Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 PM #274
NAACP. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbN_AutoTrader View Post
No.
Black "minorities" have equal "rights" and often times EVEN MORE "privileges" than white citizens.
(Again, I can't get a scholarship from the NAACP).
Last I checked if anyone tried to give scholarships to only white students, they've been deemed "racist" and thus "illegal" though. Go figure.

Another example ; a university was putting on a summer program to go to national parks etc... and in turn learn / work and also get a stipend.
Guess what though.
No WHITE students could apply / do it no matter how interested you are/would be.

Institutions such as the NAACP need to be disbanded.
They only fuel racism.
Quote:
Nothing is more freighted with meaning for our own destiny than the revolution of the Negro American...In far too many ways American Negroes have been another nation: deprived of freedom, crippled by hatred, the doors of opportunity closed to hope...But freedom is not enough. You do not wipe away the scars of centuries by saying: Now you are free to go where you want, and do as you desire, and choose the leaders you please. You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, 'you are free to compete with all the others,' and still justly believe that you have been completely fair...This is the next and the more profound stage of the battle for civil rights. We seek not just freedom but opportunity. We seek not just legal equity but human ability, not just equality as a right and a theory but equality as a fact and equality as a result...To this end equal opportunity is essential, but not enough, not enough.
- Lyndon B. Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcfla2 View Post
Not nearly as much as you would be led to believe. Institutions like the one you get your name from are in a business that makes money when the mud starts flying, so they dig deep to find racism, even if it doesn't exist. The need for large institutions like that are over.
Currently that could be said, but at one time they were fighting for the rights. Some NAACP even gave their life so that one day there would be equality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Racism will NEVER end, that is an understood fact, but society needs to do everything we can (ALL races) to show people that all humans are equal , and that is not going to happen by giving certain races extra privileges and rights over others. Ironically, it seems that "white" people put a stronger effort in attempting to resolve racial differences in this country, while African-American's seem to be doing everything they can to seperate themselves from the rest of society, i.e BET, NAACP, Affirmative action.

Also, large institutions like the NAACP do nothing but further divide the gap between the minorities they represent and the rest of the people. Racial issues, if they brake federal law, should be treated just as other laws are and handled by none other then police officers.
I think it's good that minorities have an organization to contact, but at the time society has changed.

Many black people have preached racial harmony, not only whites have.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 PM #275
DankNugz4me
Rockin the droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAACP. View Post
- Lyndon B. Johnson

Currently that could be said, but at one time they were fighting for the rights. Some NAACP even gave their life so that one day there would be equality.

I think it's good that minorities have an organization to contact, but at the time society has changed.

Many black people have preached racial harmony, not only whites have.
NAACP is no longer needed, because there just as many black racists as there are white racist.. America is pretty chill when it comes to race nowadays
Old 05-13-2009, 05:38 PM #276
SuperSupra619 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
The NAACP had its time during the civil rights movement. Now it does nothing but stir up trouble
Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM #277
DankNugz4me
Rockin the droid

Quote:
The NAACP had its time during the civil rights movement. Now it does nothing but stir up trouble
exactly!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM #278
NAACP. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankNugz4me View Post
NAACP is no longer needed, because there just as many black racists as there are white racist.. America is pretty chill when it comes to race nowadays
There being racists is one thing, people having their rights violated because of their race or things of that nature is completely different.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:44 PM #279
NAACP. (Banned)

Quote:
Not only stir up trouble, it also helps minorities communities and tries to educate and assist. It isn't needed for its original purpose, but at the same time the organization could focus itself mainly on the community and be just as valuable.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM #280
mtcfla2 (Banned)

Quote:
Not only stir up trouble, it also helps minorities communities and tries to educate and assist. It isn't needed for its original purpose, but at the same time the organization could focus itself mainly on the community and be just as valuable.
You are proving yourself not to be as radical as I originally thought, I'm glad. Your response before,'Currently that could be said, but at one time they were fighting for the rights. Some NAACP even gave their life so that one day there would be equality.' really surprised me, not what I was expecting you to say.

The NAACP is now like a kid with nothing to do. They had a job to do a while ago, but now that they have outlived that purpose they just get in to trouble.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:05 PM #281
DankNugz4me
Rockin the droid

Quote:
touche'.. but i swear if i see another old black man calling whites racist ill be butthurt cause you have to admit this generation is very accepting of all types and very equal on top of that. Like if i applied for a college with a 25 on the ACT and a black person applied to the same college with a 25 on the ACT, the black person would be first choice over me because im white.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 PM #282
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Moderator
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
will an openly gay man be elected president in the next 100 years?

Stay on this topic above or you will be receiving an infraction.

If you guys want to talk about race then make another thread about it. All this bickering between you guys is getting really old and I'm tired of reading all the crap you guys post.

I'm tired of reading report after report about you guys crying over every little post you don't agree with.

Don't like what another member posted? If it breaks the rules report it.

Don't agree with another member? Debate it with facts not bickering and crying.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:42 PM #283
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Moderator
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
You know what. I don't think I'll reopen this. I would have to delete well over 100 post to get this thread back on topic.

Last edited by BIGN : 05-13-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Closed Thread