Community Focus

Old 05-11-2009, 01:23 PM #85
Kcin
TU Paintball

Kcin is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Kcin is an NCPA player
Kcin plays in the APPA D5 division
this is lame. we were planning on going to check it out. was telling the guys what an nppl event was like back in the day and hoping the uspl could recreate it...guess not.
Kcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 AM #86
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional

VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
VSOwnage plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2tenths View Post
The USPL is doing it's best to cater to all players on both the east and west coast. I'm sure when they rescheduled the DC event they had all the players best interest in mind. So if you want to keep playing 7man paintball in the USPL stop wining and register for the next event.
Yea, cause having virtually no true east-coast event is catering to all of the players. Some day you'll realize you're just repeating what you see in text and not what's actually happening. Until then, don't tell anyone not to whine because it seems you don't have the slightest bit of a clue.
Fox 4 Paintball - Upton, MA
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 AM #87
mr2tenths

I'm sorry last time I check DC is about as far east as you can go. Just because nobody registered for the first DC event and they had to come west again (to keep the league going)doesn't mean there not trying to have an event on the east coast. So lets get as many teams to register for this next DC event so we can all play some paintball.
mr2tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:53 PM #88
hailstormnye
JJN Productions

hailstormnye is a Paintball photographer
If we registered for media passes for this event, are they still valid for the august event or do we need to re-apply?

Flickr~Myspace
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
hailstormnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:14 PM #89
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional

Quote:
I'm sorry last time I check DC is about as far east as you can go. Just because nobody registered for the first DC event and they had to come west again (to keep the league going)doesn't mean there not trying to have an event on the east coast. So lets get as many teams to register for this next DC event so we can all play some paintball.
DC isn't exactly paintball mecca, pal. Boston has many more teams than that area and has proven to be a gold mine for paintball events. It might hurt to swallow, but the truth is right in front of you. You just seem blinded by this curtain they're pulling over your eyes.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM #90
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSOwnage View Post
DC isn't exactly paintball mecca, pal. Boston has many more teams than that area and has proven to be a gold mine for paintball events. It might hurt to swallow, but the truth is right in front of you. You just seem blinded by this curtain they're pulling over your eyes.
There is no curtain pulled over anyone's eyes. Learn the facts. It's year one of a new league. Did you ever possibly think maybe the proper cost effective deals couldn't be worked out for Boston?

Hell, I know there is 2 other fields that could facilitate USPL East Coast.
Top Gun Paintball in NJ and OA in Maryland. It's about trying to get a quality facility at a cost to make a profit so the league can afford year 2.

It takes 50 - 60 teams ($100,000+) to run an event. 1/2 for prizes and 1/2 for Field and other stuff.
BlackCellPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 PM #91
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional

Boston Paintball could have provided for this event. And don't lecture anyone on "cost effective deals"..if a league wants to survive past year one, they need to bring the events to the players..not to some obscure place in DC. Succesful events for paintball have been held in the past in Boston..I think the figure was the tradeshow in NPPL Boston was second only to HB...quite a statement there. The age old saying "You gotta' spend money to make money" applies here. Don't tell me to learn the facts when clearly you haven't yourself.

Last edited by VSOwnage : 06-02-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 PM #92
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSOwnage View Post
There were (two) facilities that could have provided for this event. Don't tell me to learn the facts when clearly you haven't yourself.
Trust me....I know the facts!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM #93
mr2tenths

How far is DC from Boston about 4 or 5 hours?
mr2tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM #94
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

Quote:
How far is DC from Boston about 4 or 5 hours?
8 Hour Drive or $160 Round Trip Flight on JetBlue.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 AM #95
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
FYI the DC event is in Aldie, Va which is about 45-50 mins outside of DC. They are using DC because it is close, well known, and catchy. I just wanted to clarify that so people know.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 AM #96
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Looks like we're back on the same old arguments.

The fact is:
The GPL (Close to the DC area) drew in 12 d2/d3 7-man teams for Event 1 and 9 teams for Event 1
The NEPL (Close to the Boston area) drew in 35 d2/d3 teams for Event 1 and currently 32 (23 paid) for Event 2 (6 or 7 of those teams from NY/NJ area)

Do you make the 9-12 teams from the GPL travel or the 32-35 teams from the NEPL travel - hum...which one makes more sense?

Why isn't the USPL going to Chicago? Look at the current PSP event sign-ups: 81 xball teams (38 currently paid) - not counting the Pros or the 5-man stuff which adds a ton more teams - Over 100 5-man teams with 57 already paid). You can't tell me Chicago is X-ball heavy - but I can tell you that it's Paintball strong - lots off people just want to play a national event - and Chicago has a lot of people.

Ok - so you couldn't work out a deal with Maynard/Boston Paintball, so you'll hold the event in DC, not get the draw you need and cancel the event (Again) - smart move. Damn! I'm going to miss 7-man.

How's the 2nd west cost event going - let's check in with the APPA on that one: 32 divisional teams signed up - 12 paid so far - 6 or 7 weeks to go till that event - looks like it will be a success. I imagine you'll get your draw - why - because there are teams there. Why not hold the event in the Northwest - say Seattle - or even just Northern California. Oh pick me - I know why - you won't get the teams you need for the event - same as on the East Coast.

You need to go to the teams - specially in this economy. You don't have a proven product, so you can't expect the masses to come to you just yet. Why not focus on becoming a super "Regional" event where the local teams are the majority of the teams in the event with the Pros and Semi-Pros flying in for the event/series points. Maybe even the D1's flying in.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:15 AM #97
Gailon
FEP Sticky

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the GPL location is 3 HOURS from the USPL DC location. So that would be like comparing NEPL to an event in...I dunno, ALBANY, NY, distance wise.
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 AM #98
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
I guess that would be even worse for the DC event then - I'm assuming (because I can't find anything on the we ) that there is no major regional 7-man series in the DC area then. That means even less teams playing in the DC Open. It might be exceptable to plan on the GPL teams traveling down to DC to play in the event, but I wouldn't count on many of the NEPL teams making the 8+ hour drive down.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 PM #99
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Damn! I'm going to miss 7-man.
Like how people miss 10-man.

NEPb - Destructive Customs - Feedback: Old New - Stuff for sale

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 PM #100
BC Predz
digiwave

Annual Supporting Member
BC Predz is a Supporting Member
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The fact is:
Boston has way to many dunkin donuts and wawa is better.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM #101
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
I was never a big WAWA fan, but I see your point.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 AM #102
LIL KILLA 97

Florida!!!!!!!!!
LIL KILLA 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:11 PM #103
Labelskate

Labelskate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Heat View Post
The branding of the NPPL need to be back... Much like Harley-Davidson, and their buyout and financial trouble back in the day.. the name, logo, and self selling image to the paintball world is needed.. Never mind the Shawn Walker days.. its about NPPL.. it was the what paintball has become the closest thing to mainstream and to start over and market a new name, just spells trouble with the sport or image on the name.. NPPL needs to come back and carry us forward .... We as players and industry people need to come together and make the changes right to bring the status to the top.. not blame those in the past.. or the wrong doings of people who just had money and not the knowledge of the sport to back us!

agreed. uspl just sounds stupid imo.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 AM #104
TradeMyGun Paintball
trademygun.com

TradeMyGun Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer187 View Post
From an e-mail I just received from the USPL:

US Paintball League Takes Back the NPPL; Moves to Four National Events in 2009
Eraser

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA - April 29, 2009 - The US Paintball League (USPL) is committed to hosting great events and working to ensure that the schedule and venues are well planned and well executed. Following the successful season opener at Huntington Beach, the league has been speaking with many teams and evaluating the overall plan for 2009. After careful consideration, we have decided to adjust the schedule and the remaining venues to better suit the needs of our divisional team base and to better enable us to provide the best service to our customer base.

Effective immediately, USPL is rescheduling the PEVS DC Challenge and announcing that it will host three remaining events for 2009. By reducing the number of 2009 events to 4 total events, we will ensure that the level of quality and prestige remains as expected. This will also allow our teams the necessary time to recover between league events and to physically and financially prepare to compete in the USPL 7 Man Series.

Branding
The US Paintball League has purchased all the trade marks and rights to the National Professional Paintball League (NPPL) Super 7 World Series. Currently the US Paintball League will maintain the NPPL sanctioning rules and committees. The team members are in the process of deciding whether or not to use the NPPL name in the coming year.

Conferences
The Eastern and Western Conference titles for every division will be determined by each team's top three scores (The DC Challenge in August must be included to win the Eastern Conference and the West Coast Open must be included to win the Western Conference). All 16 Professional teams will be competing in each event this season. DC Arsenal is currently leading the Eastern Pro Conference while San Diego Dynasty is leading the Western Pro Conference. The World Championships this October will be open to all teams as well as international teams looking to compete at the National level.

Event Prizes
The USPL will announce additional product and cash prizes on our web site May 10, 2009.

Series Prizes
A Series Prize Package will be announced for all Divisions which includes Free Entry into the 2010 Huntington Beach event (scheduled for April 9 - 11, 2010), as well as a gun sponsorship for all National Series 7man winners from Bob Long (more details coming May 10, 2009)!

DC Challenge Postponed
The DC Challenge has been postponed until August 28 - 30, 2009. If your team has already paid and registered for the DC Challenge, please phone the league at (714) 858-1923 or email info@uspaintballleague.com for details. USPL stands behind you, therefore, call us with questions and let us resolve any issues with teams needing reimbursements for changing flight schedules, hotel booking fees, etc.

New 2009 Schedule
Event 1: Surf City Open, Huntington Beach, CA - April 3 - 5, 2009 (Completed and a great success!)
Event 2: West Coast Open - Dates and Venue to be confirmed shortly
Event 3: DC Challenge, Pev's Paintball Park, Aldie, VA - August 28 - 30, 2009 CONFIRMED
Event 4: World Championships, Las Vegas, NV - October 2 - 4, 2009 (Venue TBA)

Current Rankings
The current rankings after Event 1 include the following leaders (full rankings listed on www.uspaintballleague.com and www.nppl.com) :

Professional
1st DC Arsenal
2nd San Diego Dynasty
3rd Oakland Blast
4th Los Angeles Infamous

Division 1
1st Dynasty Entourage
2nd Arsenal Evolution
3rd Hollywood HK
4th Vicious

Division 2
1st Arsenal Predators
2nd LA Endurance
3rd Black Cell
4th Fuzion

Division 3
1st Sadistik
2nd SCP Edge
3rd Impact Kids
4th Critical Wrecking Crew

Division 3 5-man
1st Davis Excessive
2nd Sick Individuals
3rd Team Rip
4th Surgical Strike

Pump
1st LA Hitmen.com
2nd GAT Products Factory
3rd Chikun Nuggets
4th Slow Moving Targets

You are receiving this email as you either signed up through www.uspaintballleague.com or were on the NPPL mailing list. For More info go to www.uspaintballleague.com or www.nppl.com or call (714) 858 1923 today!
So I'm still trying to get a refund for my hotels. Has anyone received any refunds from USPL ???? I can tell you we will not go to any USPL events until this is resolved - I'm sick of false promises.

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS AT WWW.TRADEMYGUN.COM

trademygun.com
paintballplex.com
TradeMyGun Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote