PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-05-2009, 04:33 PM #1
byebi
03'YZ125&06'YZ250F

The piston- The most ignored part

Hey guys- I just wanted to explain to you that the piston in your HPR is probably the most vital part in the HPR. If you ride an off road vehicle or know about engines-then you know the piston is the most vital part in the engine. In 2 stroke dirt bikes or atvs, you rebuild the topend (piston is in it) after a max of 50 hours, or something is bound to happen. I've had many broken or shattered pistons with people who do not do maitenance. Today I had a customer come to me saying his Diablo Wrath broke and left it with me. I took apart the regulator, and the piston was completely shattered inside the regulator. Yeah, I said SHATTERED. This was because it was abused and the oring on the piston broke, which made it rattle around inside the regulator and had too much wall clearance. Think about it like this: If you do not lube your piston or replace it after awhile, catostrophics damage will happen. The guy with the Wrath was very lucky that the piston pieces did not go anywhere else inside the regulator, or it may have made it junk. Luckily the gun quit out before more damage occured.

The piston in an engine is in the cylinder. Think that the regulator walls is the cylinder walls. If theres too much clearance between the piston and the cylinder wall of an engine, then boom. Junk. Same with a paintball gun. If theres too much clearance between the oring and the regulator wall, then boom, junk. Metal to metal.

Thanks for reading. Hoped this helped.
byebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM #2
srmd22

I assume that is the same for the bolt? The bolt is more likely to be maintained, I guess, because it's movement is so obvious, compared to the reg, which doesn't make any noise (or if it does it is hidden by bolt noise).
srmd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM #3
Stuckboy
Lawlsaurus

noobie forum makes me lol.

but good post.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM #4
cheater13
I know, my name sucks.

cheater13 helped look for balloons
cheater13 supports Sherwood Forest
cheater13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit