Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-07-2003, 05:24 PM #1
DarkRockyIR3
I am BATMAN

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up GPL Event #4

I wanted to be the first one to say how much I enjoyed the 4th event. They get better, and better each time. Everything ran smoothly, and as always there was top-notch competition. My one and only complaint/question...why was the 3-man event 6 minutes, and the 5-man only 5 minutes. This cost us a couple of hangs, but hey, what can ya do. Other than that, I can't wait untill event 5, and I hope to see evreyone there!

Dark Pewter Angel 4 Fly
68/4500 Nitro Ducky Adjustable
Evolution II with z-board
Freak Kit
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2003, 07:43 PM #2
lost01boys

Yea great event, good reffing, and a nice day. I really did get confused bout the time thing.... We were dumb enough to assume it was still 6 minutes a game early in the day... that caused us to run outa time in a game we shoulda won that was key. But oh well its our own fault, but the 5 minute thing was running it a little short though

CA$HMONEY

ROCKING DA IR3
Old 09-07-2003, 08:47 PM #3
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
I think the main reason for the 5 minute games was because of the amount of teams playing 5 man

But in all it was a great event... Thanks to mother nature for the great weather..
Old 09-07-2003, 08:50 PM #4
Smiley#0024

So who won the amauteu div?
Old 09-07-2003, 09:56 PM #5
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
1st Blue chips
2nd Next Level
3rd Sg's
4th Shooters & Looters
Old 09-07-2003, 10:42 PM #6
johnmd7
Banned

yea the time was messed up and the grass wa way too long in the stangin area and the feilds were cut nice i liked it over all good feild set ups----ok refin----good paint this time----just gettin better
Old 09-08-2003, 08:38 AM #7
Evilcocker314
VSH #5

Deleted because I'm an Idiot
Trauma Fan #1301
VSH4eva
Rest in Peace Sydefx...cuz SMD can never die.

Last edited by Evilcocker314 : 09-10-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:45 AM #8
brewcrewcapt
PA BREW CREW - Capt.

brewcrewcapt is a founding member
Are u bitter?
Old 09-08-2003, 09:28 AM #9
Evilcocker314
VSH #5

nope....lol
Trauma Fan #1301
VSH4eva
Rest in Peace Sydefx...cuz SMD can never die.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:13 AM #10
LUKJAPORMS
G35 LIMITED

bout amateur c? who won?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ght=lukjaporms

"Team GroundShaker"
Old 09-08-2003, 10:34 AM #11
HarborHoffer

What's Amateur C?? Event Results for 5 man A and 5 Man B

5 man A

1st Blue chips
2nd Next Level
3rd Sg's
4th Shooters & Looters

5 Man B

1st Chain Reaction
2nd Old Bridge Shooters & Looters
3rd Shooters & Looters Fury
4th Paintlords
Old 09-08-2003, 01:38 PM #12
DarkRockyIR3
I am BATMAN

C Division?

So who won the C division? was it Flash Thunder or Inflict?

Dark Pewter Angel 4 Fly
68/4500 Nitro Ducky Adjustable
Evolution II with z-board
Freak Kit
Old 09-08-2003, 02:04 PM #13
NJ iMpAcT
PR PLAYA FO SHO

Quote:
Originally posted by Evilcocker314
Wow hour waits before games was a good thing?...u guys need to go to a real event like the IAO and see what a great event is all about. The paint looked like golf balls again(BLAZE) and the reffs were dicks again. Same old same old...GPL blows and I hope they move it far away from Skirmish next year..Maybe to Iraq so you Barno lovers can play in the sand..Make sure to take those cheatin mfers Inflict with ya too. No wonder they are the best team in C they can wipe and superman off hits like mfers."CUZ" I think it was you that I hammered 15 times off the break and you hide in the halfandhalf like a little ***** till the reff went away. You then ran to the fifty with 3 more hits on ya. Then to the Square where I lit you up like a christmas tree and you superman slid in..and wala no paint on ya. After you tried to come out and I put 6 more on you and you looked like you wanted to run again. Man your kidding yourself, u suck as a balla but you rule as a wiper. And everyone saw the **** in the snake on field one. Caught wiping and you get a 1for1, during the captains metting the head reff said it was a 3 for one. So my question is how do you get the reffs heads that far up your *ss and still run? F*ck Global and F*ck Inflict..
im just curious wut team u played for

www.PBmegastore.com for all your paintball needs

www.miguelcruz.com for great event pics
Old 09-08-2003, 02:12 PM #14
NJ_Crusade
OSK #3

The reffing on airball 1 and 3 was great, although on hyperball I was pulled after a dead player (with armband pulled) shot me about 30 seconds after I mugged him, and on airball 2 I was pulled for a "hit on my mask", interestingly enough there wasn't any paint on my mask except for splatter on the lens? We also had an incident on air2 where a player who had put his gun up and called himself out shot one of our players on the way back to his deadbox, he was then considered live...?

We had players pulled for old hits on jerseys, which is understandable if there is shell, but when its as soaked in as it can get, its kinda ridiculous.

Overall the reffing was ok, but those two fields I had problems with.