Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 AM #1
black84z28
camaros suck

ford admits.....

mustangs are for girls

Quote:

Ford has 45 years of Mustang domination under its belt, and the Dearborn, MI automaker wants to keep the streak alive by catering to every demographic from baby boomer motorheads to eight year-old girls. Sure, eight year-olds don't drive, but Ford wants to appeal to them with a new line of licensed merchandise called "Pony Girl for Mustang."

Ford will reportedly target two age groups for its new female-oriented Mustang gear: 8-12 and 13-16 year-old persuasion.The galloping horse will be prominent on everything from jewelery and cosmetics to home decor and apparel. Besides Ford's trademark Mustang emblem, the products will be adorned with more feminine decorations in the form of butterflies, flowers, and stars. If you're reading this and rolling your eyes, don't. Ford is happy to point out that according to its research, girls agse 8-16 pick the Mustang as their favorite car more than any other set of wheels on the road. If a Mustang branded glue stick t-shirt helps to foster more interest, then it can't be half bad, right?

You may be wondering why Ford would spend any time on toys and apparel when auto sales are in a tailspin. Ford brand director John Nens points out that branding gives Ford millions of dollars in low-effort revenue each year, with much of the work being done by toy and clothes manufacturers. He also pointed out to Horse Talk that Ford sold 160,000 Mustangs last year, and Mattel sold over one million.
black84z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2009, 01:09 AM #2
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

they sell the same stuff for f150's and other cars, i've seen more then enough white and pink f150's for my lifetiem.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 AM #3
black84z28
camaros suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
they sell the same stuff for f150's and other cars, i've seen more then enough white and pink f150's for my lifetiem.
mustang sally, you better slow that slow mustang down!

all joking aside women buy cars too, so why not target them....with this option they can get more rainbow friendly drivers too. i bet you will see a good number of guys riding around with the pink stripes and a nice rainbow sticker plastered along the trunk.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:12 AM #4
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by black84z28 View Post
mustang sally, you better slow that slow mustang down!

all joking aside women buy cars too, so why not target them....with this option they can get more rainbow friendly drivers too. i bet you will see a good number of guys riding around with the pink stripes and a nice rainbow sticker plastered along the trunk.
depends on the state they are in.... theres still some area's that arn't exactly open minded...
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 AM #5
black84z28
camaros suck

Quote:
depends on the state they are in.... theres still some area's that arn't exactly open minded...

it would work in cali...hehe
Old 05-08-2009, 01:18 AM #6
VAMP1RE

VAMP1RE helped look for balloons
At least they finally admitted it, I'll stick with my F-150. High quality automobile. My rear brake fell off

Quote:
Like Russia?
VAMP1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 AM #7
Slobalt
Esquire

Why the hell would a girl need a car in the damn kitchen?

Genesis 49:27
I'm too fat for this sport.
CAT 1: Internet
Slobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:28 AM #8
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

has been a member for 10 years
To get to and from the stove/fridge faster duh!

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 AM #9
josh_did_what
I like sushi.

When mustangs were very first created, they were intended to be for girls, i think. But then obviously, guys got into them, and we all know the rest.
josh_did_what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 AM #10
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

mustangs have always been for the girls. The first generation and fox are exceptions being mostly male, but the others are either 16 year old girls getting their first car or 70 year old grandmas.

instead of targeting someone 1/2 the driving age, they need to be focused on people that can actually pay for and drive one. I guess if they can make little girls annoying enough they may force their parent to buy one
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
IRPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 AM #11
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again

B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I always knew it.

OP, you have a link for that source?
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

B2K4-SuperHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM #12
black84z28
camaros suck

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/15/r...h-new-product/
Old 05-09-2009, 02:45 AM #13
johnnybravo60025
§(©¿©)§

Annual Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 is a Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 helped look for balloons
johnnybravo60025 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
johnnybravo60025 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
johnnybravo60025 is Legendary
They had that in the Breast Cancer Awareness Mustang at the Chicago Auto Show in February. I know I have a picture of it somewhere on my comp. It was an Automatic and convertible too

My feedback!
johnnybravo60025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 AM #14
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
it seemed like half the girls at my high school drove v6 mustangs

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 05-09-2009, 06:39 PM #15
originalspyderxtra
God I Wish I Was Snoopy

Ok, Ford hads a good thing going with alot of cars now and are bringing themselves back from the brink, but I have a feeling the money spent on targeting underage drivers could have been spent on a more lucrative venture.
New Feedback 1 Positive
Cocker part out and more
originalspyderxtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM #16
skatahazed

there for girls and soldiers who have money and want to spend on it.