PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-09-2003, 09:37 AM #22
CyndiP-GPI

has been a member for 10 years
I want to say thank you to all the teams t hat attended. Out of all the events that have occured in the 03 season, I myself fell that this was the best event so far. In the event, only 2 teams from 3-Man and 3 Teams from 5-Man failed to show up (even after paying entry) which was great, in attendence. THe reffing staff, you guys did a hell of a job...hardly any complaints which is great for ANY paintball event...and the teams, Thank You. The event would not be where it is at with out you guys. I would like to aplogize though to those FEW teams out there that had back to back games. To make a long story short, we purchased this scedhuleing program to advoid conflicts in time and also so we can do it on a drop of a dime in case we had many teams drop out. This program is not 100% accurate. There are formulas that include the number of teams with the amount of fields playing and ect...there are some conflicts when there are uneven amount of teams amounst divisions.

Chris Farley - Thanx for the prop's...By the way, if you have any questions please give me a call.

As for what Squid Vicious stated, that is true. We are always in need of good reffs, the more the better. If interrested, please call me at the shop.

Congrats to all the teams that placed and we look forward to seeing each and everyone of you in Oct.

We have alot in store for the Oct event so everyone must come out and check it out!!! More news at a later date...
Old 09-09-2003, 01:03 PM #23
Evilcocker314
VSH #5

Deleted because I'm an Idiot
Trauma Fan #1301
VSH4eva
Rest in Peace Sydefx...cuz SMD can never die.

Last edited by Evilcocker314 : 09-10-2003 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:50 PM #24
Dkwak

Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
To Evilcocker314,

So, as they say, anonymity will only take you so far and then you should be responsible for your words or keep them to yourself.

I thought for everyone elses benefit that I would do a little investigating (checked your other postings) of my own and as it turns out you are either, Tim Moore, captain of Spun Out, or are using his login.

If you are Tim, sorry to hear that you feel Cuz was cheating. I will not argue what you may have seen... they're your eyes. However, if it was the game that we played against you in the prelims, then you should know that Cuz did not have wiped paint "all over him" at the end of the game.

As I'm sure you know, it's certainly easy to wipe an obvious hit, but impossible to hide the wet marks of the paint that was absorbed from the hit. Even the best wiper will not be able hide multiple hits, unless he's wearing rubberized material (rain slicker, etc.) or playing in lots of loose dirt/sand (mud factor)

I talked to Cuz right after the game, on the way back to the staging area and did not notice patches "all over him" of paint that had been wipped. This is the last post that I'm going to make regarding your comments because then it becomes boring and stupid to carry it further.

Thanks again to Cyndi and Brian for the best event so far in the GPL. We look forward to the Oct. tourney and playing all of the stand-up ballers. Peace!
www.pb-addicts.com
http://xpsutah.com/UXP/
1 of 1 Tsunami Gloss DM '11, Spekta Ego CSL, Pure 2 GSL
Old 09-09-2003, 02:54 PM #25
Soulfly

dkwak, forget it. if you were cheating regularly, more than one person would be ripping on you (if not here then probly on the global boards). if it happened one time and hes exaggerating, who cares, alot of players have done things in their careers they arent proud of, or even regularly play the grey area and beyond. you can try to say that him not stating his name/team kills his credibility or what have you. really, the subject isnt as much the viewer as the people he saw. trying to discredit him by asking his identity is weak. hes right, it doesnt matter what team he plays for, but what you should be asking is what's his proof? if he has none, and mixed with your lack of penalties (sans the vulagrity pull) i think anyone else reading can draw their own conclusions, cause youre not gonna change his mind.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:00 PM #26
Dkwak

AGREED!!!
www.pb-addicts.com
Old 09-09-2003, 03:19 PM #27
Violent-J
ENTER THE ZYLLAZONE

Violent-J is a Supporting Member
to Inflict:

My name is Jay Fritzinger, and i play for Spun0ut. I did not play on Sunday, but was there spectating, and saw some of the things my teammate(s) have been speaking of above. I also saw some things they couldn't or didn't see. I am the last person qualified to be the voice of reason in a situation like this, seeing as how my nic is Violent-J, and have earned it for obvious reasons. What i am going to voice here is a formal apology to Inflict, and therefore expect this to be the last post on this topic....... we will never attend another global event, but if we do run into you guys again, there are no hard feelings and promise to play you guys hard and expect you to do the same.

It seems to me that you, Inflict, were just the patsy in this situation...... with all of our frustrations caused by the GPL, built up from this whole year so far, landing on you. you did not deserve it and we apologize to you and wish you guys luck in the future.

Some people will question our frustrations and ask why, or how we could be frustrated. the only explanation we can offer is this, it justy seems impossible for us to get a fair shake at the GPL. we have attended other tournie's, at other venues with different promoters and have never seen or had this much trouble. it is because of this we willl not return to the GPL.

MY FEEDBACK = http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=a85666347819218eff95c0d7d7867b90& postid=6741458#post6741458
Old 09-09-2003, 03:32 PM #28
navigator
Roth

Annual Supporting Member
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator supports Pev's Paintball
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
HMMMMMMMMM!!!

Lainway Sports, NY

NINJA 50/4500 BORN 2013 WTT
Old 09-09-2003, 05:45 PM #29
Dkwak

In the same light, we wish you guys the best of luck and we're sorry to hear you won't be back. It is always sad to lose straight-up teams, but I understand. We have had our fair share of bad tournys in the past. Hopefully, we'll see you at a practice or another venue. No bad feelings either way!...Peace.
www.pb-addicts.com
Old 09-10-2003, 08:47 AM #30
Hammersmith
O&A Party Rock!

Violent-J

Props to you for at taking the high road and being up front about who you are and who you play for.

Every event has it's problems and although it's never good to lose teams from a series it's certainly your perogative to pull out of the GPL. I just wondering though if you have voiced your concerns and issues to Cyndi and Brian?

I know that they read these boards and I have seen marked improvement in the event based on what's been written in here. The first event the air was an issue and it was resolved, there were some complaints about the fields and from what I can see that has changed, the weather for the monsoon event was obviously not the fault of the GPL. The last two events on the other hand have run pretty smoothly with the exception of some mistakes by refs but that's something that happens with every event.

I am not saying that the GPL is perfect but I do think that they are willing to listen and are making changes based on what they hear.

You seem to have your mind pretty well made up but talking to Brian and Cyndi really couldn't hurt. It might even help the rest of the teams playing in the series. Some of your issues might be our issues too. Who knows maybe talking to them might change your mind.

Just my thoughts.

Jim
Freaks of Nature
Atlas Paintball Park
R7
OSK

Last edited by Hammersmith : 09-10-2003 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:46 AM #31
Team SG's

To team Spun Out. I donít think that leaving the GPL is going to solve all of your problems. In my experience I have learned everywhere you go there will be something to bark about and you just have to deal with it the best way possible. You guys are a young team so I would recommend to you guys just keep hammering away at it and you will succeed weather itís the GPL or notÖ.

To Team Inflict
If this in anyway is true stop it the f now. This is only going to create a bad name for yourselves and itís not worth it. Remember I only say this if it is true.. So keep up the good work and see you all later.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:41 PM #32
jmd1209

To all,

The reffing was great at this event. We all get calls we don't like, but as Slick says, "sh*t happens". If you were complaining about this event, you were just making excuses for where you ended up. The reffing was on point on all fields. Cyndi and Brian, job well done.

Thanks

Mike-Shooters & Looters Fury

Last edited by jmd1209 : 09-10-2003 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:02 PM #33
Soulfly

Mike, telling him to stop isnt going to help. theres been talk about your team cheating in the past so id take as much stock in the claim against him as i would on the one against yours.

sides, for you people who are all about 'putting an end to cheating' get over it. chances are if theyre placing in tournaments theyve pretty well made up their mind whether or not theyre going to cheat, its a part of the game at this point as much as tripping, cross checking, and all the others are a part of hockey.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:18 PM #34
ack
you wanna touch my what?!

ack is a Supporting Member
ack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm guessin you didn't read the second page at all did you?