Old 05-09-2009, 05:51 PM #1
ViperScenarios
Coast-to-coast Scenarios

ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends III
ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends V
ViperScenarios owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ViperScenarios supports Bob Gurnsey
Astm?

Does anyone know anything about the ASTM and .43 caliber paintballs?

I've been waiting for word back from RAP4 or Kingman regarding this issue so I know whether to allow them at my events.
ViperScenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 09:22 AM #2
captainspaulding

if you get a reply, please post it here I am interested in the answer too.
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449
captainspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 AM #3
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Viper, I'm reaching out to my Kingman contact now. Hope to have an answer soon.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
drefish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM #4
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ASTM F1979

1. Rationale

Safety concerns regarding the easy cleanability of paintball fill from goggles under field conditions have been raised by various groups. This is a result of alternate fill materials being used for the fill material contained within a paintball. A basic test for cleanability is proposed to be added to the current standard to address this issue.

Abstract

This specification establishes testing procedures and critical characteristics of 0.68 caliber paintballs which help define whether a paintball is suitable for use in the sport of paintball. Furthermore, the specification establishes minimum warning and package labeling to help ensure that the paintballs are used in a safe manner and that the risk of injury is reduced. Tests shall be performed to conform to the requirements specified in accordance with the following test methods: paintball compatibility with polycarbonate and paintball impact breakage test.

This abstract is a brief summary of the referenced standard. It is informational only and not an official part of the standard; the full text of the standard itself must be referred to for its use and application. ASTM does not give any warranty express or implied or make any representation that the contents of this abstract are accurate, complete or up to date.

1. Scope

1.1 This specification establishes testing procedures and critical characteristics of 0.68 caliber paintballs which help define whether a paintball is suitable for use in the sport of paintball. Furthermore, the specification establishes minimum warning and package labeling to help ensure that the paintballs are used in a safe manner and that the risk of injury is reduced.

1.2 This specification does not cover non-recreational paintballs, for example, those used by law enforcement, scientific, military, or theatrical entities.

1.3 The values stated in SI units are to be regarded as the standard. The values given in parentheses are for information only.

1.4 This specification does not purport to address all of the safety issues associated with the sport of paintball. It is the responsibility of the user of this specification to establish appropriate safety and health practices and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.

Dre,

This is the same general ruling followed in the manufacturing of the .43 Caliber Paintballs used for the KT line. The same formula and ingredients are used for standard .68 Caliber paintballs are used for the KT paintballs. Now if the question is regarding the adequacy of current nettings used if it is woven tight enough to prevent a smaller caliber paintball from penetrating, there have been no formal tests conducted. I have conducted our own private testing and have yet to get a .43 Caliber paintball to penetrate a single layer of netting even at point blank range with the velocity set in excess of 300 fps. I actually experienced barrel breaks because of the high velocity I subjected the KT paintballs through. I did test the netting with much harder shelled paintballs that cam from RAP4 and still did not penetrate the netting.

Hope this helps.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
drefish99 is offline   Reply With Quote