PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-03-2001, 08:01 PM #1
Fistville

has been a member for 10 years
never leave the breach open

I feel like a ******* but i have to tell you guys this story. Ok, im shooting some dry shots after i cleaned my gun. I opened the breach to clean out the bolt because it was sticking when i tried to open it. Now keep in mind my head is about 2 inches from the open braech. I pull the trigger by accident. There is a tremendous bright flash and my eye hurts like hell. I didnt get hit with anything but a rush of air. That sucked, really bad. Still hurts like hell, im afraid ill have damage to it. suck eh
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2001, 08:03 PM #2
AutocockerGuy
Damn Im good

AutocockerGuy is a founding member
hehe dont worry, I was filling a nitro tank one time.. the nipple wasnt locked in place, (looked like it was) well I started to fill it.. after i got above 1500psi the tank flew off.. and 1500psi blew into my eye, Sure it hurt like hell, my eyes watered up realllll nice, but no damage. Im sure in a few hours your eye will be fine.
Old 11-03-2001, 08:13 PM #3
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
I did that with my friends mag. Hurts like a *****, but you'll be fine. I got hydrogen peroxide in my hair dying it and everything turned yellow, but I can still see fine.
Old 11-03-2001, 09:40 PM #4
Shocktech

Yikes, gotta be careful guys..dont wanna get an air imbilisim

Anyway, a local ref at the home field here town was looking at a guys RT that wouldnt fire; the trigger was acting all strange, and it would fire if you just touched it. Anyway to cut a long story short, the macroline split while it was in the refs hands. The force of the air cut open his index and middle fingers and left him with a nasty scar.

It turns out reg on the RT ( or was it the tank...cant recall) had failed and it sent the gun a full 3000 psi..apparently the macroline couldnt take it..ouch
Old 11-03-2001, 11:22 PM #5
Ghost09
LCD Angel

i help my local PB store fill scuba tanks and had a Burst disk blow on one. didn't hurt my eye's but my ears rang for 2 day's. scared the hell out of me.

2001 Vertical feed Cocker,12" CP, sidewinder reg,
Old 11-04-2001, 04:20 PM #6
Dark_recon
Now Theres An Angel !!!

well i got a boner at school while doing a speech... oppps umm wrong story....

like i ment to say.... i had a reg blow off of my scuba tank (i accually scuba dive.. dont use it to fill my paintball) and it flew out into the middle of the lake (lake travis in autsin tx) luckly the tank was almost empty so it only flew about oh i diont know 400 yards....

to this day i havent ever foud it

any ways i had a nice blister on my leg and had some ear drum pains but nothing that dosent go away....

Greg

Check It Out On My Site Click On The Links Page Then Follow It Too My Guns Page...
http://www.joinme.net/uina

If You Have Any Questions For Me...
PM Me Or Email Me At
Dark_recon@hotmail.com
Old 11-04-2001, 05:08 PM #7
Sparky

Guys I hate to preach, but.......

I know its not a real firearm, but you better treat it like it is one!

You know if that had been a real gun, youd be dead now. You are just really lucky your not blind now.

You arent the first to have an accident and unfortunatly wont be the last.

Just try to be careful out there guys.

Follow gun safety like your life and eyesight depend on it. Treat that gun as if its aired up and loaded, even if you know its not!
Old 11-04-2001, 07:31 PM #8
illustrious666

Lol! I have a story like ShockTech's. Being the idiot that I am, I took the macro line off of my Shocker (approved for 450psi) and threw it on my 'Cocker with a Preset tank screwed in. I heard a low whining noice, then the macroline exploded. Everyone in the staging area was staring at me. I almost died. Scared the hell outta me.