PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-09-2003, 12:08 AM #1
epic7493

has been a member for 10 years
Recocking problems

I love my new omen. It was very accurate and consistent. I got it and test shot it abotu 150 times at my proshop and left. 3 days later I went out with the proshop owner to practice with his team and it dry fired excellent, but when I put balls in it it would shoot about 5 or 6 times and then the back block would cock back, but would not cock forward so I had to wiggle the back block and it would go forward and I could shoot again, but it kept doing. The owner of the proshop took it apart and there is no way to adjust the bolt, hammer, or anything else to help it recock right, but what was weird is the bolt was very very very very tight and hard to put in sometimes and I think I might of gotten a bad bolt. My proshop is sending it in to either get repaired or to get a new one. I tried adjusting the recocker pressure, but the same problem occured. we did pretty much everything there was. I was using a 68/4500 tank so it wasn't the gas and I was using a Halo TSA which is a non-force feed which works great with it, but still had the problem....wonering if anyone else has had this problem and has any suggestions. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2003, 12:16 AM #2
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
sounds like your bolt swelled up... considering you live in texas this could happen a lot to yah... when the omen gets hot from being in the sunlight it tends to expand making it harder for the internals to move around... also people have said that the heat itself will swell the bolt up...
Old 09-09-2003, 12:27 AM #3
evilevilevil
eveyone does it

evilevilevil is a Supporting Member
Did you check the hammer plate to make sure is was screwed in tight. Mine was loose from the factory and eventually was not screwed in at all until I took it apart and found it. It was catching on the sear and I couldn't pull the back block out.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:53 PM #4
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=305330

try the electrical tape trick mention in that thread, my back block got jammed like that to, but only my first game i played with it, it shot like a wet dream over the chrony and in my backyard. Anyway i haven't exactly pinpointed the problem or solution but the tape thing couldn't hurt, cause it prevents the inner block and bolt rod/ cocking rod, from binding also try putting some lithium greas on the bolt rod/cocking rod, and like mentioned your bolt could be swelling, oh and as soon as i get home from school i'm checking my hammer plate, thnx for that evilevilevil.