but what's the general rule on fitting orings?

I am running the aluminum eigen and the rear bolt sleeves 017 fits with very slight resistance now running orings that had no resistance in the can. Just seems to be some weird oring tolerance thing on a stock HE can I suppose?

Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:04 PM #2
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
does it contact the bolt all the way around?
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:29 PM #3
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jim4130 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Legendary
If its not leaking and shooting fine your good. If its shooting poorly it could be due to pneumatic lockout from an oring that's to loose and causing an internal leak.

But generally when I fit orings I try to look into the future. Orings break in and loosen up as you use the gun so when I fit them I make it so you can put the bolt in the can and it will slidethrough not with gravity but with the flick of the wrist. Same goes for the sleeve and guide.

come check out my gun collection

shocker owners

win a free luxe!!!
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:53 AM #4
Slow Z Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrguy View Post
does it contact the bolt all the way around?
Yessir. I was worried most about contact with the can but there is none and I can't forcibly make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim4130 View Post
If its not leaking and shooting fine your good. If its shooting poorly it could be due to pneumatic lockout from an oring that's to loose and causing an internal leak.

But generally when I fit orings I try to look into the future. Orings break in and loosen up as you use the gun so when I fit them I make it so you can put the bolt in the can and it will slidethrough not with gravity but with the flick of the wrist. Same goes for the sleeve and guide.
I wish I had some air to test it. And all my new orings are now coming out of that oringmonkey kit and they are all really loose in the can. Like fall through due to gravity loose. I guess ill have to bring my ring kit to the field and test it out. I was just so shocked by the tolerance difference between the can and the sleeve.

Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 AM #5
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
if it contacts all the way around you SHOULD be good. but the only real way to be sure is to air it up.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM #6
LeperLord

LeperLord is playing at Living Legends VII
LeperLord owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LeperLord supports Empire
Three Fingers haha

But in all seriousness if it seals it seals. Thats the only real way to gauge it you have to get a fill and test.