PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM #22
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

has been a member for 10 years
That would be fine with me, I can do that no problem.

However due to what Lucidus has said I am going to go a different route I think.

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2009, 08:12 PM #23
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock View Post
Thanks again for your input.

I am very cautious because I have two rods and a plate in my back, and a steel rod going down my tibia in my leg which I snapped in half last year in a car accident. I can't really leave anything to chance at all as I can't feel part of my leg so I could seriously injure it and not know it at all.

I would track it and probably also ride it on the street but not so much as I know most accidents lie at the fault of the car driver not seeing the bike and pulling out or doing something else stupid. I could probably start out on an R600 being the extremely cautious person I am but again, grabbing a handful of brake on those in a hairy situation with me being inexperienced could lead to a bad situation but I would mostly just ride it around my small town avoiding high traffic areas.

To get that sound though I would need a i4 bike? I am trying to narrow it down so I buy something I really love to ride.

Thanks again for your help.
Tough call then. If you honestly risk destroying your life by going down on a motorcycle, don't even think about track riding.

Everyone, and I truly mean everyone I have ever met who has track ridden for any period of time has crashed, it is absolutely going to happen regardless of who you are, what you ride, or what skill group you ride in. It's a 100%.

95% of the time the track is a pretty safe place to crash, esspecially if you do some research and pick and choose what tracks you are willing to ride. Some tracks are very dangerous. Anything at Summit point raceway in West Virginia other then their main course if off limits in my opinion. They don't leave enough room to crash, and there are many places where if you do crash out, you are going to hit concrete walls. But places like VIR, most of Pocono, and New Jersey Motorsports park are nice and safe.

I crashed pretty bad at VIR a few months ago and walked away fine. On film the crash was terrible, but because I was geared up correctly, and knew how to crash, I walked away.

I love track riding, and riding in general, but it's not worth ruining your life to do it. I will say, though, that you could crash that little 50 doing 20 miles an hour and put yourself in the same position as if you were to crash a 1000 depending on where and when.
Lucidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM #24
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

Yeah that is the only reason I have been debating this for some time. Maybe I should just get a 600 and ride it around town...what is the smallest cc/most beginner friendly bike I can get with an i4?

Thanks again, you have been very helpful.

ST:Almost Serious
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:45 PM #25
icdballer27
Nasir Jones

my bad
icdballer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM #26
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !BuNkEr!BuStEr! View Post
If you get a 2 stroke your going to be re-building the engine every year, especially if you race or ride it alo, it may need to be re-built more often.
Only if you run it lean and without proper lubrication.
Kenny_McCormic is offline   Reply With Quote