Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 AM #1
dirty jim flint
part time killer

dirty jim flint donated to help Peyton Trent
dirty jim flint has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
COPS stopped me while walking

The police stopped me yesterday, because some of my nosy neighbors called them. Long story short, 3 cruisers approached me and told me there was a report of a Man in Camoflage with a gun. (ME). I indeed was wearing camo, but my gun was in my backpack. What i did forget was that my sidearm(SIG 226) was on my leg, and that was what the neighbors saw. I also had my mask on top of my head and my pods on my back. How is it that the neighbors dont know the difference? I live in the suburbs, and pretty much the sticks, so this stuff is commonplace.

Anyone else get stopped or has a Cop Story? These guys were cool, and just doing their jobs, they didnt hassle me at all.

Empire BT TM-5 with Apex 2 barrel
Tiberius Tac 8 Pistol (.68)
Wounded Warrior Blue Team Cousins Paintball
TEAM McCoy@ Hatfields and McCoys Cousins SI
Fat Ballers Club V1
dirty jim flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 AM #2
frontman75
Shoot.Kill.Win.

frontman75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frontman75 supports Team VICIOUS
some thing like that happned to me once, i was in the woods near my house just messing around with some friends and some one called the cops. so the cops came and told us we had to get off because it was private proptery but we had permission from the guy that owns it to play there we told them that but they still made us leave.

Now we cant play there any more
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 AM #3
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
your neighbors are morons who probably just called the cops to watch them hassle you. vandalism should happen.
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM #4
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

ok this is entirely true story
k so i was a councillor at a camp and theres been a history spanning 20 years between my camp and the penti camp
so in the dorm all the councilors kept all their stuff under their bunks so one night we were watching the western front (what we called the camp border to confuse the campers) so we had the night vision out and we could see them running with flashlights and one councilor said stop watching them and go to bed so like five minutes after midnight fireworks were getting shot at the dorm and at the propane tanks we use to heat all of camp. so after the first one went off we all sat up in our beds and there was dead silence and after the second one echoed we had our guns out and tanks screwed in and burst out the door dryfireing while fireworks were getting shot at us. and we waited in the bush before we got back to the dorm the cops showed up and we were all holding m16 tippmans, needless to say i looked like rambo,so i gave omy gun to my friends and i walked out of the bush sayin evinin officer and a whole bunch of them got charged with numerous things and we had to keep our guns in our trailer

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM #5
Welts Paintball
Store Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty jim flint View Post
The police stopped me yesterday... 3 cruisers approached me and told me there was a report of a Man in Camoflage with a gun. (ME) I was wearing camo... my sidearm(SIG 226) was on my leg, I had my mask on top of my head and my pods on my back.
Dude, Really.... And you wonder why they stopped you.... your lucky they didn't make you lay-out in a felony prone position....

In this day and age with teens locking up their schools, and mowing down kids in the hallways.. because they got picked on for being too fat, or too skinny, or a nerd, or a bully, or a jock, or... whatever lame excuse the media comes up with...

Cops, parents, and teachers are on edge.... if you had a cop with 2 weeks on the force see you, you'd be lucky to be alive....

Please do us all a favor, and keep the gear in your room, or back yard... Its better for you, for the Sport, and for the local stores who sell the gear....

"Without Welts! You ain't playin"
www.weltspaintball.com__________________________________________________ ________(661) 347-6499
Welts Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM #6
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

agreed with welts but they shot at our propane tanks anc could have killed a hundred people

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 PM #7
dirty jim flint
part time killer

i disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welts Paintball View Post
Dude, Really.... And you wonder why they stopped you.... your lucky they didn't make you lay-out in a felony prone position....

In this day and age with teens locking up their schools, and mowing down kids in the hallways.. because they got picked on for being too fat, or too skinny, or a nerd, or a bully, or a jock, or... whatever lame excuse the media comes up with...

Cops, parents, and teachers are on edge.... if you had a cop with 2 weeks on the force see you, you'd be lucky to be alive....

Please do us all a favor, and keep the gear in your room, or back yard... Its better for you, for the Sport, and for the local stores who sell the gear....
like i said, i had a PAINTBALL MASK on the top of my HEAD. A PAINTBALL MASK> clear pods with yellow paintballs and various other PAINTBALL equipment. neighbors shouldve known the difference. My marker was in my bag, and this isnt Columbine, it was a Sunday Morning at 7am or so. I wont vandalize anything, I just wanted to go to the field.

Fat Ballers Club V1
Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 AM #8
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
like i said, i had a PAINTBALL MASK on the top of my HEAD. A PAINTBALL MASK> clear pods with yellow paintballs and various other PAINTBALL equipment. neighbors shouldve known the difference. My marker was in my bag, and this isnt Columbine, it was a Sunday Morning at 7am or so. I wont vandalize anything, I just wanted to go to the field.
I see where you're coming from, but how can you assume that they know it's paintball equipment. In today's society, the majority of people are not aware of paintball. You should never assume they'll know it's paintball stuff, just because you know it is.

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by amhildreth: cook23 FTW!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
cook23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 PM #9
Welts Paintball
Store Owner

Just like cook said.. You know its paintball... doesn't mean they did....

Imagine an 80 year old woman, who lives alone and sees you...

The mask to her looks like a gas mask, or assult mask... the pods, with paint in them seam innocent... but have you seen the movie "The Rock" the poisonous gas was carried in gelitin balls, in clear glass tubes....

I agree with you it was stupid for them to call.... but you have to understand... just cause you know about paintball, doesn't mean everyone does....

Better to be safe (put it all in a bag) then Sorry.. some rookie cop freaks out and shoots you....

I have a retired Cop that lives next door to me, and the kids across the street play airsoft in their back, and sometimes front, yards... This ex-Cop called the real cops and said there were kids chasing each other with guns.... we had about 6 patrol cars roll-up, and pop-out guns drawn on a group of Junior High school kids... If one of those cops lost his cool.... all of those kids would be dead.... (BTW: I worked for the LAPD for 6.5 Years I know alot of cops, and respect what they do)

I told my neighbor, to chill out next time, and if he feels like calling the cops to deal with these kids.. Either make it clear to the cops they are using airsoft weapons, or call me instead, and I'll go talk to them.....

www.weltspaintball.com__________________________________________________ ________(661) 347-6499

Last edited by Welts Paintball : 05-06-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 PM #10
spaceplane2

Quote:
...and the kids across the street play airsoft in their back, and sometimes front, yards... This ex-Cop called the real cops and said there were kids chasing each other with guns....
Aren't airsoft guns supposed to have the orange plug on the tip of the barrel?
spaceplane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 PM #11
Welts Paintball
Store Owner

these did.. but if your a cop coming up to what may be an attempted homicide scene with multiple active shooters.. are you gonna wait to get close enough to see if they have orange tips, or are you gonna approach full on from a safe distance....

Old 05-07-2009, 07:54 AM #12
frontman75
Shoot.Kill.Win.

frontman75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frontman75 supports Team VICIOUS
welts, not making fun of you but is it nessary to put ... after every sentance?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:19 PM #13
Poohchel

camo, sidearm is a very bad combo to most of the innocent people.
your mask....how would they know it is a pb maks? it might looks like a gas mask and you bet they calling the cops.
like the others said, you lucky you still breathing.
Poohchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 PM #14
Welts Paintball
Store Owner

Frontman75... Yes, It is... By doing so you should be pausing as you read to add emphasis to the point I am making... But I guess proper grammar and sentence structure is not a required skill to be on PBNation.. So I could stop.. Or Can I???

I will try to stop, as much as I can... BTW it also signals a loss in my train of thought, so I pause to figure out what I am typing next....

Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 PM #15
Ieo
Out of your element

Ieo supports Team VICIOUS
Ieo is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ieo is Legendary
Quote:

...Imagine an 80 year old woman, who lives alone and sees you...

... but have you seen the movie "The Rock" the poisonous gas was carried in gelitin balls, in clear glass tubes....

How many 80 year old women have seen "The Rock"?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM #16
bryceeden

Quote:
Mask+Sig=I probably would have been concerned. The Sig is what kind of tops everything off, seriously why did you have it strapped to your leg anyway? I assume you're talking about an airsoft gun(at least I hope so) but thats something you shouldn't have carrying around in the open(I think everything but clear colored airsoft guns should be illegal, but thats another story)

Last edited by bryceeden : 05-08-2009 at 05:24 PM.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:02 PM #17
dirty jim flint
part time killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceeden View Post
Mask+Sig=I probably would have been concerned. The Sig is what kind of tops everything off, seriously why did you have it strapped to your leg anyway? I assume you're talking about an airsoft gun(at least I hope so) but thats something you shouldn't have carrying around in the open(I think everything but clear colored airsoft guns should be illegal, but thats another story)
It INDEED is a paintball gun(RAP 4 226 Sig .43caliber) Why i had it strapped to my leg? It was because I didnt have 1 square inch of space left in my gear bag. I know, stupid. I really thought people these days knew the difference between a domestic terrorist and a recreational paintballer. Also, when the field is not far from your house, YOU WILL see people walking to the field in uniform. My field doesnt have locker rooms or changing rooms, OR Bathrooms.
Unless I wanna drop trou in the woods to change into all my stuff, I GOTTA PUT MY GEAR ON, minus of course my vest, mask etc. Do you call 911 when you see someone wearing an ARMY Jacket? I dont. Harmless camo does NOT mean Im Timothy McVeigh or something.

Fat Ballers Club V1
Old 05-09-2009, 08:12 AM #18
bryceeden

Thats not the question, the question is: do I call 911 when I see someone in an army jacket carrying a gun thru town? To that yeah I might get on my radio and get some cops over there. Harmless camo is alot different then "harmless" gun, guns should be carried concield(both real and replica). Really if you hadn't had the gun on your leg the police probably wouldn't have been called on you. As I've already stated I think that exact replica firearms for paintball and airsoft should be illegal, its just to easy to mistake them for the real thing.

Last edited by bryceeden : 05-09-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 AM #19
dirty jim flint
part time killer

once again, I DISAGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceeden View Post
Thats not the question, the question is: do I call 911 when I see someone in an army jacket carrying a gun thru town? To that yeah I might get on my radio and get some cops over there. Harmless camo is alot different then "harmless" gun, guns should be carried concield(both real and replica). Really if you hadn't had the gun on your leg the police probably wouldn't have been called on you. As I've already stated I think that exact replica firearms for paintball and airsoft should be illegal, its just to easy to mistake them for the real thing.
The paintball field was CLOSE BY. I cannot be the FIRST person walking THAT block wearing camo. Secondly, my so called deadly weapon is ELECTRIC BLUE(sig). I wasnt walking down 5th avenue in ManHattan, I was walking in the SUBURBS. third..... camo or not, I HAD MY VFORCE GRILLZ on the TOP of my HEAD>>>>> not over my face. I suppose we should call 911 when someone has a motorcycle helmet on the top of their head and is NOT on a motorcycle...

Fat Ballers Club V1
Old 05-09-2009, 04:53 PM #20
bryceeden

People shoot people in the suburbs all the time, that excuse don't fly. Blue grips or not, it looks like a real gun. Step out and look at it from thier point of view, here is a kid walking down the street in camo with a mask and a gun. What do you think went thru thier heads? Even being a paintball player I probably would have confronted you on it and told you to put it in the bag or leave it home. The gun isn't that big, find away to put it in your bag and you won't have any more problems.

Last edited by bryceeden : 05-09-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 AM #21
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

stick it in your pants like a gangster. :serious:

be glad the cops were easy on you, and pack up your stuff next time.

what's wrong with changing at the field? it's not hard to figure out. just put on some basketball shorts and a t-shirt, pack your paintball clothes in the bag, throw your paintball clothes on over your shorts and t-shirt when you get to the field, then change back to walk home. i'd feel like a ****ing moron walking to the field with all my gear on.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 05-10-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote