Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-03-2001, 06:02 PM #1
Calin

Calin is a Moderator
Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
HypoCrites...what do you think?

For some reason lately I have had people tell me that I'm a rich electro toting player that has no skill only an expensive gun.. Usually I don't care but then I noticed that he is using a Dark Cocker which is in the 1000 range. Then the same thing happened but with two guys(one with a Revenge 2 and the other a Free Flow). Has this ever happened to anyone else? And then they tell me that because I use an Angel that its all ROF that I win by. And they are using an E-mag. What the hell is going on. Any explanation?? IS this what happens this time of year or are people just so brain washed to see an Angel and put down on it?

Truly "ignorant" people are those who call others "ignorant, misinformed, uninformed" and are the same people that have lost an argument.

Typos happen.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2001, 07:28 PM #2
GroundZer0

GroundZer0 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think it may be a case of jealousy, if you beat them, they also may be making an excuse to convince themselves it wasnt because of skill that they lost. "The only reason people hate angels, is because they dont have one "

-Shocktech Shocker SFT
-68/45k Maxflow

Feedback!
Old 11-03-2001, 07:45 PM #3
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
yeah i agree with groundzero

when you dont have the money angels suck
Old 11-03-2001, 08:18 PM #4
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
But in my case, when you have the money to buy whatever the hell gun you want, and elect not to buy an Angel, its not because I can't afford one. Its just like the Musclecar Vs. Supercar. I shoot a cocker for the same reason some people drive souped up '68 Chevelles, and some people shoot Angels for the same reason some people drive '02 Corvette's.

You can put your heart and soul into a Cocker, or you can shell out bucks and ride comfortably with an Angel.

Lets try not to generalize the entire paintball population based on marker choice.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."
Old 11-03-2001, 08:31 PM #5
Budha
Paint Slüt

Most poeple think I'm crazy, but its plum jelousy and paintball media brainwashing. Meaning that people on the internet and in certain magazines like APG have people saying how bad angels are and how they are just ROF with no skill. The cause of stupidity is the friend/internetbum/APG Co2 mail kids who write in hate letters about "automatics" even though they havent been legal to use in probably 3 years.... But tahts the reason, its a bit farfetched, but i've come to notice it.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 11-03-2001, 09:20 PM #6
scantron
NOR EAST

scantron is a founding member
scantron plays in the APPA D3 division
yea i read all those APG articles with complaning little punks who have crappy little markers and say that thier guns are just as good and they hit people with high-end guns all the time. i think if someone dropped an angel into those kids lap they would change thier tune so fast.
i think they are just jealous about high-end guns and if they saved thier money instead of wasting thier time writing articles they could buy a new gun.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:37 PM #7
NanoSpark
Banned

lol. this is sorta off topic then sorta not.

Generally, rental, or beginer red ballers are so quick to think that a flashy gun means its soo much better then they are, and then they say "We are gonna get killed! his gun is soo much better!"

When i hear this it immediatly pisses me off... i mean, I really want to strangle the kid usually. tell them to STFU, you will find out later why...

I remember i was at the field with my team trying to practice, and an aquaintence from work was there playing rec ball on the woods fields. He wanted me to com play a game, so me and a team mate went over there and assumed he would go on one side and me on the other, just so the rental guys didn't complain.

Immediatly some kid (really not a kid, bout 14 but didn't have any social skills... only thing i can think of is that he was homeschooled... sorry for those of you who are or were, i am sure your normal but this kidd just didn't know how to associate with people.) Well alll the sudden he goes "aww man, he has an angle! no fair! he will shoot us on full auto!!." then they all started whining. I was like "First off this field is semi auto only... and its not an angle, Its an autococker. It wont shoot any faster than that tippman your holding."

Immediatly, he ASSUMES things and says "Oh man he has an electro cocker... thats even worse!!"

I just ignored him and ended up on his team. While we were in the start box, like an idiot, he pokes me in the back with his barrel and says "Hey, you, you better move or I am gonn run your @$$ over." Then i was like "Well what bunker are you going to?'

He points to the one i was going to, at the 50. so i shrugged and decided to take the 30, and let him go. As soon as the game starts i am off and running, and As i am getting to my bunker, guess who pushes me out of the way? Into the wide open where i get shot. Immediatly i look at the little SHhht and he goes "i told you i was gonna run you over." I was sooo pissed beyond recognition. Worst off the other team got beat really bad, and they complained and said they all got over shot... and it was because of the expensive guns... That I was too aggressive.

Funny huh? how I never got to fire a shot? And now tourney players are not allowed to join the rec games unless they are invited to, and all the people have to agree.

Ah well.. i guess i am vented.. I really really hate that kid. I sure do hope he had fun.
Old 11-03-2001, 11:47 PM #8
Aries-

Yes it happens to the worst of us :)

I was at a Big game last weekend. i was about 1 of 4 or so people with angels there (surpriseingly few were there being used) first game i get on. all these annoying renters. take a loot at my angel. and i hear them wisper "WOW. thats an angel" and slowly walk onto my team. obviusly assumeing because i have an angel. i am automaticaly the best player there. (took no notice of the bushmasters on the other side) didnt get 1 kill that game (that i could see was mine) and got shot out 5 mins into the game (rec field).

and later on that day, on another rec field. im playing and another group of renters are out there. same thing wispers of "wow thats an angel" and they stand behind me. like im a moveing shield that shoots. i turn and tell them "just because i have an angel DOESENT mean im a great player. so go hide behind someone else".... ended up getting shot by my idiot team members anyhow. (cant tell a team member with no arm band. to a oponent with a BRIGHT red arm band for crist sake)
Old 11-04-2001, 02:14 PM #9
mrstickball

My sugguestion to you is this, next time a kid w/ a gun just as expensive as you bashes your gun, tell them this.

If they own a cocker : I bought this Angel so I could shoot twice as fast as you and not to worry about short stroking. Plus I wanted a gun that I can grow into and become as good as the 70% of pro teams who use Angels.

To the Mag owner : I wanted a Angel, not a blender, buddy.

To the Shocker owner : Eh, I prefer a paintball gun, not a brick with a grip frame.

Whenever someone gives you crap, nock the gun they are using. If they say something like "my gun isn't a brick", then tell them "if it isnt a brick, I must not be a person with no skillz"
Old 11-04-2001, 04:22 PM #10
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
Pro teams? I think we should look at teams from a dominate perspective rather than classification. I have to also question you're 70% claim.

Lets look at some teams, Naughty Dogs and Strange, for example, what do they shoot? Thats right, Cockers, with some Impulses mixed in there. Aftershock? Cockers and Angels I believe, Lockout? Yeah, cockers, Dynasty? Angels, Avalanche? Angels.

Does this mean since the performance of an Angel, meaning the ability to cylcle faster than a cocker, basicly, will allow the players of a team that uses Angels to outplay the team that uses Cockers? Not quite, not at all. When you are at that level of play, its not your marker, its simply personal preference.

Any GOOD player can take whatever gun they LIKE and win with it. An Angel does not make you a paintball master, like some of you tend to believe.

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."
Old 11-04-2001, 04:28 PM #11
Sparky

Most of it is jealousy. The rest is ignorance.

Like others have said an Angel doesnt automatically make you the best player on the field.

Ive heard all the crap myself. The reason I bought a pewter angel is to try to make it less flashy than the pretty blue one I wanted. You should have heard all the comments about my old gun.

To prove my point once I went into the pro shop and said "Give me a rental pump gun". A tippman sl-68 II. Took that out onto the field and waxed a bunch of them. They were singing a different tune after that game.

Next time you get a bunch of whinny rec players do this. Go get a rental pump gun. Just for one game. Its kinda fun now and then. I didnt even have to pay for it the time I did it. If your any good, youll hear A LOT less of this crap from the regulars.

In my opinion the BIGGEST reason for owning an angel is the reliability and consistency. Not the ROF.

If you suck, you'll suck with an Angel.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:35 PM #12
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
mrstickball- i am assuming you are one of the many who believe rumors aobutthese guns when you here them. If you have a mag setup right it will not ever chop like mine i have choped 3 in 5 years with my minimag. Also with shockers i have recently bought one and have noticed it is no larger than my friends titan cocker, and they are not as heavy as people say they are i love both of these guns so please dont tell people false info